Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the Country of Booze and Polar Bears...

From the Country of Booze and Polar Bears...

Hi, y'all. I'm a 19 years old student from Finland. My field is international business but I haven't chosen my major yet. I don't know very much about computers although my appearance and way of living are somewhat nerdy. My greatest vices are alcohol and the internet.

Perhaps I should tell something about my relationship with books. I like reading and I try to make it so that I'm always working on one book at a time. I have a very nasty habit of quitting reading some books before finishing them. Sometimes it's because I have to return the book to the library, sometimes I just lose interest. I hate to admit it but the latter happened to me with The Three Musketeers. I usually read more on holidays when I don't have to study.

I found this site after I had finished Animal Farm and googled it to see what other people think about it. Among the top results, there was a short quiz about the book which happened to be hosted on this site. I'm also a chess player (beginner but eager to learn) and a video gamer (Metal Gear Solid is my all-time favourite).

If you want to see my picture (yeah, right), there are some hosted here. Click the large picture to get to see more pics.

...teen in the shadows... infernal_dream's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouzou View Post
    Hi, y'all. I'm a 19 years old student from Finland. My field is international business but I haven't chosen my major yet. I don't know very much about computers although my appearance and way of living are somewhat nerdy. My greatest vices are alcohol and the internet.

Perhaps I should tell something about my relationship with books. I like reading and I try to make it so that I'm always working on one book at a time. I have a very nasty habit of quitting reading some books before finishing them. Sometimes it's because I have to return the book to the library, sometimes I just lose interest. I hate to admit it but the latter happened to me with The Three Musketeers. I usually read more on holidays when I don't have to study.

I found this site after I had finished Animal Farm and googled it to see what other people think about it. Among the top results, there was a short quiz about the book which happened to be hosted on this site. I'm also a chess player (beginner but eager to learn) and a video gamer (Metal Gear Solid is my all-time favourite).

If you want to see my picture (yeah, right), there are some hosted here. Click the large picture to get to see more pics.
    well. hello..im from the state of cowboys and...cows.
    im 15 and i got in here because i love the book The Masque Of red Death by Poe..and i want to post as much as i can. animal farm was a weird movie...
    but i liked it..

hi jouzou, welcome! i have the same problem with not finishing books, so i laughed when i read your post.

my little brother used to play metal gear solid for hours on end, and i used to love watching the game being played. it gets so suspenseful and tense, doesn't it?

i hope you like it here, have fun!

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome to both Jouzou and infernal_dream.

Beginner at chess, eh? I am as well and have been for the last 3 years! I like it, but have a hard time planning out my strategy. Hope you both enjoy it here.
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Quote Originally Posted by kathycf View Post
    Hi and welcome to both Jouzou and infernal_dream.

Beginner at chess, eh? I am as well and have been for the last 3 years! I like it, but have a hard time planning out my strategy. Hope you both enjoy it here.
    Would you like to have a spar some day?

Blog Entries
    Ah, I thought we had another Canadian on our hands. I suppose there is more than one country overun by booze and populated by polar bears! Very nice to see you here, it is a great place, and I'm sure you will find many here to discuss with.

P.S. Metal Gear Solid is my favorite videogame for sure, well the whole series, 3 is probably the favorite though.
    "Americans should know the universe itself as a road, as many roads, as roads for traveling souls."
    -Walt Whitman
    They have their worries, they’re counting the miles, they’re thinking about where to sleep tonight, how much money for gas, the weather, how they’ll get there—and all the time they’ll get there anyway, you see.
    -Jack Kerouac

If grace is an ocean... grace86's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Forum both of you.

Well...I have never played chess or checkers or anything of that sort, I am more lost than a beginner!

Have fun, there are plenty of people to meet and books to discuss.
    "So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way....He loves us..."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5xXowT4eJjY

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouzou View Post
    Would you like to have a spar some day?

Sure....Guess I will really have to start practicing more.
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

...teen in the shadows... infernal_dream's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TEND View Post
    Ah, I thought we had another Canadian on our hands. I suppose there is more than one country overun by booze and populated by polar bears! Very nice to see you here, it is a great place, and I'm sure you will find many here to discuss with.

P.S. Metal Gear Solid is my favorite videogame for sure, well the whole series, 3 is probably the favorite though.
    well i cant wait for number 4 to come out...the game looks so awesome..
    snake is old but raiden looks so cool..

welcome,Jouz, you seem a very intelligent person,have a good time here

hey, u sure u're 19coz that guy in the avy seems just10 tears old kiddin ya!

Nah, it was a typo. In reality, I'm 119 years.

Blog Entries
    Welcome Jouzou. I didn't realize Finland had polar bears. Yes, like Tend, I thought you were going to be from Canada. And that avy does look old. But I believe you're 19.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Go Haka Valkeakoski! Welcome!
    At thunder and tempest, At the world's coldheartedness,
    During times of heavy loss And when you're sad
    The greatest art on earth Is to seem uncomplicatedly gay.

To get things clear, they have to firstly be very unclear. But if you get them too quickly, you probably got them wrong.
    If you need me urgent, send me a PM

In Finland, you can legally drink alcohol at nineteen?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast