Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 157 of 266 FirstFirst ... 57107147152153154155156157158159160161162167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3988

Thread: Anyone for Coffee? (no boys allowed)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeccaT View Post

Just to add to the Clinique discussion... I've never used it. I SWEAR by Vichy, which is even MORE expensive ($20 cleanser, $20 toner, and roughly $10 for the moisturiser), but it makes my face look absolutely perfect, and I have pretty terrible skin.

First, I didn't know that Vichy is more expensive than Clinique. Second, I never thought that it would give much better result since, well, I thought it is less expensive than Clinique, which I assumed it would give less better result.

Blog Entries
    I remember when I was younger and my aunt gave me a Clinique set. Now I just use a designer imposter perfume, which smells exactly like Happy, and is very cheap

Blog Entries
    I think that spending a lot of money on make up is silly (maybe because I am poor since my job pays dirt and I got out of college not too long ago, heh)... and I rarely use perfume, and have never ever bought some for myself (all perfume I have ever used I received as a gift).

I do think Vichy is better than Clinique.. I had some Clinique stuff that I got as a gift, and some of it smelled really bad. This blush made my skin smell awful, and no one would even kiss me!
    "All gods are homemade, and it is we who pull their strings, and so, give them the power to pull ours." -Aldous Huxley

"Sooner murder an infant in its cradle than nurse unacted desires." -William Blake

Just new here Big fan of coffee, so I thought I'd drop in Can't do that without bringing something of course, so for all you thirsty girls:

Sorry, not the right girl to ask about make up I could do a clowns face, but that's about it...
    It is not too late, to be wild for roundabouts - to be wild for life
    Wolfsheim - It is not too late

lovingly in his eyes, snugly in his arms, safely in his heart...
    Hey girls! It's been a while since I last posted...I've been exquisitely busy!

Hope all are well...Thanks for the coffee Sapphire!
    "My warm hands have made the paper limp,
    So that its feel reminds me of slept-in sheets: comfortable and safe"

"All these things I say... I say them because I want you to know, I don't ever want to regret afterwards that I didn't say enough, I would rather say too much." ~ Samuel Selvon

Hair Dye

OK. I admit to being naive about this. I seem to wake up with more and more gray hair everyday. This wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that I have such dark hair. The gray is very obvious because of this. It isn't even like my hair is gray. It is turning white. I was using this crayon that is meant to touch up roots. That really works well when there is a small amount to cover. Now it is getting harder to do that with because I have these incredibly long white strands that are popping up all the time.

Well, I don't know what to do about dyeing my hair. The only time that I ever did this sort of thing was years ago when I put blonde highlights in my hair. That was it. That was obviously choosing to make parts of my hair lighter and a different color than what it is. I don't want to do that. I love my hair color. I want to keep it this dark. I have nobody to ask about this because I don't know anyone that has dark hair.

So, here is my dilemma. If I could afford it, I would, of course, go to a salon to get it done. But at the moment, that is out of the question. So, I have to give in to the at-home dyes. I don't know what I should do to buy a dye that will keep my hair the same color. Now, say, for example, I wanted a "Golden Brown" color. Say it matched my hair exactly. But on the box it says that it is recommended for someone who has "Dark Brown" hair. Would it not look the same on me? Or, how on the box it will show how hair would look with this particular dye if your hair was both a shade of blonde or brown or even black. After all, it is making the other colors change and would be keeping mine the same. Now, I know anyone could use it. But here is my question. If the color of the dye is pretty much MY color, will it work? Will it basically give the appearance of a color similar to mine (if not exactly the same) or will it change the color of my hair? Basically, if I am hoping to use a dye that will match my exact color just to cover the grays, how much should I trust that the color will match mine, or should I assume that it will end up a different shade?

I hope that made sense. But I really don't know what to do with this. If anybody can help, thanks a lot!!

Blog Entries
    Most hair dyes have a colour guide to compare how the colour will look against certain natural colours. you could hold a piece of your hair against the one closest to your natural colour and see what it will look like.
    If you want to keep your hair to its natural colour, get a dye close enough to it.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Yeah, I was wondering if it was close enough to my color, would it work and I guess you answered it for me. Thank you. Now, you just have to wish me luck that my hair will look the way that it does now and it won't turn out orange or something. I would be good for making some sort of mistake like that.

lys
    im in for a coffee

On hair deying (I can't believe you would write it as dying as someone told me !): I've always deyed my hair myself, but never tried to come near my natural colour. I just plunge some "everlasting" red on it, to find out it only holds for 2 weeks or such The colour changes after that period of time are interesting I guess that is the chance you take when you buy the cheapest in store ...
    I hope it works out for you. If your hair is dark brown and you put something dark brown on it, I think the worst that can happen is that it is slightly different than your natural colour. Something would really be amiss if it turned orange ...

For the coffee:
    It is not too late, to be wild for roundabouts - to be wild for life
    Wolfsheim - It is not too late

Blog Entries
    I heard something quite funny today. A new and fabulous diet! 'THe sea food' diet - where you see food and must have it! Thought that was hillarious.
    We can never know what to want, because living only one life we can neither compare it with our previous lives, nor perfect it in our lives to come'
    Milan Kundera,The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Parce que c'est toi, parce que c'est moi

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a great diet

It's 2 weeks until my Year 12 Ball, and I was hoping to get rid of some weight before it, and today I weighed myself for the first time in months, and the result wasn't too bad! I was generally around 72-73 kg before, but today I was a little over 71 kg. It's been my aim to get to 65 kg for YEARS now, so it's actually looking like it might be possible!! (After my ops when I was 14 I got to about 80kg, I never want to go there again, not at this age especially.) So if I can get to 70 kg for the ball, I don't care if it doesn't show, 'cause I'll be happy and confident knowing it!

And I have a hair appointment tomorrow, just a quick trim and layering. I'm hoping to get it re-dyed as well, luckily my mum can do that type of thing . I think I might go dark again for the ball, but then afterwards get it cut shorter and perhaps go back to blonde?
    I hope your hair turns out good LW!

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinks View Post
    Sounds like a great diet

It's 2 weeks until my Year 12 Ball, and I was hoping to get rid of some weight before it, and today I weighed myself for the first time in months, and the result wasn't too bad! I was generally around 72-73 kg before, but today I was a little over 71 kg. It's been my aim to get to 65 kg for YEARS now, so it's actually looking like it might be possible!! (After my ops when I was 14 I got to about 80kg, I never want to go there again, not at this age especially.) So if I can get to 70 kg for the ball, I don't care if it doesn't show, 'cause I'll be happy and confident knowing it!

And I have a hair appointment tomorrow, just a quick trim and layering. I'm hoping to get it re-dyed as well, luckily my mum can do that type of thing . I think I might go dark again for the ball, but then afterwards get it cut shorter and perhaps go back to blonde?
    I hope your hair turns out good LW!
    So exciting!!! My yr 12 ball was wonderful,I hope yours turns out wonderfully too!
    Do you have your dress yet?
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Blog Entries
    Yep! It's bright yellow and purple! (Which is likely to really make me stand out from all my friends in their dark red/green/champagne dresses! ) I'll be sure to post photos afterwards

Blog Entries
    Bright colours to go with a bright personality!
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules