Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 209 of 266 FirstFirst ... 109159199204205206207208209210211212213214219259 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3988

Thread: Anyone for Coffee? (no boys allowed)

No, but the top part of my bikini popped as I danced into the sea on the Costa da something in Spain many years ago. (Many years ago, before the days of topless beaches.) And yes, there was someone in the group who had a camera to hand.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    I guess this is the place to post this... it's the first day of my period and I think I'm going to die.
    I hate that feeling
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Niamh, Juniper - and Jozanny, if she pops in here to catch up with things - I don't know how you feel about homeopathy: I was mighty sceptical but I found a x6c preparation of Sepia helped me tremendously at such times. It helped with PMT and later with the miseries of the menopause (one of those things your mother didn't tell you). I don't know why it works, it (together with all homeopathic remedies) shouldn't work, but it does. The x30c preparation works even better but you really need that only on very rare occasions, it's mighty strong. It won't clash with any other 'proper' medication and shouldn't have any adverse side effects: it's worth trying, I can vouch for it.

I guess this is the place to post this... it's the first day of my period and I think I'm going to die.
    It's awful, but at least it only lasts for a while. But yeah, it's a horrible feeling, especially if you can't take any painkillers for some reason.

Blog Entries
    men have it easy.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    men have it easy.
    Yes, they do

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamariah View Post
    It's awful, but at least it only lasts for a while. But yeah, it's a horrible feeling, especially if you can't take any painkillers for some reason.
    I never take painkillers. I guess I think of the pain as natural, so I don't want to dope it away. I also don't use those gross plastic diaper-like pads or bleached cotton tampons... I'm a cloth person. They work really well, don't hurt the environment, and don't hurt women (toxic shock).

One good thing about my period: it makes me really sleepy. The night that I posted (my first night) I slept for fifteen hours haha. I had some really cool dreams too.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

I've seen those before I wanted to try them in theory but in reality I'll take a tampon any day over pads.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    I think they have organic non-bleached tampons too. The tampons that you get from the store have a lot of bleach in them, and the mucosa in your vagina is really absorptive. The bleach gets into the bloodstream.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    I never take painkillers. I guess I think of the pain as natural, so I don't want to dope it away. I also don't use those gross plastic diaper-like pads or bleached cotton tampons... I'm a cloth person. They work really well, don't hurt the environment, and don't hurt women (toxic shock).
    I wish painkillers worked My cramps last the whole damn period and radiate down to my knees. I don't just get abdominal cramps, my whole body aches. My doc gave me anti-inflammatories for my knees, but they don't make the cramps any better. The cramps get so bad I feel sick to my stomach.

Ah man, you use those reusable ones? I'm thoroughly impressed. I don't have the guts for that.

One good thing about my period: it makes me really sleepy. The night that I posted (my first night) I slept for fifteen hours haha. I had some really cool dreams too.
    Opposite I can't sleep and I lose my appetite.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Classic*Charm* View Post
    Ah man, you use those reusable ones? I'm thoroughly impressed. I don't have the guts for that.
    It's really great. I haven't spent money on menstruation in like, four years. You just wash them like normal, it's really a lot more healthy for women and the environment. Actually, now that I've been using them so long those chemically-processed diapers seem kind of revolting to me. Tampons absolutely disgust me. Inserting a bleached plug into myself has never seemed quite right.

I feel sorry for you man, your periods sound unpleasant. I usually kind of like mine, I get to lay around, be sleepy and eat raspberries and dark chocolate for three days and then afterwards I'm all cleaned-out and healthy again.

I reccomend this book for every woman.
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 04-09-2010 at 01:31 AM.
    -Pi

I reccomend this book for every woman.
    This is a good one, too:

"If it is honorable for you to disturb the dead, I shall consider it an honor and will make it my ambition to disturb your living." - Captain Miles Hazzard

Blog Entries
    Hey, you! No boys allowed!
    -Pi

Juniper, this is my solemn vow to you: I will never, EVER set foot in this thread again. Please, feel free to discuss the vagina's rate of absorption with impunity.

I don't think I could possibly express to you how sorry I am that I ventured into this thread. Seriously.

"If it is honorable for you to disturb the dead, I shall consider it an honor and will make it my ambition to disturb your living." - Captain Miles Hazzard

Blog Entries
    Well Basil, I can clearly detect the note of sincerity in your apology so just this one time I'm willing to wave the usual penalty enforced on any male that trespasses on this thread... but you've been warned, should this ever happen again...

Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 04-10-2010 at 05:49 AM.
    -Pi