Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 49 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

Oh, yeah, very famous up at Assateague and Chincoteague on the Eastern Shore near Maryland. But they are also on Pine Mountain here in SW VA, and like at Chincoteague, are rounded up and so many sold once a year so as to keep the population in line with the reasourses that they depend upon. I hiked the AT through there once in the fog, and one of the stallions made sure I stayed on the path. He followed me and reared up and whinnied every time I stepped off on "his turf." Hee. I'll swear this is a true story!

Pen

Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Hi All

I thought i might share with you some photos from my newest experience: Hong Kong and Shanghai, both of them amazing cities.
    Hope you like the pics.

Last edited by Moira; 07-25-2007 at 02:23 AM.

Also a Budhist temple, which i did not enter yet but i will soon visit it.

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    ...Can't...resist...

MUTATO MUZIKA!!!! Where AMAZING music is composed for film, video games, and TV ads!

*realizes that she must be more specific*

The big lime green UFO office where three former DEVO band members work on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles, about an hour away from where I live. I took this picture while spazzing out in a moving car...eheheheh. ^^'

It's also where the neighbors come to complain about the color of the building. What do they know? The traditional poo-poo-colored building is LAME.

I am so lucky.

Oooh! Oooh! Look, everyone! You can even see the L.A. smog in the air! See it? It's all yellow! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! AND a big billboard advertisment for Hairspray! Don't you just love city life?

Moira, those photos are gorgeous! What nice panoramic views! And the temple! Such exciting, exotic places...I would love to travel there. Or any place new. I've never been outside the U.S.

Added bonus! As we were driving along Sunset Boulevard, (I don't think I've ever been down Sunset, actually. Heh heh.) we went past the Beverly Hills Hotel. I took a picture of the exit. I also took a picture of the hotel itself, but the picture is really, really bad. There's this huge bush in the way, unfortunately.

I love how it looks all movie-star oriented down there. And it is. Being down there reminds me of the '30s or something like that. I always think of the classic movies when I'm down there. I'd hate to live in the big city, though. Especially L.A. Nice places to visit, NOT a good place to live.

Again, I am SOOOOOO lucky.
    Last edited by Lily Adams; 07-25-2007 at 02:42 AM.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Blog Entries
    nice pics everyone!
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Oh, yeah, very famous up at Assateague and Chincoteague on the Eastern Shore near Maryland. But they are also on Pine Mountain here in SW VA, and like at Chincoteague, are rounded up and so many sold once a year so as to keep the population in line with the reasourses that they depend upon. I hiked the AT through there once in the fog, and one of the stallions made sure I stayed on the path. He followed me and reared up and whinnied every time I stepped off on "his turf." Hee. I'll swear this is a true story!

Pen

Sweet! Thats a great reflection on the intelligence of the horse, loved it, Pen.

As for the pictures, everyone, LOVED them all... you are all so talented at this art of photography. The close ups are brilliant, thanks again!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Here are a few pictures i took with the camera on my phone that i want to share with you all.
    This is a pic i took a few weeks ago of Dublin bay from Howth Head.

And these i took this evening on Bettystown beach in county Meath.
    This is a pic i took looking up the beach before we started walking. You can se the cooley Mountains in the backround.

This was when my friend and i got to the top of the beach. The sun was starting to set when i took it.

And these i took as the sun was setting when we were walking back to the car.

Last edited by Niamh; 08-07-2007 at 05:48 PM.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    Everyone has such gorgeous pictures. Thank you.

Moira - You don't say which is Hong Kong and which is Shanghai.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I love the pictures everyone. I'm looking for some of mine from my home here that I can load to the site, and I hope to share them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Everyone has such gorgeous pictures. Thank you.

Moira - You don't say which is Hong Kong and which is Shanghai.
    I'm sorry.

Hong Kong - 2 pictures - the bay panorama
    Shanghai - the tower and the Budhist temple.

Some more pics - Shanghai

The Bund

and during the day ......

Yu Yuan Gardens

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries

some pictures from RL

I actually have pics of this family 2 and a half months older as well but I havent got them on my computer yet.

first time I saw them

Oi come back here!

I think thats everyone let me check 1, 2....

Mum and kids retreat to safety

Dad comes to see if Im dangerous...and if I have food

A moment of quiet

Time to move on

Somewhere I have a pic of them all coming up to me and lifting their legs for there tags to be inspected ( well the babies were copying the parents they didnt have any yet.
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    Nightshade, those are TOOOOOO sweet! Thank you so much for posting those endearing pictures, the quality of the shots are superb, too!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd share a few photos, too. I was up North last week (I actually go there a lot, but anyhow)... we got pelted by rain, which was annoying. BUT: the rain showers surprisingly were short and sweet and left us with an awesome rainbow, my regular camera caught it quite nice (think, if I only had a digital, sigh):

and this one:

And I called this one the beach at dusk, but it was just passed suppertime, so yeah, anyhow:

~Albert Einstein