Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 43 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

in angulo cum libro Petrarch's Love's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey, it's the Newport Pier. That's about a ten minute drive down PCH from my hometown. Glad I'm driving back there next week, or those pics of the ocean would be making me seriously homesick. I like the surfer picture, Virg. It really captures the feeling of the place.

"In rime sparse il suono/ di quei sospiri ond' io nudriva 'l core/ in sul mio primo giovenile errore"~ Francesco Petrarca
    "Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."~ Jane Austen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrarch's Love View Post
    Hey, it's the Newport Pier. That's about a ten minute drive down PCH from my hometown. Glad I'm driving back there next week, or those pics of the ocean would be making me seriously homesick. I like the surfer picture, Virg. It really captures the feeling of the place.
    I wasn't sure exactly where I was. Is Newport near Santa Monica?
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

in angulo cum libro Petrarch's Love's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's actually about an hour's drive south of Santa Monica. You were right in the heart of Orange County, so you can tell people you were livin' it up in the O.C.

"In rime sparse il suono/ di quei sospiri ond' io nudriva 'l core/ in sul mio primo giovenile errore"~ Francesco Petrarca
    "Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."~ Jane Austen

Blog Entries
    Well, I flew into the O.C. airport. It was a nice part of town. But then most parts of California are nice.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

Blog Entries
    Virgie, the sunset pictures were soo soo pretty......
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

laudator temporis acti andave_ya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *stares in awe* woah! Those are really neat, Virgil! I especially liked the looking-up shot of the palm tree. :
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,
    "To talk of many things:
    Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
    Of cabbages--and kings--
    And why the sea is boiling hot--
    And whether pigs have wings."

Virgil, these are beautiful photos!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Hemel Hempstead - if you wanted to give the world an enema, it's where you'd stick the tube.
    Photographs of the fire at the Buncefield oil depot, Hemel Hempstead, Dec. 2005.
    You may recall hearing in the news about the series of explosions and huge fire at the Buncefield oil depot, near Hemel Hempstead in the U.K., in December 2005. I live about half a mile from the depot, and was woken up rather alarmingly at 6 o'clock in the morning by a very loud bang (the explosions were heard in Holland, so you can imagine what it sounded like half a mile away!). I looked out of my bedroom window, and saw what you can see in the photo, 'From my house' (last in the album, because they're in reverse chronological order, due to the vagaries of photobucket's uploading system - also reproduced below). I walked over to the industrial estate with my son, but the rozzers had already set up road blocks, and weren't letting anyone near, However, the copper on duty confirmed what I'd already suspected, that it was at the Buncefield depot. I've lived in Hemel for 32 years, and had occasionally wondered what would happen if one of those tanks went up: now I knew. Amazingly, no-one was killed. I took some more photos of the huge column of flame behind some factories.
    Later, as the sun rose, we got a lurid sunrise in smoke - there was no cloud. The smoke had built up, and flames were no longer directly visible.

From my bedroom window at about 06:10

From the top of the road I live in (which is the one off to the right) at about 10:15
    Last edited by SteveH; 06-09-2007 at 05:44 AM.
    http://www.online-literature.com/forums/image.php?u=33938&type=sigpic&dateline=1179914165

U2aholic
    I love taking pictures. I almost never allow anybody to touch the camera, it's always me who takes the photos The walls in my room are full of them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In dreams begin responsibilities.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
    Virgie, the sunset pictures were soo soo pretty......
    Quote Originally Posted by andave_ya View Post
    *stares in awe* woah! Those are really neat, Virgil! I especially liked the looking-up shot of the palm tree. :
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensive View Post
    Virgil, these are beautiful photos!
    Thank you. I really wish that the camera strap had not gotten in the way (in the upper right) in most of those pictures. Otherwise I think they could have been good enough to enlarge and frame and hang in my home. I do that with some of my best pictures.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    Dont think I've posted this previously. This is the deck I built for my mother last summer, I was back there a couple of weeks ago stripping all the paint off of it (was same colour as the flower crate in front of it) I am going back this weekend to put a nice new cedar stain on it instead.

There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

Hey kilt that's nice Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    Photographs of the fire at the Buncefield oil depot, Hemel Hempstead, Dec. 2005.
    You may recall hearing in the news about the series of explosions and huge fire at the Buncefield oil depot, near Hemel Hempstead in the U.K., in December 2005.
    I remember that really well. I've got friends who live near Hemel Hempstead, in Pouchenend (sp?) and I phoned them to make sure they were okay. These pics are amazing.
    "Man, of all the animals, is probably the only one to regard himself as a great delicacy".
    Jacques Yves Cousteau

Quote Originally Posted by kilted exile View Post
    Dont think I've posted this previously. This is the deck I built for my mother last summer, I was back there a couple of weeks ago stripping all the paint off of it (was same colour as the flower crate in front of it) I am going back this weekend to put a nice new cedar stain on it instead.
    Really nice deck. Looks nice there too, sunny.
    "Man, of all the animals, is probably the only one to regard himself as a great delicacy".
    Jacques Yves Cousteau

Nice to see a person who shows his love to his mother with his own labor and craft. You may think i am weird but it made me feel affected. You couldn't give her no better gift than something like this.

Did you consider to build a top with an ivy around columns and framework, or putting few more trees around, so she would feel more private when she put a table and chair in there.