Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 201 of 349 FirstFirst ... 101151191196197198199200201202203204205206211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 5223

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

Some pictures taken in the garden to show that spring is here, although they might have been better if my camera hadn't been damaged.

And finally an earlier one of my cat in studious pose.

Last edited by Emil Miller; 05-13-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Excellent. I think spring is here too because it has not rained for two whole days!! I have been fishing and have gone a bit pink and everything. I like the tulips (my favourite flower). I had tulips last year but have not got any this year, apart from bought stems... Your cat looks in a mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    Excellent. I think spring is here too because it has not rained for two whole days!! I have been fishing and have gone a bit pink and everything. I like the tulips (my favourite flower). I had tulips last year but have not got any this year, apart from bought stems... Your cat looks in a mood.
    I had an ambivalent feeling towards the rain because of the drought affecting the country, but after the downpour that suddenly materialised and went on for about three weeks, I was also glad of a few days sunshine.
    Taking breakfast in a sunny garden is one of life's delights and I'm hoping to do more of it when the weather settles down.

The cat looks more alert than usual, this is is how she normally looks.

Last edited by Emil Miller; 05-14-2012 at 06:44 AM.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    I had an ambivalent feeling towards the rain because of the drought affecting the country, but after the downpour that suddenly materialised and went on for about three weeks, I was also glad of a few days sunshine.
    Taking breakfast in a sunny garden is one of life's delights and I'm hoping to do more of it when the weather settles down.

Oh the rain has done nothing but wreck my plans and put me in bad moods. I thought we might be over it but today's heavy hailstones and snow in places didn't go down well for the middle of May. This is especially so considering Mrs N has informed me that we should expect such downpours until the middle of June, when 'some bloke' on daytime TV (according to her) promises a 'sizzling summer.' What I think of this prediction is unwritable but we can hope - really I just want it dryish so as not to spoil outdoor plans where constant rain can put a downer on things.

Yes I imagine that it is one of life's delights. At the moment I don't have breakfast or have the pleasure to sit in the garden AM during the week, but I intend to do both at the weekend (weather permitting of course!) and during my week off shortly. I also expect to make it a regular occurrence as soon as is humanly possible for me. For fun I threatened Mrs Neely with the prospect of selling the house and living in a caravan for good; anything which means not having to work and therefore living in relative peace and quiet! I was only half serious but I think I would take it if given the option all the same.

Yes in my experience cats usually look like that. They have it about right I think, best way to go about life; a little snooze here and there followed by lunch etc - can't be bad. If only humans could live like cats!

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Some pictures taken in the garden to show that spring is here, although they might have been better if my camera hadn't been damaged.

And finally an earlier one of my cat in studious pose.

Nice to see you back on the photos thread Emil. Your flowers and Mily look wonderful. We have numerous Iris's and Tiger Lily's that are lush and healthy, but no blooms this year. I was trying to recall when they typically bloom, but I would have bet by mid May.

Neely, I agree, cats have it on easy street and to top it off they expect us to clean out their chamber pot.

"Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    Oh the rain has done nothing but wreck my plans and put me in bad moods. I thought we might be over it but today's heavy hailstones and snow in places didn't go down well for the middle of May. This is especially so considering Mrs N has informed me that we should expect such downpours until the middle of June, when 'some bloke' on daytime TV (according to her) promises a 'sizzling summer.' What I think of this prediction is unwritable but we can hope - really I just want it dryish so as not to spoil outdoor plans where constant rain can put a downer on things.

Yes I imagine that it is one of life's delights. At the moment I don't have breakfast or have the pleasure to sit in the garden AM during the week, but I intend to do both at the weekend (weather permitting of course!) and during my week off shortly. I also expect to make it a regular occurrence as soon as is humanly possible for me. For fun I threatened Mrs Neely with the prospect of selling the house and living in a caravan for good; anything which means not having to work and therefore living in relative peace and quiet! I was only half serious but I think I would take it if given the option all the same.

Yes in my experience cats usually look like that. They have it about right I think, best way to go about life; a little snooze here and there followed by lunch etc - can't be bad. If only humans could live like cats!
    Yesterday wasn't bad down here, I have found a pub that miraculously hasn't had all the bars knocked into one noisy mass but it's largely on account of the shape of the building so that, although I can hear the distant caterwauling of pop music from the big bar, it's too faint to be an insult to the intelligence. I have to make a train journey of about 30 minutes to get there but I will go a long way in search of civilisation. There is also a Witherspoons within a ten minute walk from there that is a very nice pub with a spacious bar that is only marginally marred by beer bellies and baseball caps and I usually end up there as its near the station and ideal for a large brandy and coke before wending my way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilliatt Gurgle View Post
    Nice to see you back on the photos thread Emil. Your flowers and Mily look wonderful. We have numerous Iris's and Tiger Lily's that are lush and healthy, but no blooms this year. I was trying to recall when they typically bloom, but I would have bet by mid May.

Neely, I agree, cats have it on easy street and to top it off they expect us to clean out their chamber pot.

Well I haven't been taking many pictures recently Gilliatt as my camera was damaged when it hit the floor of my kitchen as I was leaving for a walk in the country and was dropped as I was in a hurry to leave. It still works but doesn't focus very well and I have to manually tune the focusing because the barrel lens won't turn beyond 24. I am thinking of getting a compact which is easier to handle and less likely to get damaged. The one I fancy is discounted to £255. It is a Panasonic Lumix DML-LX5. It has a Leica lens so it should be pretty good.
    It has had sterling reviews and while it is another all singing and dancing item in excess of what I require, it still resembles a camera in the old sense of the word.

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Lightbulb

It also looks like she is well prepared for a Cat scan.

Some pictures from todays Roll Out (Airshow) at Hässlö Airport, Sweden:

P51D Mustang, old Crow

A checklist I intend to apply in my car...

Four veteran SAAB Safir trainers

Prancing parachutists.

Wingwalking

The only remaining airworthy SAAB 37 Viggen

Pitts Python

Three old DH Vampire jet fighters

Follow me... Slowly.
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

The Mustang and Viggen look great Claes. You might be interested in the WW II aircraft discussion the Cold Ale Blokes stumbled into a few days ago. Flip back a few pages.
    Thanks for sharing.

Emil,
    Nearly missed your last posting. I meant to ask how you damaged your camera, but now I read.
    The Lumix looks fine and with a Leica lens you need not worry about the quality.
    I look forward to seeing the results if you do go through with the purchase.
    Last edited by Gilliatt Gurgle; 05-21-2012 at 11:08 PM.

The Iris and Tiger Lily's did not bloom this year, but my Silverado Sage pulled through.
    The fragrance rivals the color...

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Lightbulb

Brilliant, Gilliat.

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by Gilliatt Gurgle View Post

Great pictures Gilliatt! I loved the close shots specially this one with cute little moth (I think it's a moth).

Thanks Claes and Snowqueen, I'm proud of my three Sages. They began as small plants about half a meter high and now they have grown to roughly two meters high.

The moth is a male "Fiery Skipper (Hylephila phyleus)"

(If only I could exceed the file limit for attachments!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Quote Originally Posted by Pensive View Post
    (If only I could exceed the file limit for attachments!)

Wow it must be delicious! Can you tell us more about these dishes? One of them looks a bit like kitchery to me.

I took some pictures when I visited Lahore Museum.

Portrait of Mughal Emperor Shah Jehan.

Portrait of Mughal Empress Mumtaz Mahal.

Indus Valley Seals taken from Harappa (it’s an archaeological site in Punjab).

Terra cotta heads.

Last edited by Snowqueen; 07-10-2012 at 11:10 AM.