Thread: Childhood

Childhood

Second part of the triology tells us a story after his mothers death when he left for Moskva. He makes an intelectual progress, he is starting to thinking about religion, life, life after life; he actually becomes a philosopher. He is disapointed in questions of love, feeling abandoned from everybody. His grandmother dies and he finds his first friend; Nehlyudov,a man which will have a great effect on his youth and his whole life...
    Much, much better then the first part, with a lot of Tolstoy's philosophy, worth to read.
    At thunder and tempest, At the world's coldheartedness,
    During times of heavy loss And when you're sad
    The greatest art on earth Is to seem uncomplicatedly gay.

To get things clear, they have to firstly be very unclear. But if you get them too quickly, you probably got them wrong.
    If you need me urgent, send me a PM

Boyhood or Childhood?

Quote Originally Posted by bazarov View Post
    Second part of the triology tells us a story after his mothers death when he left for Moskva. He makes an intelectual progress, he is starting to thinking about religion, life, life after life; he actually becomes a philosopher. He is disapointed in questions of love, feeling abandoned from everybody. His grandmother dies and he finds his first friend; Nehlyudov,a man which will have a great effect on his youth and his whole life...
    Much, much better then the first part, with a lot of Tolstoy's philosophy, worth to read.
    It seems to me you are talking here of Tolstoy's book 'Boyhood' not 'Childhood'. 'Childhood' is Tolstoy's first book in this series.