Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Madman of Baker Street (short story)

Grim Reaper

The Madman of Baker Street (short story)

Tell me what you think....

THE MADMAN OF BAKER STREET

I remember it like it was yesterday. Her scent, morning rain in June, her skin, sunlight, her eyes, like the ocean, her hair... ahh her hair, sleek and shiny, black as the raven. Let me tell you how i killed her.

It all started that fateful night in the pub, The one just off of Baker St. I had come to the establishment of my choosing for the night, the choice i'd made for the past thirteen years. At 9:00 pm, to be exact. I had come to have my usual, a scotch on the rocks and a hollow conversation, if it could be called such, with the faceless bartender.The hollowness of the "conversation" sickens me, oh how it sickens me.

It was this night, that she walked into my view. The way she moved...I was instantaneously drawn into her goddess illusions. I had not the courage to speak to her, so i waited until she rose to leave, and i followed faithfully. I hounded her down the crowded streets, past the bakery, the deli, and finally onto a dark deserted street lined with small white victorian style houses. I watched her enter her house from a bush lining the west side of her house, and once Aphrodite was inside, i lept onto the balcony, and scaled the ivy sidings to the second story , my hungry eyes searching for her. So great was my need to see her, so great it was.

this is just the first part.... I am working with 2 friends to write a book of sorts entitled "The Gothik Rosary" a collection of scary stories and poems by us. Under the names of Ravin Rav3n, Rose Red , and The Collector
    "My body won't succumb to my heart and it's tearing me apart"

"There is no point to democracy when ignorance is celebrated"

very captivating first paragraph
    Last edited by azmuse; 12-14-2003 at 04:25 AM.

Grim Reaper
    thanks! I thought so, i was thinking along the lines of edgar allan poe's 'the tell tale heart' when i did this. The mad person thing.

well speaking of poe and fear (flashing back to master of the game - sidney sheldon - yes, am EMBARASSED to admit i read his stuff) it reads in the first paragraph rather like a snuff film.

that's past tense "read"
    !!!

Well, what's wrong with Sheldon Az? I read Nothing Lasts Forever and liked it... thought about reading more but then got sidetracked and forgot.
    I have a plan: attack!

hmmph. well, i feel like a silly if you must know the truth when i listen to sappy love slongs i mean songs, and read sidney sheldon and wish to live exciting romantic passionate scary adventures - like it feels so cheesy to be me.
    i'm glad i'm not the only one who's read sheldon.

Hmmm, depens on what kind of sappy love slongs, I mean songs I listesten to, I like a lot of them btw..., and what's wrong with wishing to live an exciting romantic passionate scary adventure? Who doesn't at times (well, some people want to have just that kind of life ALL THE TIME)? I think it's completely normal.

Phoenix
    Let me tell you how i killed her.
    To say the truth, this line made me to read it all.

well that explains why we all need to write and even on occasion breathe, doesn't it...(that made sense until my fingers touched the keyboard)
    phoenix is there 'just' a little more to 'just' the first part? after all, hobbits got second breakfasts...

Hmm, I think I know what you're saying here...

Have no idea what you're talking about, the last sentence, the only thing I get is " 'just' the first part". Not a LoTR fan btw.

just want phoenix to share more. funny thing about tolkien - when i first read his stuff i was so Bored

have been studying all day/night; finals this week and have no idea what i'm saying now possibly the last sentence was a pit opaque/murky as it were

!

Have you really tried to climb ivy? Well I have, and it didn't work; the leaves just came off in my hands.

Grim Reaper
    i have been working on the next part, i will most likely post it within the next 24 hours.
    btw, tolkein , in my opinion wrote in a borish style. i wanted to rip my hair out every time i tried to read any of his pieces. But the films were exellent.
    yes, ivy is impossible to climb *sheepish grin* long story....

i felt that way when i picked up The Hobbit at 12 yrs old...but one day something zapped me, the time was right (years later), and i read his works MADLY, MADLY I TELL YOU!

Grim Reaper
    Like a starving man I was, and she, the steak waved in front of me, and then, she was there, my ethereal vision, my fixation. Some might have even used the word obsession. I sat there for so long, so very long, watching her. All through the night I stood stock still outside her window, eyes glued to her chest, watching her breathe. Sweet breath, how I longed to inhale it into my own lungs. My heart pounded in my ears, my blood pulsing through my veins, so enlarged with my love for her.

Just after dawn, as I still stood outside her window, she arose from her slumber, her cheeks flushed with dreamless sleep, her eyes bright and her skin glowing. My fingers itched to touch it. As she exited the room, I quietly opened the window, and slipped into the room, carefully as I could, I slipped into the hallway. My ears open, my senses sharper then they had ever been, I located her somewhere down the hall, in what I guessed to be the kitchen. I slid under the bed, and waited some time until she left. Careful not to disturb anything, I walked about the quiet home. The stylish modern furnishings were very tasteful, and the various pictures lining the walls made me smile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast