Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Madonna: genuine or fraud

IdTakeABulletForYou

Question Madonna: genuine or fraud

Do you think madonna really has talent or that she just watches it all happen?

Blog Entries
    For me the simple answer is yes--I believe she has talent and uses it. On the other hand I find WHAT she does with her life decisions to be unfortunate. She has a knack for reinventing herself but the clock ticks onward--I give 5 to 10 more good years before the floodlights turn off. (Cher is not far behind.)

Blog Entries
    Talent, yes. Musical talent, no.
    What is the use of a violent kind of delightfulness if there is no pleasure in not getting tired of it.
    - Gertrude Stein

A washerwoman with her basket; a rook; a red-hot poker; th purples and grey-greens of flowers: some common feeling which held the whole together.
    - Virginia Woolf

If being an attractive blonde isn't a talent, I don't know what is.
    As Kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame . . .

Why disqualify the rush? I'm tabled. I'm tabled.

Blog Entries
    i cant stand Madonna so...no talent whatsoever./ Have to agree with shoutgrace, based on his avatar, that being an attractive blonde is a huge talent.
    We can never know what to want, because living only one life we can neither compare it with our previous lives, nor perfect it in our lives to come'
    Milan Kundera,The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Parce que c'est toi, parce que c'est moi

Sweet farewell, Good Nite
    I saw her perform once in a stadium of 80,000 and the whole place was in an Dionysian frenzy. I mean, isn't that the "end" of art, to move others?
    "He was nauseous with regret when he saw her face again, and when, as of yore, he pleaded and begged at her knees for the joy of her being. She understood Neal; she stroked his hair; she knew he was mad."
    ---Jack Kerouac, On The Road: The Original Scroll

Blog Entries
    Madonna has produced a few songs that I have copied onto my IPOD Nano. I listen to these while I am at the gym trying to work off the fat food that is provided at work (it's like this -- they announce layoffs, and other bad news and then they buy doughnuts and crap to pacify the little worker bees).

Anyway, Madonna is kind of irritating, but she doesn't bother me as much as Michael Jackson, Tom Cruise, Ohrah Winfrey or Paris Hilton.

She has talent for sure. She continues to produce pop tracks that I can use at the gym. What else does she need to do?
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalot View Post
    Anyway, Madonna is kind of irritating, but she doesn't bother me as much as Michael Jackson, Tom Cruise, Ohrah Winfrey or Paris Hilton.
    Count Hillary Duff in, as well!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Madonna is an expensive prostitute and of course she have some talent in her expertise.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensive View Post
    Count Hillary Duff in, as well!
    YES!!! Hillary Duff kills me!
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I happen to like the material girl. How come you not love her with all her efforts to be welcomed in English noble society?

I kind of like her because she's so...oh so...so everything! I agree that her musical talent is maybe not the best, but despite this she produces things that often have a value in their field, ie even if it's pop music, it doesn't sound as fake to me as britney's & co. - you see there's some WORK behind what she does, whether you like the product or not, but I'm sure she plans every song and every step of her life very carefully and I even like her cheekiness and kitsch. She just know how to get what she wants (FAME!) and yeah as someone said, that's a talent!
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

IdTakeABulletForYou
    I, personally, love her to death. I have 13 of her CD's and i mean, she hasn't even stopped making music or singing yet. And she's like, 49! I mean, you've got to admire her dedication, to put up with angst of millions, even billions, of people because of things that she did in the past... and keep on going at it and being successful. That is an EXTREME talent!