Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 207 of 266 FirstFirst ... 107157197202203204205206207208209210211212217257 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3988

Thread: Anyone for Coffee? (no boys allowed)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliatt Gurgle View Post
    Sorry for the interruption goils, but have any of you seen… what the…!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aezgQ...eature=related

Wowsa!, I need to drop by the coffee shop more often!
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    Gah, my ex has lost so much weight since we broke up, I want to go on a diet just to spite him.

Ug, but I love food and hate exercise soooo much.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

Blog Entries
    thats my problem too pip. food is just so good! and exercise involves.. well exercising.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    You should try making your exercising fun. Don't do the boring "fifty lunges, fifty sit ups, fifty pushups" thing, instead go skating, snowboarding, dancing, something like that. I like fighting and tennis. It really beats tv.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    You should try making your exercising fun. Don't do the boring "fifty lunges, fifty sit ups, fifty pushups" thing, instead go skating, snowboarding, dancing, something like that. I like fighting and tennis. It really beats tv.
    Hmm I have to agree, I got a dance excersie dvd and Ive suprised myself by finding myself excersisng at bizzare times like when I am cleaning or just nderiing around the house...
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    thats my problem too pip. food is just so good! and exercise involves.. well exercising.
    I have to agree with you and Pip. Food is just sooooo good, but I'm figuring out the balance. I have my own set of rules that I eat by, and it normally means that I never feel like I've deprived myself of that glass of wine or a good bit of cake. Normally I just eat it if I really want it, and I even let myself have as big of a piece as I would like. Trying to tell myself no means I'll binge when I do finally give in. It's actually really cut down on the amount of overall junk that I eat.

Blog Entries
    Well i had remembered how much fun i had playing boxing on the Wii and how much i ached in my arms, upper and lower back and torso after 20 minutes of it so i bought a boxing bag to punch at (okay its a blow up one but meh! The wii is hitting thin air!) I also ordered a skipping rope because i loved skipping as a kid! I also ordered this thing that you hold and rotate in your hand as its spins which works you arms. Can do that while watching tv!
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    Well i had remembered how much fun i had playing boxing on the Wii and how much i ached in my arms, upper and lower back and torso after 20 minutes of it so i bought a boxing bag to punch at (okay its a blow up one but meh! The wii is hitting thin air!) I also ordered a skipping rope because i loved skipping as a kid! I also ordered this thing that you hold and rotate in your hand as its spins which works you arms. Can do that while watching tv!
    I have the wii fit. I did the yoga while my husband sat behind me and made fun of me as I attempted to keep my balance. I loved in the beginning when I did the set up - it asked me if I fall alot when I walk. The Wii is mean. And good luck with your new fitness contraptions. My fitness contraptions are over in the corner. Unused for the most part. The only I exercise I get from them now is when I move them to run the vacuum. There is a mini-trampoline and big rubber blue ball you're supposed to do sit-ups on or something, an ab roller to assist with those horrid sit-ups again and a medicine ball. I hope you have more motivation than I have.
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Blog Entries
    I too have that blue rubber ball... i use it as a seat at my desk. (no chair but it does seem to help my posture a bit! )
    I want a wii for the wii fit. think it would be fun. and they have this new game where you can learn dances from popular songs etc which i think would be also fun but i cant afford one at the moment. They are still rediculously expensive here. My brother got one in Australia for $200 dollars when i was there. They were still about €300-400 here which is anywhere between $500-800. madness. I'm waiting for the prices to drop below 200 before buying one.
    W.B.Yeats

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Get one in the UK niamh I ve seen them for like 90 quid on occassion!
    Why does excersise have to be painful? my whole body hurts....
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    Fighting?!?

The problem for us oldies is the ankles and shoulder aches, back pain, general knakeredness and responsibilities and work and all the little things to do in a day.

I get around by bike which gives me my only real exercise other than walking the dog. (Good exercise too, but not enough I fear.)

Fighting? I could pop up town and hang around the bars. Someone's bound to have a pop at me with my face...

Livin' in Slow Motion Hurricane's Avatar
    Boxing or martial arts is an awesome workout. I took a boxing class last year and by the end of our little 3 minute fights I was thoroughly exhausted.
    Try rock climbing and bouldering, maybe. It's non-impact, and provides a great full-body workout. A lot of people think it's just the arms, but it also really works your abs and legs too. You can progress from the walls that are basically ladders (i.e., what I'm stuck on) to the crazy ones where you hang upside down on tiny finger holds, so it's a challenge that changes as your abilities increase.
    Plus, it's really fun and you have a great sense of accomplishment once you get to the top.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not.

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Exercise sucks. Well, that's a lie. Exercising in a gym sucks. And since I'm not allowed to run anymore (doc's orders) and I don't ride except during the winter and summer breaks, I've basically lost all muscle tone whatsoever. I count on intense riding in the summer to get me back in shape, but even that tends to put muscle only in certain places, and awkward ones at that haha. I have to say though, horse back riding is good cardio!

Oh god, Wii fit is addicting. There's one game where you are the lead in a marching band and you have to keep time with your feet and with the nunchucks. It's awesome.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Boxing or martial arts is an awesome workout. I took a boxing class last year and by the end of our little 3 minute fights I was thoroughly exhausted.
    Try rock climbing and bouldering, maybe. It's non-impact, and provides a great full-body workout. A lot of people think it's just the arms, but it also really works your abs and legs too. You can progress from the walls that are basically ladders (i.e., what I'm stuck on) to the crazy ones where you hang upside down on tiny finger holds, so it's a challenge that changes as your abilities increase.
    Plus, it's really fun and you have a great sense of accomplishment once you get to the top.
    How much does it cost, though? Rock climbing and bouldering, I mean. And what is bouldering? Frankly it sounds like a lot of fun, but my budget is perpetually tight (i.e. I live from paycheck to paycheck )...
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulclem View Post
    Fighting?!?
    Haha, I got my black belt in taekwondo when I was fourteen, but since my master moved out of town and disbanded the class I've had to make "sparring" friends... people that I know who will fight with me for fun.
    -Pi