Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 262 of 349 FirstFirst ... 162212252257258259260261262263264265266267272312 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 5223

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Interesting images, Pensive, specially that impressive tree against the stormy background.
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 05-13-2016 at 11:35 AM.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensive View Post
    Love this, love how its framed

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful image, house is nicely proportioned, framed

Great photos, guys. I would like to follow you on Flickr.

Here are some recent pictures.

My nieces wanted to see Lahore Museum. Fasting Buddha attracted my people.

Shalimar Garden

Trimo Head Bridge (Atharan Hazari)

Spotted this kite in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen View Post
    Great photos, guys. I would like to follow you on Flickr.

Shalimar Garden

I love formal gardens!
    The best outing is to spend a day visiting museums and art galleries, than have a picnic lunch in a formal garden.
    There's some beautiful formal gardens and nature walks in Charleston, South Carolina. Love taking friends and family who visit from California to Magnolia Plantation & Gardens... a nature walk that includes alligators! http://www.magnoliaplantation.com/gardens.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen;131813

Spotted this kite in the trees.
    [URL=http://s682.photobucket.com/user/SheherBano5/media/Birds/kite.jpg.html
    [/URL]
    I particularly liked this dignified bird.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    The fasting Buddha statue was unusual. I remember seeing overweight Buddhas but not something like rhis. I think those were Buddha statues. They may have been someone else.

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    This is very nice, North Star, all the textures of the water and the broken remnants of what looks like a pier...

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Sparrow View Post
    I love formal gardens!
    The best outing is to spend a day visiting museums and art galleries, than have a picnic lunch in a formal garden.
    There's some beautiful formal gardens and nature walks in Charleston, South Carolina. Love taking friends and family who visit from California to Magnolia Plantation & Gardens... a nature walk that includes alligators! http://www.magnoliaplantation.com/gardens.html
    Yes, it is always fun to spend time in the gardens.
    Shalimar Garden was built during the reign of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and this makes it very special for the tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by Danik 2016 View Post
    I particularly liked this dignified bird.
    Thanks for stopping by and noticing, Danik. I like taking photos of raptors.

Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    The fasting Buddha statue was unusual. I remember seeing overweight Buddhas but not something like rhis. I think those were Buddha statues. They may have been someone else.

It is the most famous statue form Gandhara and it's centuries old. You can find more on Gandhara art from this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhara

That fasting Buddha statue moved me deeply, as someone for whom the Buddha's insights have been revelatory and transformative. It was featured in the recent and excellent film about the Buddha's life that was narrated by Richard Gere. For anyone who hasn't seen it, I highly recommend it, it's up on iTunes. Anyway, it depicts the last moment (almost literally) in the Buddha's long series of struggles to gain enlightenment that involved many harsh, self-imposed trials and restrictions. He was very close to death, when he had his profound moment of insight, having not allowed himself food for a long time. Lovely photos, Snowqueen.
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    The fasting Buddha statue is unusually dramatic. I can believe it was taken close to death. The photo of the Kite was also beautiful, clear and sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen View Post
    Yes, it is always fun to spend time in the gardens.
    Shalimar Garden was built during the reign of Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and this makes it very special for the tourists.
    I don't know much about the history of India before the British Raj, it's one of those historical blindspots I've been meaning to correct.

That fasting Buddha statue moved me deeply, as someone for whom the Buddha's insights have been revelatory and transformative. It was featured in the recent and excellent film about the Buddha's life that was narrated by Richard Gere. For anyone who hasn't seen it, I highly recommend it, it's up on iTunes. Anyway, it depicts the last moment (almost literally) in the Buddha's long series of struggles to gain enlightenment that involved many harsh, self-imposed trials and restrictions. He was very close to death, when he had his profound moment of insight, having not allowed himself food for a long time. Lovely photos, Snowqueen.
    The fasting Buddha statue is unusually dramatic. I can believe it was taken close to death. The photo of the Kite was also beautiful, clear and sharp.

Tyrion Cheddar, Dreamwoven, glad you liked the photos. Thank you for stopping by.
    There was some detail about this Fasting Buddha in the museum. I think you guys would find it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Sparrow View Post
    I don't know much about the history of India before the British Raj, it's one of those historical blindspots I've been meaning to correct.

I don’t know much about sub-continent history myself, but visiting historical places like these was quite enlightening experience for me.
    Thanks for looking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post
    I also enjoyed these natural statues and the different textures and shades of the water around them.