Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 257 of 266 FirstFirst ... 157207247252253254255256257258259260261262 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 3988

Thread: Anyone for Coffee? (no boys allowed)

SNORT!
    El Sancho jerks awake.

Please don’t tell me I slept through a discussion about Monty Python or gardening sheds or something.

Also, you know, that ball there ain’t gonna throw itself.

Last edited by Sancho; 03-27-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Uhhhh...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    I'd love a shed in my garden, wanted one for years!
    This one looks flimsy but is made of railway sleepers embedded deep into the soil. Nothing short of a direct hit by something big would topple it.

This year I'm going to paint it - I got the paint last year but didn't get round to it - yellow. I might even put some flowers on it - big five petalled blooms with a nice orange centre - like the little kiddies at school paint.

I think it'll look good.

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I may not enjoy talking about make-up and clothes but the blokes thread does not appeal to me after reading this list....

maybe we need a sci-fi or superhero thread, I'd be all over that.
    I don't know...the testical tape for measuring sheep sounds kind of interesting.

And really, it's past time for a sci-fi or superhero thread, don't you think?

Paul-that shed is a work of art just as it is! A large, primary-colored flower would simply detract from the stunning simplicity of its lines and the rugged wood its made of.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    SNORT!
    El Sancho jerks awake.

Please don’t tell me I slept through a discussion about Monty Python or gardening sheds or something.

Also, you know, that ball there ain’t gonna throw itself.

I'm afraid you did miss some go-o-o-d conversation , Sancho, lol. Now, fetch!
    Last edited by qimissung; 03-28-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Blog Entries
    Do it helga! Start the thread on super heroes and such! :d
    "All gods are homemade, and it is we who pull their strings, and so, give them the power to pull ours." -Aldous Huxley

"Sooner murder an infant in its cradle than nurse unacted desires." -William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by PoeticPassions View Post
    Do it helga! Start the thread on super heroes and such! :d
    I second it!!
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

While we're waiting for that thread.....Anyone else think Captain Marvel's cape looks like a curtain?

I like poetry,long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

Blog Entries
    can't say I like that superhero.... my current favorite is Diabolik
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSwPdJUAgc

I think the girls thread is the perfect place to talk about superheroes!!

on my amazon wish list is a coffee cup that says:

http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Marvel...id=LJFUJNSNUTU

and

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Buffalo...id=LJFUJNSNUTU
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Blog Entries
    As Kiki has just found out, we're discussing what's in "the drawer" in our respective houses in The Bloke's Thread.

We have been expounding certain physics theories as to how "the drawer" works - you know, the phenomena whereby nothing you want can be found, but everything you will want next week is- by which time it'll have disappeared again.

We also seem pretty unanimous that it's some kind of inter-dimensional portal/ wormhole through which objects disappear until they are sought by females - much to the chagrin of males who want to access the contents. It is a source of constant frustration and humiliation, but what can you do against the primary laws of the universe?

Perhaps there's a superhero who's conquered drawer physics?

Drawer Man!!

No, it doesn't sound right. They all wear their drawers outside their trousers, so perhaps that would just be confusing...
    Last edited by Paulclem; 04-04-2012 at 05:33 PM.

can't say I like that superhero.... my current favorite is Diabolik
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSwPdJUAgc

I think the girls thread is the perfect place to talk about superheroes!!

on my amazon wish list is a coffee cup that says:

http://www.amazon.com/Buffalo-Marvel...id=LJFUJNSNUTU

and

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Buffalo...id=LJFUJNSNUTU

Now those are cute!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulclem View Post
    As Kiki has just found out, we're discussing what's in "the drawer" in our respective houses in The Bloke's Thread.

We have been expounding certain physics theories as to how "the drawer" works - you know, the phenomena whereby nothing you want can be found, but everything you will want next week is- by which time it'll have disappeared again.

We also seem pretty unanimous that it's some kind of inter-dimensional portal/ wormhole through which objects disappear until they are sought by females - much to the chagrin of males who want to access the contents. It is a source of constant frustration and humiliation, but what can you do against the primary laws of the universe?

Drawer Man!!

No, it doesn't sound right. They all wear their drawers outside their trousers, so perhaps that would just be confusing...

