Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 101 of 349 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5223

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

Tu le connais, lecteur... Kafka's Crow's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At last a dry Monday morning. Very cold and misty though, still I managed to drive out to Windsor and Runnymede:

Sweet Thames run softly...

... the nymphs have departed!

River Thames in Windsor:

Sir Christopher Wren's House (Windsor):

First glimpse of Windsor Castle:

"The farther he goes the more good it does me. I don’t want philosophies, tracts, dogmas, creeds, ways out, truths, answers, nothing from the bargain basement. He is the most courageous, remorseless writer going and the more he grinds my nose in the sh1t the more I am grateful to him..."
    -- Harold Pinter on Samuel Beckett

Blog Entries
    Kafka, your photos make me really regretful that I never went to Windsor while in the UK. =[ It looks quite lovely there.
    Naked except for a cigarette, you let your mind drift and forget your disbelief. Feel the chill down your back and the flutter of wings through dandelion fields, and forget the pull of gravity in a night without stars.

I lack eloquence and commitment to my arguments. They are half baked, and I will begin passionately, and then abandon them.

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Crow View Post
    At last a dry Monday morning. Very cold and misty though, still I managed to drive out to Windsor and Runnymede
    Which goes to prove that poor weather is a poor reason for not taking pictures. It does not have to be all sunshine. As a matter of fact, pictures taken in rainy conditions often turn out amazingly well.

/Claes
    Last edited by ClaesGefvenberg; 11-18-2008 at 06:27 AM.
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Lovely pictures, Kafka's Crow!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

i like your pictures .... nice views

Blog Entries
    Very nice Kafka. Makes me feel like it's next door.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    its pictures like that, that remind me of why i love the English countryside so much....the river scenes remind me a bit of being along the severn river in Worcester.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    Oh, I love Windsor Castle; those are marvelous photos Kafka's Crow.

Now I am going to cheat a bit; the following photos were not taken by me, but by son, Sean. He took these a number of years back, when he was on a business trip to Washington, DC. I always admired these photos and thought they were some of his very best. He has a collection of really good cameras. I thought these would interest all of you, in the wake of our national elections and all the talk of patriotism and Washington, our national capital and treasure. I am very proud of my son's efforts and his great results.

The Jefferson Memoral on the Potomic River...let me be your tour guide...

A grand statue of the great man himself....

I love the shadows on these columns. That is the Washington Monument, in the background. I love the contrast in shape/design of the two buildings and the texural effect of the marble - so sparkling white in the sunlight.

He got lucky; it was cherry blossom time in the grand city....along the Potomic.

"It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    The Jefferson Memoral on the Potomic River...let me be your tour guide...

I love the shadows on these columns. That is the Washington Monument, in the background. I love the contrast in shape/design of the two buildings and the texural effect of the marble - so sparkling white in the sunlight.

All very nice Janine, and yes it's luckky to be in D.C. when the cherry blossoms are in bloom. He probably had a very hard time getting a hotel room. I particularly liked this photo. I've got tons of photos of D.C. but that's an angle I've never noticed before. Very good. Next time I'm down there I will have to find that angle and snap that for myself.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    All very nice Janine, and yes it's luckky to be in D.C. when the cherry blossoms are in bloom. He probably had a very hard time getting a hotel room. I particularly liked this photo. I've got tons of photos of D.C. but that's an angle I've never noticed before. Very good. Next time I'm down there I will have to find that angle and snap that for myself.
    Thanks, Virgil. That one is my all-time favorite, too. It just worked out so well, the way the other monument is in the background and the steps are sort of shadowly. I once had that one on my computer desktop. He took some nice San Francisco photos of buildings, etc, too. I will have to dig those up and post some of those. One I think you will really like. I would post my artsy photos but they were taken with a regular camera and printed so they have to be scanned. I did a black and white series of buildings in Philadelphia when I was in art school over there. I like how they came out because the camera I used had a big negative and took great detailed shots. I need to download the scanner support for my printer/scanner 3-in-one.

Lightbulb

OK, this thread has been idle for long enough: Christmas pictures, anyone?

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Blog Entries
    Very cool Claes. What a great idea. I take it that's your daughter and wife in the middle picture. And you have a very nice living room, by the way.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

Blog Entries
    Wow that is such a cool idea! Awesome pictures Claes

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Very cool Claes. What a great idea. I take it that's your daughter and wife in the middle picture.
    Partly correct: It is my daughter to the left, but the one to the right is her cousin. The picture was taken at their place, btw.

/Claes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaesGefvenberg View Post
    Partly correct: It is my daughter to the left, but the one to the right is her cousin. The picture was taken at their place, btw.

/Claes
    Hey, Santa Claes, Glad you posted these - so interesting in the big read ball...love to see reflections. You did a good job; very artistic. I see your relatives have the same type floor my son has, with a few area rugs. Funny, with the distortion in the one photo, you look a little like my son. I am still waiting for them to send me the Christmas photos. They took a lot; they will come presently I am sure. I didn't end up taking any this year, because I was holding my grand-daughter so much or playing with her on the floor; I simply forget, tell you the truth...I knew they had plenty anyway. Wow, nice to see your daughter in the photo also. Hi, pretty Saphira! ...and your cousin, too! Everyone is dressed so nicely, too. I like to see that for holidays - like you in the dress shirt and tie. Over here, some people dress like bums. Personally, I think people should dress up a little for holidays. Why not?
    Last edited by Janine; 12-27-2008 at 04:08 PM.