Please help me guys:
1. Aside from conformity, what are the other obstacles to self-reliance?
2. Do most of us really gauge our esteem for each other by what we have and not by what we are?
3. What are Emerson's arguments against consistency? What does he mean to say about the truth today may not be true tomorrow?
4. Mention other people, beside those given by Emerson, who were misunderstood before their ideas were accepted. Why were they misunderstood at first?
5. Point out the relevance of Emerson's condemnation of a materialism to a country such as ours which is striving to attain economic stability.
Lots of thanks guys!