How about "The Finder" ????? He finds things at a single glance, able to grab things out of packed drawers without looking.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

ha, yes!

"The mystery of the Bermuda Triangle was solved today as it has been recently discovered that Margaret Meldrew put away all the planes 'to know where they are'." (Victor Meldrew)

Eve Voltaire hated women because 'they aways know where things are.'

I always say to Mr Kiki (I ike that ) that I put those things away, because at least then one of us knows where things are - if I can remember, which sometimes does not occur and in which case the law of the universe that I am also human and may forget things is proven once again. This doesn't change the fact that Mr Kiki always asks for stuff he has put away...

I call it saving time and damage limitation. You call it humiliation and embarrassment.

No, to be fair, everything is not too much organised in this house and there is enough to search for which I have put away.

As my father says, 'I have not lost it, I just don't know where it is.' (whatever that means)
    One has to laugh before being happy, because otherwise one risks to die before having laughed.

"Je crains [...] que l'âme ne se vide à ces passe-temps vains, et que le fin du fin ne soit la fin des fins." (Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac, Acte III, Scène VII)

Blog Entries
    Of course women have mobile man-drawers known as handbags. They hold twice as much and are three times more mysterious.

If I'm looking for something and Mrs P utters the phrase "It's in my handbag." I know I might as well give up the search.
    ay up

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iamnobody View Post
    While we're waiting for that thread.....Anyone else think Captain Marvel's cape looks like a curtain?
    [/IMG]

Yes! and pretty gaudy/tacky one at that....

I wonder who came up with the idea that superheroes wear capes in the first place anyway... I know I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulclem View Post

Drawer Man!!

The drawer may follow a similar principle as the dryer where one sock out of a pair always seems to get lost... I'll go for the wormhole idea.

As for the name of the superhero.. may I suggest 'Storager Forager'!? Ok, pretty stupid, I know. But I'm not feeling creative today.

Quote Originally Posted by kiki1982 View Post
    ha, yes!

"The mystery of the Bermuda Triangle was solved today as it has been recently discovered that Margaret Meldrew put away all the planes 'to know where they are'." (Victor Meldrew)

Eve Voltaire hated women because 'they aways know where things are.'

I will say that I always seem to know where other people's things are, but never my own... I wonder if it is a psychological thing, or whether it may mean that I just pay less attention to my own things... I lose everything. Wallets, phones, keys, jackets, jewelry... The worst part is that most of them have never been recovered. bah
    "All gods are homemade, and it is we who pull their strings, and so, give them the power to pull ours." -Aldous Huxley

"Sooner murder an infant in its cradle than nurse unacted desires." -William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by prendrelemick View Post
    Of course women have mobile man-drawers known as handbags. They hold twice as much and are three times more mysterious.

If I'm looking for something and Mrs P utters the phrase "It's in my handbag." I know I might as well give up the search.

My grandmother was like that. If she couldn't find something when she was out (which regularly happened) she used to say, 'Oh it must be in my other handbag.' As a little girl I used to be confused about that because my mother only had one handbag. My grandma died when I was eleven, but now, at the age of 29, I have several handbags of different sizes which change according to the clothes I wear and it sometimes happens that I can't find something... However that is only very rarely.

I am not one of those women who carry around twenty lipsticks, twelve powder boxes, 3 magazines and a whole lot of other junk in their bags. Although mine are big, they only have my seven necessities in it:

1 lip balm lipstick
    my glasses case (if I do not forget)
    my book
    my keys
    1 bottle of water
    my mobile
    my purse

And that is all.

Have we girls already talked about what is in our handbags, actually or not?

That about the dryer... It doesn't happen to me anymore... I think the disappearing socks ceased to be when I started clearing up the bedroom and consistently throwing them all in the washing basket.
    One has to laugh before being happy, because otherwise one risks to die before having laughed.

"Je crains [...] que l'âme ne se vide à ces passe-temps vains, et que le fin du fin ne soit la fin des fins." (Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac, Acte III, Scène VII)

Blog Entries
    The Finder - with one big round magnifying eye, and a handful of long thin fingers to reach into the other dimension behind the drawer.

Not even he would venture into a lady's handbag.