Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 11 of 266 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone for Coffee? (no boys allowed)

Blog Entries
    I wonder what are the topics for the boys -- 'heels'
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AimusSage View Post
    I'm not allowed in here.

I love not being allowed somewhere, people should do that more often
    I doubt you would listen. You're not allowed in my castle, that doesnt stop u sneaking in raiding my fridge pretneding to chase away burglars. Oh, right, is that why you have cameras all over my castle? cos ur not allowed in?
    We can never know what to want, because living only one life we can neither compare it with our previous lives, nor perfect it in our lives to come'
    Milan Kundera,The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Parce que c'est toi, parce que c'est moi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miss tenderness View Post
    sipping my coffe! and starting the gossip

does anyone of u girls watch Bollyood movies?

I'm wondering what's the last movie for Sharokhan?
    lol.

there are plenty of websites etc. etc. which are about bollywood and discuss those kind of movies. here we prefer something of more profound and deep and meaningful nature, a bit more than: boy meets girl, girl meets boy, mutual feeling...and oh! behold! calamity....father against it or father has daughters marriage arranged already......in the end good triumphs over evil, goodies live on, baddies die from just one wound or one shot but the hero never dies no matter the number of wounds etc. (i do realise that nowadays their are exceptions. but its still a rule) and everyone lives on happily ever after...even the father who has found a son he never had in the son-in-law. of course the mother always loved him, but being the subordinate and not the 'man in the house' she has to stay silent and watch her childrens lives ruins. now isnt the time or the place to analyse all the meanings behind it but those of you familiar with film studies im sure uv already picked up on the innuedoes behind the plots and also what period/genre they fit in.

this is literature network isnt it?! so no coffeees, no movies....just....plain books!

back to being illl
    We can never know what to want, because living only one life we can neither compare it with our previous lives, nor perfect it in our lives to come'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OZEED View Post
    just wait one sec here, the girls posted pictures of guys on the GUYS thread.....why?
    SPACE, we love space and we were getting on just fine with our topics.
    unfortunately i have to triple post as opposed to my usual double post cos i still dont know how to multiquote. no dont bother telling me, u cant teach a beautiful clever maiden new tricks. now theres a new one for your books.

the reason, Ozeed, we posted guys picture on the GUYS (yes we know what you are, do you guys? -the reason we posted guys pic on the GUYS thread was because we wanted to show you 'guys' what you should be aspiring for. thats your aim. print a copy, stick it on your bedroom and aim for that. add books and intelligence to that Does that answer your question? A visual image of the goal always helps.

damn, im even more cranky and 'acidicly witty' (to quote rachel's PM, wher r u girl?!) when im ill. i should stay ill longer-but my absence will be felt and hurt some of you people so I wont. Just for all your sakes.

Albano Laziale, Italy / Pennsylvania, USA
    Blog Entries
    TRIPLE POST! TRIPLE POST!!

no, don't leave, opti, we love you. you don't need a throat to type.

it's amusing! the girls have taken over both threads! who wants to take bets on how long it will be until the guys' thread becomes "no guys allowed"?
    No day but today

-God is real, unless proclaimed integer-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticnad View Post
    unfortunately i have to triple post as opposed to my usual double post cos i still dont know how to multiquote. no dont bother telling me, u cant teach a beautiful clever maiden new tricks. now theres a new one for your books.

the reason, Ozeed, we posted guys picture on the GUYS (yes we know what you are, do you guys? -the reason we posted guys pic on the GUYS thread was because we wanted to show you 'guys' what you should be aspiring for. thats your aim. print a copy, stick it on your bedroom and aim for that. add books and intelligence to that Does that answer your question? A visual image of the goal always helps.

damn, im even more cranky and 'acidicly witty' (to quote rachel's PM, wher r u girl?!) when im ill. i should stay ill longer-but my absence will be felt and hurt some of you people so I wont. Just for all your sakes.
    *Chokes while reading the above*
    well, well.....haven't we been busy triple posting.
    I could reply with a equally highfalutin 'acidicly witty' response and maybe throw in some strategically sinister sarcasm for good measure just to keep things going OR I could tell you that I have been having a shockingly dreadful day and reading your posts has left me smiling from ear to ear
    oh yes, I really hope you get better soon and I made you some yummy chicken soup.
    whats that 'C' word again that us guys don't seem to have in our vocab?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wise today than yesterday - Alexander Pope

Conviction that is not under-girded by LOVE makes the possessor of that conviction obnoxious and the dogma possessed becomes repulsive - Ravi Zacharias.

