Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 45 of 312 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

Blog Entries
    The sky over Vienna, a few minutes ago. I thought it looked great.

It's a little blurry since I couldn't use photoflash. (But I did in another picture and that looks like this - scary )
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.- Robert McCloskey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grace86 View Post
    Hey Virgil!! Glad to see you were in California! You took some great pictures. My dad was looking at them and said you were probably up in Santa Monica or Redondo beach. But if you are taking the PCH then it is quite easy to just drive on up and down the coast! I did that last summer. I can't wait to spend my time there this summer! Hope you enjoyed your stay...when were you out here?
    Petrarch tells me that I was at Newport Beach (she recognizes the pier), and yes I was staying in Santa Monica. I was there in March. Thanks all on the compliments.

Great pictures Moria, Themis, and Bunny. I enjoyed them all.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

U2aholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    Really wonderful pics everyone!
    Steveh i remember when that happened. Cant believe that was 2005 though!
    Monica thats a really nice picture of south dublin Bay.

Thanks We were really lucky with the weather when we finally managed to get off Dublin and visit some nearby places like Bray, Greystones or Portmarnock. Great places. All of them.
    In dreams begin responsibilities.

Hemel Hempstead - if you wanted to give the world an enema, it's where you'd stick the tube.

Not by me, but of me: on Brighton seafront at the end of the London-Brighton Bike Ride, 2005: 54 miles on my 54th birthday.
    http://www.online-literature.com/forums/image.php?u=33938&type=sigpic&dateline=1179914165

Blog Entries
    Great pics, everyone.

Steve, congrats on a bike ride well done. I love my bike too, and maybe someday I will do a long run like that! Nice picture.

Here is an entry point for a field near my place, we see a lot of deer here, and it is quite picturesque:

Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the silent x View Post
    i thought it was funny how you got a Do Not Enter sign behind your deck, but yeah, what did you use to get the paint off, i've pwerwashed my deck a number of times to peel the dirt and stain off so my dad can stain it again, when he gets around to it, after he gets the bunkbed for my great-grand-children to sleep in, (meaning he won't do it, and most likely neither will i)
    Using a powerwasher alone will get rid of the dirt, but it isnt going to do a thing about the stain. Because of the very nature of stain when applied properly it soaks into the wood and is a real pain to get off, I was lucky that what I was removing was just a paint finish (even that took long enough). I used a product called stripex on the base of the deck. It is an envirofreindly alkali based liquid which you paint onto the surface you want to remove, leave it on (instructions say 1/2hr but I found it was better to leave it for a good 2hrs to work properly), then wash it off - again instructions said low pressure, but more effective with high power nozzle on power washer.

This worked for the deck surface itself, but it drips down the struts and railing so you dont get the required contact time. For the struts I had to use my hand sander & some 60 grade paper. Just be prepared for it to take a long time and lots of paper. Because you used just stain, the stripex may not be as effective so you may have to sand the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Anarchy View Post
    Great deck! I wish we had room for something as great and welcoming as that!!!
    It is a very basic deck design, & really if you are not in an apartment building you can have a deck just need to be creative with placement
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    Nice work Kilt. Yes I think a cedar stain would look nicer.
    Yeah, I think so. I just finished putting the lost coat of the stain on 15mins ago. Some of the red just wouldnt come off so the whole thing now has a kind of rustic look to it:

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Kilted, I love that darling gray kitten. How old is she/he? It looks to be really young... and so sweet. Love kittens! You deck you built is so nice. I wish my son would build me a nice deck like that and plant those lovely bushes for privacy. I would sit there and read all day long. Good choice - the stain instead of the paint. Must have been a lot of work stripping it off. Wow, good for you - you are a fine builder. I hope you mother enjoys it and appreciates her thoughtful son.
    The kitten is now 2months old, her latest trick is trying to climb the curtains. Building a deck is not really difficult, I learned how to do it one summer building boardwalks through marshes for nature trails. The basic philosophy is the same.
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws View Post
    Great pics, everyone.
    Here is an entry point for a field near my place, we see a lot of deer here, and it is quite picturesque:

Love this picture, kiz_paws. It looks like something I might see around here.

Here's one from a road near my place.

Clicable thumb
    "There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book.
    Books are well written or badly written. That is all."
    --Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries
    Wow, Bunny, if that doesn't make one want to paint, nuthin' will! Beautiful!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    My wife and I had a vacation to Arches National Park in southern Utah a couple of years ago. Here are some photos.

This is a famous arch that you may have seen in pictures. The park is called Arches because there are many natural arches formed.

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Blog Entries
    Other sections of the park had some weird rock formations. I think this was called the three gossips.

And this looks like something out of a sci-fi movie:

And we did a good bit of hiking, and here is from one our hikes:

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Blog Entries
    We took a rafting ride down the part of the Colorado River in that area. Here are a couple of pictures from our raft ride.

We stayed at a hotel outside the park. The dining room had a great view. The hotel was used for many famous western movies. There was a lot of filming in the past here. Unfortunately I can't remember which movies. This is outside the restaurant and it rained one day and we had a marvelous rainbow and even a double rainbow, which I had never seen before.

A sunset view:
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

Blog Entries
    And finally, the hotel had views of these marvelous plateaus (they called them buttes) in the distance that the afternoon sun would hit. I would sit outside with a glass of wine and watch the sun hit them and take an occaisional photo.

LET THERE BE LIGHT

I didn't know there's this kinda things in Utah. Is there a lot of Morons in Utah too?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I didn't know there's this kinda things in Utah. Is there a lot of Morons in Utah too?
    Utah is a very very strange state. It has lots of strange natural sights. It's almost a world from science fiction.

You mean Mormons, not morons. Yes there are lots of Mormons in Utah.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT