Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 10 of 349 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

Great Claes..
    Where have you been to?
    Only Sweden and Italy?
    I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death. - Robert Fulghum
    Je Chante Une Chanson Sombre
    The Lady of Mine - Opinion please
    A tragedy crept to the name Bathory

in angulo cum libro Petrarch's Love's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I was just looking through this thread, and Claes, your photographs are real works of art. Simply amazing.

"In rime sparse il suono/ di quei sospiri ond' io nudriva 'l core/ in sul mio primo giovenile errore"~ Francesco Petrarca
    "Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."~ Jane Austen

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Poetess View Post
    Where have you been to?
    Only Sweden and Italy?
    Oh no, I have been around a bit: As a matter of fact, I answered that very question in post no #24 of Pensive's thread Tell us about the countries you have visited., and I think the list still holds, but I hope to add to it.

The thing is that I finally abandoned my old 35mm system camera and went digital in 2004. Any pictures taken earlier will have to be scanned, and I am currently transfering my old shots to digital format, but the time... It's slow going, and I am not going to scan all of it. There is just too much.

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Blog Entries
    Which digital camera you use? How many pixels? What picture quality you set (in terms of pixels) for taking such photographs?

Could you share with us, what you think or any method you adopt while taking these shots?
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
    Which digital camera you use? How many pixels? What picture quality you set (in terms of pixels) for taking such photographs?
    Happy to oblige: Nothing fancy, just run of the mill equipment:

1: A Sony Cybershot pocket camera - 5.1 Megapixles.
    2: A SonyEricsson K750i cell phone with a 2.0 Megapixles camera (Used for the pony and Eskilstuna Old Town pictures in the above post).

Could you share with us, what you think or any method you adopt while taking these shots?
    That's harder, because I don't really know. I'm not doing it consiously, but I can tell you this much:

I am always actively looking for the picture. Both of the above pieces of equipment are also equipped with 2Gb memory cards, and that is important, because it allows me to take chances (and get lots of failed shots ) in order to get that one great one. I experiment a lot

The fact that I nearly always carry one or both cams also means that they are available when the opportunity presents itself.

/Claes
    Last edited by ClaesGefvenberg; 12-27-2006 at 07:05 AM.
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaesGefvenberg View Post
    Happy to oblige: Nothing fancy, just run of the mill equipment:

1: A Sony Cybershot pocket camera - 5.1 Megapixles.
    2: A SonyEricsson K750i cell phone with a 2.0 Megapixles camera (Used for the pony and Eskilstuna Old Town pictures in the above post).
    Really?? I thought you must be using some hi-fi camera, that has some 10 different types of focus and zoom and lens protruding some 2 feet..hehehe....

You do know how to take pictures, Claes.

Both of the above pieces of equipment are also equipped with 2Gb memory cards, and that is important, because it allows me to take chances (and get lots of failed shots ) in order to get that one great one. I experiment a lot

The fact that I nearly always carry one or both cams also means that they are available when the opportunity presents itself.

/Claes
    This is the key, I suppose, there is a lot of hardwork that goes before a masterpiece gets made...

Thanks, Claes.

Blog Entries
    When do we get to see more??

Blog Entries
    Oh I've been meaning to do this but kept forgetting. I never posted pictures of my trip to the fingerlakes in New York state. Here are some nice ones. This lake is like 30 miles long and about a half mile wide, long and skinny. All of them are like that. That's why they are called finger lakes. This was late October, so you can see the beautiful fall colors.

LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Very nice pictures, Virgil. I really liked the 2nd and 3rd pictures. It seemed as if a solitary person is in a very thoughtful mood, trying to look beyond the horizon.

Smile

When do we get to see more??
    How about now? I held off a bit to see if anyone else felt like posting a few, and then Virgil came to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Oh I've been meaning to do this but kept forgetting. I never posted pictures of my trip to the fingerlakes in New York state.
    Good ones Virgil. I like those Autumn colours.

...and here is another batch of mine:

Bull contemplating the sea, at the south tip of Öland, Sweden.

The Lynx cage at Öland Zoo, Sweden. The cats were making an awful racket (Imagine a furious house cat x 10!), due to a dog outside the fence.

En route to work, between Esklstuna and Torshälla, Sweden.

Same as above with different settings.

Yours truly (To the left, I might add) with Power Play at Ekeby Riding School, Eskilstuna, Sweden.

November morning in Gothembourg Harbour

/Claes

Blog Entries
    Claes and Virgil, those are wonderful pictures! I love the fall colors and those cats at the zoo are just lovely. Nice!
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Blog Entries
    I second Kathy! Beatiful pictures, Virgil and Claes
    "Don't matter who they are, anybody sets foot in this house, they are company and don't let me catch you remarking on their ways like you were so high and mighty."

Blog Entries
    Nice pictures Claes. I like the ones with the bicycles with sunset best. Very nice affect. There is something very interesting about the cow on the sea.

Photography has been one of my hobbies too. Unfortunately most of my really good photos were before the digital revolution. I will have to get them scanned.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Virg<<<<wonderful, wow, I especially loved the third one,felt so lonely and dramatic.

Cales,our talented photographer, the one with the bycicle is exclusevely amazing.

keep showing us ,guys. I love photoes.

Blog Entries
    These are beautiful as always. And, as Virgil said, I too liked the sunset one with the bicycle, a lot. I have never seen cats like the ones in the picture, the tail seems too short...hehehe. Very nice effects in all the pictures.

You look very different from your avy picture. Do you really go to work on a bicycle?