Blog Entries

Well if it isn't courtesy, it must be cornflakes or.... cuckoo, croquet, cucumber, cool, crisp, caterpiller...ok, I will just stop being silly now.
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic
    there are plenty of websites etc. etc. which are about bollywood and discuss those kind of movies. here we prefer something of more profound and deep and meaningful nature, a bit more than: boy meets girl, girl meets boy, mutual feeling...and oh! behold! calamity....father against it or father has daughters marriage arranged already......in the end good triumphs over evil, goodies live on, baddies die from just one wound or one shot but the hero never dies no matter the number of wounds etc. (i do realise that nowadays their are exceptions. but its still a rule) and everyone lives on happily ever after...even the father who has found a son he never had in the son-in-law. of course the mother always loved him, but being the subordinate and not the 'man in the house' she has to stay silent and watch her childrens lives ruins. now isnt the time or the place to analyse all the meanings behind it but those of you familiar with film studies im sure uv already picked up on the innuedoes behind the plots and also what period/genre they fit in.

I like Indian movies and I do not like to underestimate any kind of art for any nation. I 'm a good follower for Hollyood movies too. Both Holly and Bolly have movies that are good and deep and they do have trifle ones. If u think that Bollyood movies are only concerned about these issues ,fine! They know what goes in their society and what should they act out!! they are just so rich of the Indian culture and I find this really interesting. They are deep when trying to insist on good qualities . Maybe the kind you choose to see aren't deep!! you gotta see the development they are attempting in the kind of topic they choose to be acted,though the love stories seem inevitable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kathycf View Post
    Well if it isn't courtesy, it must be cornflakes or.... cuckoo, croquet, cucumber, cool, crisp, caterpiller...ok, I will just stop being silly now.
    The word 'charcuterie' is not in my vocabulary.
    What is the use of a violent kind of delightfulness if there is no pleasure in not getting tired of it.
    - Gertrude Stein

A washerwoman with her basket; a rook; a red-hot poker; th purples and grey-greens of flowers: some common feeling which held the whole together.
    - Virginia Woolf

Blog Entries
    *Chokes while reading the above*
    well, well.....haven't we been busy triple posting.
    I could reply with a equally highfalutin 'acidicly witty' response and maybe throw in some strategically sinister sarcasm for good measure just to keep things going OR I could tell you that I have been having a shockingly dreadful day and reading your posts has left me smiling from ear to ear
    oh yes, I really hope you get better soon and I made you some yummy chicken soup.
    you should chew ur food oz than u wont choke! :-) Ur an animal not a ....fish? do they just swallow? Oh, I know. ur a young man, not an old grandad with no teeth so chew ur food.
    i dont think guys can do acidic wit or be as sarcastic as us girls!
    I've had a miserbale day today (its going round, i wonder whose next!) so ur post made me smile, though not from ear to ear as my face is rather small anyway.....and, well....ur just not as funny as me r ya? Im glad i cheered u up, thats what the class clown or forum clown is here for.

thank you for the chicken soup , im sure my cat loved it. very sweet gesture. didnt realise u were fond of cats. oh welll, guess the thought counts. lol. i loved it. thanks.

mmmm.....'C' word hey....well....lets see....the four letter 'C' word I am thinking of....welll, boys, THATS THE ONLY WORD U DO HAVE IN UR VOCAB! u use it to think, act, feel.....

and mir-thanks! how much were you thinking of? You need money to buy new fit rowing men?
    Last edited by optimisticnad; 10-27-2006 at 09:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    eugh! god ozeed! i didnt see the picutre of the chicken soup i just opened it now...and eugh, that looks disgusting. looks like my cats pewed in it! eugh. eugh eugh.
    (but thank you anyway))

something for you now......

Blog Entries
    I'm no health inspector, but shouldn't chicken be cooked?
    What is the use of a violent kind of delightfulness if there is no pleasure in not getting tired of it.
    - Gertrude Stein

A washerwoman with her basket; a rook; a red-hot poker; th purples and grey-greens of flowers: some common feeling which held the whole together.
    - Virginia Woolf

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticnad View Post
    What is that? Finger saute?
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    That picture is going to give me nightmares tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by cuppajoe_9 View Post
    The word 'charcuterie' is not in my vocabulary.
    Must be in your vocabulary, since you typed it out.... (just kidding...must not be in your diet, didn't you mention being a vegetarian?)
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Blog Entries
    i have no idea what that was. just typed in 'disgusting food' in google and thats what came up on the first page!
    but yeh, ozeeds chicken looked awful! but leave him alone, at least he cooked me (my cat) something! maybe he intended it to be horrible.....?