Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's hear your music

Blog Entries

Let's hear your music

Let's have a music discussion, shall we?!

What sort of music you listen to?

I listen to many bands especially from the 60's and 70's. Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd are my all time favs. And I also listen to several other bands from those times. I don't really listen to bands from the 90'sand the 00's, just check them out once in a while (for the sake of my music knowledges) . Radiohead is a special exception, of course!

Personally, I think the music from the old times (60's, 70's particularry) still rule!!!

Shine on

"there are people in the world so hungry that God can not appear to them except in the form of bread"

Mahatma Gandhi

fleetwood mac, JIMI HENDRIX, 50 cent, maxwell, vivaldi, rochmaninoff, r. kelly, van morrison,snoop d oh double g, jill scott, rolling stones, sappy stuff, disco

yeah...i love the 70's stuff too. that's real music.

I listen to Political Punk (Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, Anti-Flag) as well as Hardcore Metal (Between the Buried and Me, As I Lay Dying, From Autumn to Ashes).

One allows for a sense of care for the world, the other a sense of care for myself.
    To think is to blog is to distract is to stop is to destroy is to die is to think therefore I am not good enough

rock, rock ballads, the 80s, have I said ballads yet?... Evanescence... anything as far as I like it, what doesn't make my ears go all ouchy...
    I have a plan: attack!

Oh I wish all you people who claim to love '70s rock would discover Mott the Hoople, Ian Hunter, and Mick Ronson. You'll be so glad if you do.

In addition to the above I listen to Billy Bragg, Ian Dury, Kate Rusby, all the basic "classic rock" genre (I'm that age, unfortunately), vintage funk, and lots and lots and lots of jazz: Miles, Monk, Mingus, Coltrane, Coleman Hawkins, Lester Young, and on and on. Oh! and props to whoever said Vivaldi! I've been on a Vivaldi tear lately. Can't get enough mandolins in my life!

And of course, given the time of year, I must mention Vince Garauldi, the marvelous pianist who provided the soundtrack to the "Charlie Brown Christmas," and naturally, the Pogues for "Fairy Tale of New York," my all time favorite Christmas song.

And my latest purchase is Blackmore Night's "Ghost of A Rose." It is Deep Purple's guitar-meister Ritchie Blackmore doing a somewhat contemporary interpretation of Renaissance/Medieval music, with charming vocals by Candace Night.

ihrocks
    The revolution is just a T-shirt away -- Billy Bragg

Right in the happy button IWilKikU's Avatar
    Waynesboro, Virginia. The beautiful Shenandoah Valley
    Everyone is going to shudder as I name off all of my popular favs, oh well, here goes.

Metallica, Ozzy/Sabbath, System of a Down, Marylin Manson, Tool, Radiohead, Eminem, Thirty Seconds to Mars, Audioslave, Nirvana.

Thats probably my top ten in no particular order.
    ...Also baby duck hat would be good for parties.

So, IWil, just a little bright, breezy, uplifting stuff for you, right?

But no Nine Inch Nails? I would think that little ray of sunshine Trent Reznor would be right up your alley!

ihrocks
    The revolution is just a T-shirt away -- Billy Bragg

Navy Nuke
    House music, but sadly I let my brother borrow my record collection 2 months ago, so I can't look up my favorite artists on a whim.

As far as CDs Frankie Bones is pretty good, oh and Schooly D. Plus Mark Farina, Joseph Newman, and Doc Martin.
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone.
    The people themselves therefore are its only safe depositories." -Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by AbdoRinbo; 01-08-2004 at 05:01 PM.

The Girls: Fiona Apple, Jewel, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughn, PJ Harvey, Sarah McLachlan, Ani Difranco, Janis Joplin, Nancy Sinatra; there's more but I'm to lazy to type them.

The Boys: Outkast, N.W.A., Clapton/Cream, Armstrong, Ellington, Davis, Getz, Gilberto, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Sex Pistols, The Dead Milkmen, Jethro Tull, Queen, Johnny Cash, America, Nat King Cole, 2 Live Crew; and on and on, we go.

Everything else or Hermaphrodite Buffet: Jefferson Airplane, Bizet's Carmen, Rossini's Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Verdi's Il Trovatore; who am I kidding, I just wanted to say hermaphrodite.

Aah-ah... It's hard to sum up what I like using words, I like certain kinds of rock, and certain kinds of electronic music... And they have to have depressive, or at least poetic lyrics. And I'm totally in love with the 80s.

Easier to mention some names of my favourites: Depeche Mode (now I expect either some insults or a choir of 'Who the hell are them???), The Cure, The Smiths, Placebo, REM, Joy Division, ... I could go on but I guess these are the main ones.
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Last edited by AbdoRinbo; 01-08-2004 at 05:01 PM.

I listen to a lot of music. Just a few I like: The Beatles (all time favourite), Oasis, U2, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Pink floyd, The Police, Radiohead, Miles Davis, David Bowie, The Doors, The Pixies, Astor Piazzolla, etc.
    Obviously, there's more than this. I just listed the ones I have 3 cds or more, for practical purposes.
    Ningķn hombre llega a ser lo que es por lo que escribe, sino por lo que lee.
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Originally posted by AbdoRinbo
    I saw The Cure and Depeche Mode in concert. They're killer.
    AAAAH AAAAAH AAAAAAH (and lots of other AAAAAHs)!!!!!

I saw DM only once...but now I don't mind dying: I've seen them! Of course I'd love to see them again before I die They're some kind of religion for me.

Never seen The Cure, but I got into them quite recently, I've always been scared of liking them too much.
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast