Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 108 of 317 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 4748

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chava View Post
    Greybrother Square - Named after munks, it is a great central square with music in summer, and sparse afternoon sun in the winter.
    Not to mention the restaurant Peder Oxe. Yum, yum.

/Claes

I somehow managed to make a double posting. Could a moderator remove this one, please?
    Last edited by ClaesGefvenberg; 02-02-2009 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Double posting.
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by sub
    My friend adopted penguins from London zoo. It happens that there are 4 of them and in my team room at work, there are 4 of us (including me). So we gave names to the penguins and the naming was based on our heights (the smallest penguin is named after me because I'm the smallest compare to my other 3 colleagues)
    Sweet!

Chava, gorgeous pictures!

Blog Entries
    Chava, wonderful pictures of Copenhagen! Looks like a wonderful and quaint city/town to visit. I love the Antiquarian where you lose all of your money - I see your reflection in the window.

Maddy, some more great photos! I love the dove, also. I love doves, but we only have gray ones here, but still they are so lovely sitting on my roof in pairs and cooing. I love it when they come and sit together, obviously they are married...so sweet and gentle and their coloring is grayish with a tinge of pink.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Suzerain of Cost&Caution SleepyWitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shropshire Snowscapes

mono, you're snow pics are awesome.
    I took some pics of the snowy landscapes in England from the train. There was a lot more snow the next day.
    bah, stupid format, right-click them to see the full pic. (I know I could shrink them, but I like big pictures )

Blog Entries
    Nice pictures Sleepy. Looks pretty.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    A dove at a church, what a wonderful thing. Very nice pictures Maddie. One never associates Christianity with Inda, but my boss is from India and he's Roman Catholic.

Thanks

You will find a lot of Christians, especially in the southern states of India, like Karnataka, Tamil Nadu (Kodaikanal is in this state), Kerela, and also Goa. Several hundred years ago, the European traders came to India via the sea route into these states, these were Portugese, Dutch and from other nations. They also brought with them their culture and religion. Then came the missionaries and as they established themselves here they also spread their religion. The people who got converted to Christianity were mostly those belonging to the lower castes amongst Hindus. But that was long long back. These days also you will find people being converted, for example for marriages. In my work place, there is this Hindu girl, who got converted into a Christian last November to marry the guy she loves.

Is your boss from South India?

This church was the famous one in Kodaikanal, but you will find many that have the typical European architecture.
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Blog Entries
    Some more pics from the trip

A girl on the tight-rope

A view of the Guna caves from a distance

view from inside the caves

inside view

chillies for pakoras (a type of snack) and lemon for lime water

A house by the lake (colour edited)

pine trees (coloue edited)

view of the valley

waterfall (close-up)

waterfall (from a distance)

another waterfall

Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Lovely pictures, SleepyWitch - I especially love the ones of the oak trees in the distance.

Madhuri, you have quite the talent for photography - very impressive, vibrant photos.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    Lovely pictures, SleepyWitch - I especially love the ones of the oak trees in the distance.

Madhuri, you have quite the talent for photography - very impressive, vibrant photos.
    I agree whole-heartedly with you,Mono; lovely photos from both, SleepyWitch and Madhuri. I'd love to come to England and your photos, Sleepy, made me even more convinced. I love the little girl with the poles, Madhuri; is that a vase or pot on her head or just something in the background? I love those fabulous waterfalls and the caves are so interesting.

Blog Entries
    Hard acts to follow - such great photos from everyone.
    Nothing too extraordinary here - just some photos I took the other night when it snowed here. Unfortunately, hand held with no flash, they tended to come out grainy, so I just altered some color tones with a program. I call the blue ones -'Study in Blue' haha....I had been jealous of Kizzo's great bluish snow photos, so I made my own.

Looking out our back window - reflection of me taking photo and the branches are actually outside the window - turned out sort of strange.

These have been manipulated as far as color tones.
    Snowy tree, lake from upstairs window.

Overlooking the lake; a little cold for a picnic, although hot chocolate would be nice.

Looking down my street.

No, that is not the a snow ghost in the corner - I really have no idea what it is; maybe my finger....just the bad photographer I am.

Looking out towards the lake, white clematis bush covered with snow.

Snowy tree branches upclose.

Unfortunately, a little out of focus; I must have moved, but you can see how much snow we got stuck onto bushes and trees. It was such a beautiful night snowfall!

From upstairs window

This one is really grainy, but I thought it was a bit interesting anyway; my sideyard. Odd how green flecks got into it when I turned it blue toned.

These are from my upstairs window, looking over the roof; I thought they looked like space/moon photos - really those are snowflakes, but there is a round one - wondered if the moon really was showing through. I tried different color tones...so these three are the results - sort of crazy, eh?

Actually, I was gazing out the window the following evening at dusk and the snow did indeed look blue, not sure quite as intense as I depicted it, but it was blue and so was the sky; so maybe these are not that unrealistic afterall.
    Last edited by Janine; 02-07-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: add something

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Lightbulb

Great shots, Sleepy, Maddie & janine.

I have some new ones too:

Reflections in a glass of wine, at a restaurant in Helsinki

Curling in Helsinki. Yes, it is me, and yes we won, and no, I had never done it before.

More curling, but with a much better style.

Mist and snow, back home.

A hole in the ice over a small forest creek.

More misty trees.

The neighbours cat paying us a visit.

Cat Cam

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Blog Entries
    Great photos from Sleepy, Maddie, Janine & Claes.

Claes, my favorite of yours is that last one, the back of the cat's head -- adorable!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

in angulo cum libro Petrarch's Love's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gee, I've been missing out on some great pictures around here.

Sleepy-- great motion shots from the train

Madhuri--Your shots are so vivid and warm. I wish I was there.

Janine--I love your snow pictures. I know how difficult it is to get good night pictures of the snow, but that always seems to be when it's freshest and prettiest. The blue tint is a great idea. I'll have to try that.

Claes--Getting the reflection in the wine glass looks like a tricky achievement. I love that shot of the hole in the ice too. Glad you're now a victorious curler!

I recently posted a few pictures of the beach at sunset in my home town in January to my birthday thread, but I figured as long as they're already in photobucket, I might share them here too:

"In rime sparse il suono/ di quei sospiri ond' io nudriva 'l core/ in sul mio primo giovenile errore"~ Francesco Petrarca
    "Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."~ Jane Austen

Blog Entries
    Petrarch, thanks for you kind compliments. It was fun playing around with the color changes. I even did some in lavender tints; odd how much the mood will change. Night photos are nearly impossible. I took a few the next day early, while the snow was totally fresh, and had not melted yet; by noon, it was nearly disappearing, can you believe that? The sun it strong.

I love your beach photos at sunset. The pier is my favorite, but I like the one with the little girl enjoying the wind. She adds a nice touch to your photo - the human presense. I love the way the waves and beach subtly pick up the pinkish light of the sunset. I wish I was there right now. I love the West Coast! Here we only get the sunrise and the sunset over the bay looking inland. Our sunrise over the sea is nice but I am always too late to see it.

Blog Entries

Are they related?

You may be familiar with D&G.
    But in Cape Town, you will find D&B
    Attached Images Attached Images

"there are people in the world so hungry that God can not appear to them except in the form of bread"

Mahatma Gandhi