Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 204 of 266 FirstFirst ... 104154194199200201202203204205206207208209214254 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3988

Thread: Anyone for Coffee? (no boys allowed)

I don't even bother with my fingernails. I work with kids so I'm constantly washing my hands and sticking them in bleach (that's what we use to clean surfaces and toys and stuff) and they are a papery, uneven mess. Now my toenails are a different story, those I like to keep fancy.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm terrible. I'm afraid I'm that person who still bites their nails and I can't seem to stop. I'll go for months without biting them, but then I'll stress a bit and chew them all off. All too often I'm stressed out so I seem to always be biting them.

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhockenberry View Post
    I'm terrible. I'm afraid I'm that person who still bites their nails and I can't seem to stop. I'll go for months without biting them, but then I'll stress a bit and chew them all off. All too often I'm stressed out so I seem to always be biting them.
    There's still hope! My mum bit her nails for 52 years before she stopped.

I used to bite mine too, but I stopped a few years ago. The problem is, I'm just a really fidgety person. My hands just have to be busy. When I stopped biting my nails, I started another habit which I cannot break and it drives my friends crazy- I'm constantly twirling a curl around my fingers. That, and I still have a few other fidgety habits that I've always had. I don't really do much to take care of my nails- they have to be short when I'm working in a clinic or when I'm at the barn or they just break and get all gross. I'll get a manicure on the rare occasion I'm not going to be at the barn or working.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

I don't bite my nails, but that might be partly because there's nothing to bite I've always kept my nails very short, first because I was playing the piano and then because I was used to that (and the fact that with my atopy I do far too much damage to my skin even with what little nails I have now). Nail polish just won't stay on my nails (it gets all "wrinkly", probably because I can't help scratching), so I very very rarely bother.
    Little Lotte thought of everything and nothing. Her hair was golden as the sun's rays and her soul as clear and blue as her eyes.
    Gaston Leroux - The Phantom of the Opera

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Classic*Charm* View Post
    There's still hope! My mum bit her nails for 52 years before she stopped.

I used to bite mine too, but I stopped a few years ago. The problem is, I'm just a really fidgety person. My hands just have to be busy. When I stopped biting my nails, I started another habit which I cannot break and it drives my friends crazy- I'm constantly twirling a curl around my fingers. That, and I still have a few other fidgety habits that I've always had. I don't really do much to take care of my nails- they have to be short when I'm working in a clinic or when I'm at the barn or they just break and get all gross. I'll get a manicure on the rare occasion I'm not going to be at the barn or working.
    I'm fidgety too, and I think that is part of the problem. I'm a pretty high strung type individual, and I'm afraid I keep life too stressed. I think my record is something like a year or so without biting them,but I've been terrible the last couple of years I also catch myself tapping on my keyboard when I type if my thoughts aren't coming fast enough. I actually had to take up crocheting as a hobby just so I could sit with my husband and watch a TV show. Otherwise I'm always up and down and moving everywhere.

I'm kind of fidgety as well, although I don't bit my nails, I crack my knuckles...pretty much constantly. It drives my mother nuts!
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Blog Entries
    I bite my nails off too, because long nails cut your palms when you make a fist. Also, long nails get in the way when I'm playing with my bow and arrow.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Well I don't even really know the feeling of cutting fingers... I bite them, although now I only do it occasionally cos I keep them long, but a time alwys comes when I bite them all off and start again... I started doing so when I was about 15 (always been a biter before that, I remember being told off for it when I was like 3...) and by now I can even go a couple of days without nail polish and without biting. But usually it's nail polish all the way, I love it, it was the only girly thing I did for years (now I'm all girly, thought it would happen eventually... )

