Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dabel Brothers Adapt Robert Jordan's New Spring: The Novel

Dabel Brothers Adapt Robert Jordan's New Spring: The Novel

Most of you know that Robert Jordan has a new "Wheel of Time" novel that is due out in bookstores in January 2004. It is called New Spring the novel, and we are happy to say that we will be adapting Robert Jordan's New Spring, the Novel into a graphic novel. You've been seeing some of our artwork on other adaptations in the Dragonlance: Legend of Huma thread and I'm sure that you have a sense of what we are capable of. Please check out the link below to see the article in Newsarama and post your thoughts, enjoy and spread the word to any Robert Jordan fans that you know

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthre...&threadid=7311

Here is the link with Robert Jordan's thoughts on the graphic novel adaptation, enjoy

http://www.dragonmount.com/news/News-2003-12.aspx

Re: Dabel Brothers Adapt Robert Jordan's New Spring: The Novel

Originally posted by The_Khan
    Most of you know that Robert Jordan has a new "Wheel of Time" novel that is due out in bookstores in January 2004. It is called New Spring the novel, and we are happy to say that we will be adapting Robert Jordan's New Spring, the Novel into a graphic novel. You've been seeing some of our artwork on other adaptations in the Dragonlance: Legend of Huma thread and I'm sure that you have a sense of what we are capable of. Please check out the link below to see the article in Newsarama and post your thoughts, enjoy and spread the word to any Robert Jordan fans that you know

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthre...&threadid=7311

Here is the link with Robert Jordan's thoughts on the graphic novel adaptation, enjoy

http://www.dragonmount.com/news/News-2003-12.aspx
    Bah. I hate that Dungeons and Dragons stuff.

Right in the happy button IWilKikU's Avatar
    Waynesboro, Virginia. The beautiful Shenandoah Valley
    Oh God! You did NOT just call Jordan's wheel series "Dungeons and Dragons stuff", did you?
    ...Also baby duck hat would be good for parties.

Re:

Thank you for your feedback, Robert E. Lee, greatly appreciated.

IWilKikU, it seems to me that you are very familiar with Robert Jordan. Once he is done picking an artist and I have conceptual sketches, I will post them here so that if you are willing you can give me some feedback, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

uh... ok, but I havnt read "A New Spring" yet. It is about Tam and how he found Rand, or what?

Re:

Thanks, New Spring: The Novel is about when Moraine and Siuan Sanche first discovers that the Dragon Reborn is born and starts her search for him. Also when Lan Mandragoran first meets Moraine. It's out in bookstores in January.

Ok, I have a fairly solid mentle picture of Lan and Moraine, so I'd be happy to tell you what I think. If the prequal series doesnt have somthing about Tam though, I'm going to be pissed!

Re:

LOL, I won't ruin it for you by putting up spoilers I did have one question for you though, my friend, what do you think Malkieri armor looks like in your own mind?

hmm... Not really sure, and my Jordan books are in England right now, and I'm in the US.

Re:

Well, whatever little help that you can give will be greatly appreciated when the time comes, my friend

I hate Robert Jordan. I read all 10 current WOT books and was entertained (until the last couple) but not impressed. He does alot of borrowing.

The last book moved at a glacial pace and in 700 or whatever pages advanced the story a week. Nothing was resolved. For instance Perrin has now been trying to rescue his wife for a about 1100 pages. Its really ridiculous.

I refuse to invest any more time into the series until I know it has an end. As such I will not buy any more of his books until he finishes the story.

Now, he is writing prequels for a story that is not finished yet? I really hate him. Finish the damn story. Is someone paying him by the word?
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Re:

Thank you for sharing that with me, Admin. I understand where you are coming from and your frustration, and you've made it very clear that you will not buy any of his books until he has finished the main series. I've also heard of readers who's enjoyed his books and love Robert Jordan. I respect both kinds of readers.

The reason that Robert Jordan wrote the prequel is because he needed a break from the main series. Most series are about three series on average, but a seventeen book series is really a LOT of writing. I'm actually happy that Robert took the time to write a prequel, because it only means that when he gets back to the main series that he will be refreshed and ready to spin us an amazing tale.

One thing to note is that it will only get better from here, because by book 17, Rand is going to have to be facing the Dark One so that means that things are going to be moving pretty fast on book 11-17. How will Rand destroy the Dark One, will he lose his life in the process? What damage will the Dark One cause before he goes down? Do you have any theories, Admin?

Now about the Graphic Novel for New Spring, the Novel, all I need is some feedback on character sketches once everything is finalized with the artist. If you can help and give some feedback, I will be very greatful and that is all that I will ask you. Thanks in advance, Admin.

Now there is going to be 17? Last interview I read RJ said maybe 12... grrrr
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Re:

Lol, don't worry, my friend it'll get better

Perhaps my grandchildren will finish it

Your absolutly right. Most series are about 3 novels, with really long series being 5 or so. That would because thats ALL it should EVER take to tell a decent story. The novels seem like the man can't make any decisions. Nothing of import is happening. I'm actually upset at the person that bought me the first novel, because I hate , HATE, not having a sense of closure. But I seriously think there will never be a close to this story. The man has some real Climax issues. It seems he's writing just to hear the typewriter click. And the Audacity to write a Prequel? I mean how about just trying to advance the main plotline a little?

To be perfectly fair, the guy is not a bad read. He's not the best or most engaging author I've ever read. He's desperate to be 'deep and symbolic', and its transparent and trite; but at least he's making the attempt. But bottom line, just taking each book in isolation he's easily up to 'standard' for a favored author. One whose further works I would seek out. The problems are that the books don;t exist in isolation. They can't stand as individual stories, based in the same world; but internally complete. They arent even organized as a series of series, like Robin Hobb is doing with his Farseer series. Or a set of charecter studies like my favorite author Orson Scott Card and his Enderverse.

Basically, I hate a lack of closure, Robert Jordan as an Author is one big collected mass of lack of closure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast