Thread: Favourite Boy?

Blog Entries

Favourite Boy?

Just out of curiosity, who was everyone's favourite of 'Jo's Boys'? Personally I loved Dan - just the whole 'kind-at-heart-bad-boy' thing. It definately upset me how things ended for him, even if it was sort of fitting.

I also liked Dan, he was a central figure in the novel.
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!

Smile Jo's boys

I took a liking to Nat, personally. I thought that him and Daisy went very well together and found the ending wonderful, i nearly had tears in my eyes because i was so upset that it was over.

Like cleverchik, i loved nat. i've always had a thing for the shy, quiet ones, and i thought nat was real cute. i still haven't read Jo's boys, only little men, but I had already assumed Nat would end up with daisy anyway,, so you didn't really spoil anything for me, cleverchik.. lol xD
    i liked dan untill he became the favourite of everyone U.U It seemed a bit contrived,, but perhaps it's just me ^^

Give me Emil, every time. Yes, Dan's dark and brooding and mysterious, and Nat pulls himself out of a bad situation (but after breaking a heart - bad boy). But Emil works hard, and faces a dire situation with fortitude and stubborness.

I'd also like to hear more of the girls who are learning at the University, especially if they're in very non-traditional subjects such as Mathematics and Engineering.

Bugger that they killed off Dick, poor lad, just because he was crippled. Considering how many soldiers came out of the war with wounds and disabilities, I don't think it was fair to do that to the poor thing.

Only just read "Jo's Boys"...can't believe I've never read it before! I have a soft spot for Dan. He deserves a book of his own, that boy. His story touches my heart, especially his ending. (It reminds me in some ways of Brad Pitt's character in "Legends of the Fall".) I would love to have read about his life and his adventures after Plumfield, as a wiser and sadder man.