Thread: The BEST author on the metaphysical

The BEST author on the metaphysical

The books of Stewart Edward White on his and Betty's efforts into metaphysics are simply the best out there. Though they are 60-85 years olf now, nothing since then has surpassed them. The Unobstructed Universe (TUU) is the single best book in the genre, IMHO. I am no pushover (I am an engineer), and I have no patience for New Age gurus. Curiosity got me interested in this area as a young man, and I was lucky to have found such a solid effort very early in my inquiring. I still use the information from TUU to weed out garbage, and there is plenty in this field. But not Stewart Edward White's work. It is too bad that someone hasn't followed up on the work he and Betty did. The world would be the richer for it.

White's books are humble statements of what they experienced, without drawing a lot of attention to themselves. They were practical people who had open minds. They needed - and got in spades - "evidential", and once they found they weren't off on some wild goose chase, they worked hard to get the best understanding of what was coming through, as well as what was going on.

When Betty herself died, Stewart was able to affirm that the being that was claiming to be Betty was, in fact, the personality Betty that he had been married to. And then they went forward from where they had left off.

I could not recommend any book any higher - of any kind of book whatsoever.

Thank you for this post. I agree. My mother gave me the books to read over 40 years ago, and I continue to return to them and recommend them. Most recently, I found a copy of Anchors to Windward, which I just completed.

Niver beforehad I encountered a stranger who had read and admired SEW. I wonder how you began reding him and what else you have read.

I'm glad to meet someone whose mind has been 'blown' by The Unobstructed Universe - as mine was in 1966; but, I was too naive, depressed, etc. to do much. Lately, I am trying to start the Stewart and Betty White Foundation in Burlingame, Ca. and I would like to meet you and discuss "the whole teaching." Please read Stewart White Returns by Dr. Robert Leichtman (1973) for later 'heavenly' insights from Stewart, Joan and Stephen. Please e-mail me. Ray.

The Unobstructed Universe

If i was stranded on a desert island i would want The Unobstructed Universe. I have often wondered why it was not more acknowledged. I have studied the Whites books and have collected most of them, even a unpublished manuscript,The Gaelic Manuscript.

Now i study A Course In Miracles and find many similarities to what the invisibles taught many years ago. I never really ever knew anyone who knew of those books.

john

The Gaelic Manuscripts

I may have something for all of you.

Have you heard of The Gaelic Manuscripts?

It was pieced together after White's death, but was never published formally.

Gaelic is just phenomenal.

It is not available in book form. I found it at The Gaelic Manuscripts, but that version has a lot of errors, typographical and sentence structure wise.

After I recommended it to a friend in New Mexico, he proofread it, improved it and has it available at The Gaelic Manuscripts. (I did one or two chapters myself...)

I recommend this version.

I mmay be preaching to the choir, but the lessons about reality and life in Gaelic are the very best, fully up to Stewart White's earlier books, in some ways better, even!

The bits about groups and our being in them is something that keeps coming back to me, time and again. I reflect on them whenever I think about world conflicts, about family relationships, about life in general - and they give me a very stable base from which to live my own life-within-groups.

I could not recommend any reading higher.

Sink your teeth in, folks! It is more of White's best.

john - I missed your reference to Gaelic

I give you credit for bringing it up to the folks here.

Gaelic is fabulous stuff.

Like all of you, I am very very glad to find others who've read White's writings.

LaffingRain
    TD quote: It is too bad that someone hasn't followed up on the work he and Betty did. The world would be the richer for it.
    ____

yo, I am doing that now on Afterlife Knowledge conversation board on a thread called Science, then sub title "A more scientific look at the Afterlife."
    I don't have plans to publish a book from what I gather directly from Unobstructed Universe, yet I'm not limiting what may develop in that regard.
    I read Unobstructed Universe when I was 13. I am now 61 and can understand it better, needless to say. I just knew back then, it was important to try to understand it and someday I would.

It certainly does put things in an entirely new light and avoids a lot of fluffy type new age descriptions. Perhaps pragmatic is the word for it, yet not without some very human and even humor, to make it an enjoyable study.

Glad to see a discussion board I was not aware of and glad to meet you all.
    I was not aware of The Gaelic Manuscripts. thank you. I'm a little amazed, or perhaps it's unrealistic of me, that White's material published in 1940, takes this long to become more popular in the New Age category..1940 was anything but new age and here were these folks, working it.

alysia

Gaelic Manuscript

My grandparents knew Mr. and Mrs. White and were involved in a discussion group with them where the material in the Gaelic Manuscript was discussed. At the time of their deaths, the left my mother two (2) mimeographed copies of the Gaelic Manuscript which they had apparently used in that discussion group. From the discussion in the cases involving the copyright litigation over the work (WHITE v. KIMMELL, 94 F.Supp. 502 (C.D.Cal. 12/06/1950) and 193 F.2d 744), it appears that they are both from the approximately 120 copies prepared by Mrs. Oettinger. From a little research it does not appear that there are many known copies of the 240 or so copies that were ever prepared. Does anyone know if there is a library or institute that would be interested in these copies? Would anyone be interested in a copy being placed on-line as a .PDF file? Thank you for any information you can provide.

Soul Pioneer

Lightbulb I agree

Hello everyone,

I love the White books. I've read a few, and lost a few...but want to restore them all to my spiritual library. I've only got the Betty Book right now, hardback. At spiritwritings.com you can read many of their books online. I'll also look at amazon for some cheap paperbacks.

This is my first post here, so glad to meet you all.

paul

White books? What does you mean?