As for the datey things, I have no time now but I might let you know more when I have a longer time to spend online. First one was confusing...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Hey all! I hope you girls are doing fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Classic*Charm* View Post
    I used to bite mine too, but I stopped a few years ago. The problem is, I'm just a really fidgety person. My hands just have to be busy. When I stopped biting my nails, I started another habit which I cannot break and it drives my friends crazy- I'm constantly twirling a curl around my fingers.
    Now you mention it... I think I started doing that right after I stopped biting my nails! I just never noticed the connection until now And I don't think I'll ever stop twirling my hair - It is just like Edmund in the movie for Count de Monte Cristo I just hope I won't grow bald because of it
    As for the biting, I just decided it was enough... Putting nail-polish on my nails helped a lot, but it would not have helped if I had not decided to stop for real - it was just a reminder. Nowadays I've got quite long nails, because I never cut them (still bite them when they get too long ) I just think it's such a shame to cut them - I can finally show that I've quitted biting them Childish and not practical at all, I know This doesn't stop me from doing so though.

Ow, and here you all go: after all this is the coffee corner!

It is not too late, to be wild for roundabouts - to be wild for life
    Wolfsheim - It is not too late

Quote Originally Posted by mkhockenberry View Post
    The exact same in here. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Ow, and here you all go: after all this is the coffee corner! [/COLOR]

Mmmmmm, love the smell. AND of course, the thing itself.

Last edited by symphony; 02-28-2010 at 08:04 PM.
    ...the smell of flowers through metal labyrinths.

Blog Entries
    I got a manicure yesterday. I hadn't had one in a while and my hands were quite crusty looking. I sat under the UV light and sprayed some quick dry stuff on them and the manicurist told me that they were ready but to be careful. So I wandered around the mall for what seemed like an hour carefully holding my jacket and not touching anything and ignoring sales people (though it probably wasn't that long and just seemed like it since going to the mall bores me to death these days unless I'm on a specific shopping mission) and then I get in the car and bump my nail polish on the steering wheel and smudged the paint! How were my nails not dry after all that time?? I even used the spray! I thought the spray was supposed to work. I didn't want to go back and have them fix it because I didn't want to be in the mall anymore so I am sitting here with a smudge nail. And this color is dark purple and I can only pull this color off if I have it professionally done because it's so dark. If I do it myself then it just looks terrible. on the bright side, when I take the polish off I will at least have neat nails.
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Shalot I had the same thing happen to me last week. I got a manicure and a pedicure done at a different place than I normally go to because it's cheaper. I had my feet under the UV light for 15 minutes and the lady told me I was good to go, knowing full well I had to put socks and boots back on. I got home and I had a sock imprint in my toenail polish . Not surprised though, the lady also didn't paint white tips on my french manicure. What is a french manicure without white tips?! She told me I said I didn't want them. Grrrrrrr.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    I generally ignore my nails as long as they are short enough, maybe occasionally I will pop some moisteriser on them but that is about it really!

But I have a question can climate affect the speed your hair and nails grow at? since I have moved back to egypt I am back to having to cut my nails 2 or 3 times a week and my hair is growing at the rate of an inch or so a month. Thats beside the fact it has dried out and gone all icky!
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I generally ignore my nails as long as they are short enough, maybe occasionally I will pop some moisteriser on them but that is about it really!

But I have a question can climate affect the speed your hair and nails grow at? since I have moved back to egypt I am back to having to cut my nails 2 or 3 times a week and my hair is growing at the rate of an inch or so a month. Thats beside the fact it has dried out and gone all icky!
    According to sofeminine.co.u.k climate and stress can affect hair loss. So, maybe the opposite is true also. Maybe you're under less stress in Egypt then you were before and you're seeing it in your hair and nails. I'm reaching I know. Or, it could be diet. Maybe you're eating better than you were??? I don't know. At least it's not hair loss. If my hair starts to thin like that I will probably just go Sinead. I'm not sure about the nails. It seems like if you're under-nourished or stressed, your nails suffer as well as your hair.
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

I am a dream of a dreamer Lacra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post

Yes, I have the same problem since I moved in Egypt. My hair became very dry, although i am using hair creams. I think is about the water used in here.
    Be great in act, as you have been in thought.
    William Shakespeare