Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: River...starring Stellan Skarsgard...

River...starring Stellan Skarsgard...

Just finished watching this six-part series on Netflix and boy is it good. Get thee to your nearest Netflix-enabled device and watch for top notch acting and writing.
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

Internal nebulae TheFifthElement's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I watched River when it was broadcast on BBC. It is, indeed, an excellent series. Stellan Skarsgaard is magnetic in it, really carrying the series. Nicola Walker is as good as she always is. The music was great too, I loved how each episode pivoted around a particular tune, and that last scene where they're dancing on the street brought a tear to my eye. A sweet little frisson for me, too, seeing Michael Maloney and Owen Teale in the same production, carrying me back to my youth when I saw them both on the stage in a Royal Shakespeare Company production of Henry IV pt. 1. An unforgettable experience.

Programmes like River show what the BBC are great at. Not just wildlife productions. If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend The Honorable Woman, Happy Valley and Last Tango in Halifax. Compelling TV.
    Want to know what I think about books? Check out https://biisbooks.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheFifthElement View Post
    I watched River when it was broadcast on BBC. It is, indeed, an excellent series. Stellan Skarsgaard is magnetic in it, really carrying the series...Programmes like River show what the BBC are great at. Not just wildlife productions. If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend The Honorable Woman, Happy Valley and Last Tango in Halifax. Compelling TV.
    Stellan Skarsgaard is simply one of the best out there, and his sons, particularly Alexander, of course, are making a name for themselves as well. Younger sib Bill was great in Hemlock Grove. I did see Happy Valley and was duly impressed, and am hoping they make another season of it. I've seen the others you mention listed and will look into them, thanks.
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.