Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 288 of 305 FirstFirst ... 188238278283284285286287288289290291292293298 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 4575

Thread: What are you eating/drinking right now?

Couldn't be bothered with the cooking so I have just grabbed a cheese sandwich with a couple of Carlsberg Exports and treated myself to a bottle of Courvoisier brandy. I also purchased a large bottle of Coca Cola which will create a useful mix for the cognac.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Cheese sandwiches make up a large part of my day-to-day intake, there is not a day goes by that I don't have one I think. Must be mature cheddar though...

Currently knocking back my third or so Pimms. Not bad. It would be rude not to enjoy it seeing as it was bought me, but I would certainly consider buying it myself as it is more than drinkable. Also had today, in terms of alcohol, several pints of Bitburger (top German lager) and a few Gaymers pear. Don't worry though, the biking and tennis is burning it all off. Must have done 50 mile on the bike and 30 sets in the last four days easy. Got a cool tan as well. Looking even more attractive.

More Pimms please. (Treating the six weeks holiday like the last ever holiday - it's the only way to do it.) Come on more Pimms and ice!!
    Last edited by LitNetIsGreat; 07-26-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Blueberries
    "I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there's no relief in waking."

riding a cosmic vortex MystyrMystyry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chocolate eclairs!

Blog Entries
    Fish 'n' Chips.
    docendo discimus

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    Cheese sandwiches make up a large part of my day-to-day intake, there is not a day goes by that I don't have one I think. Must be mature cheddar though...

Currently knocking back my third or so Pimms. Not bad. It would be rude not to enjoy it seeing as it was bought me, but I would certainly consider buying it myself as it is more than drinkable. Also had today, in terms of alcohol, several pints of Bitburger (top German lager) and a few Gaymers pear. Don't worry though, the biking and tennis is burning it all off. Must have done 50 mile on the bike and 30 sets in the last four days easy. Got a cool tan as well. Looking even more attractive.

More Pimms please. (Treating the six weeks holiday like the last ever holiday - it's the only way to do it.) Come on more Pimms and ice!!
    How is it you have managed a tan when the weather down here has been indifferent at best? We were more or less promised a summer similar to 1976 but it's turned out to be the usual half and half nothing to write home about season. I have just finished a Quorn escalope with some mushrooms and am now drinking lager. I must go and get some more coca cola to take with my brandy. I fully recommend it as a soporific for insomniacs but only if they don't have to get up in the mornings.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    How is it you have managed a tan when the weather down here has been indifferent at best? We were more or less promised a summer similar to 1976 but it's turned out to be the usual half and half nothing to write home about season. I have just finished a Quorn escalope with some mushrooms and am now drinking lager. I must go and get some more coca cola to take with my brandy. I fully recommend it as a soporific for insomniacs but only if they don't have to get up in the mornings.
    Oh the weather up here in the north has been quite good. Plenty of sun and so forth in-between bits of cloud.

I can't eat Quorn because it upsets my stomach. I think that it only runs of quality stuff. I'm also not a fan of coke and brandy, although that is my brother's favourite drink when he is drunk. Damn expensive in pubs though.

Really funny stuff tonight as he ordered two Pimms for us in a bar not realising that they are not the most "manliest" drinks in the world. Sure, you had to be there but to see his face....quality stuff.
    Last edited by LitNetIsGreat; 07-29-2011 at 04:34 AM.

Banned
    Neely: "Looking even more attractive."

I love that archaic use of the word "fair", Neely. Thank you. That word isn't used here - other than to mean pale.

I have to see if I can buy Pimms here! I've got to try that.

Emil: "I must go and get some more coca cola to take with my brandy. I fully recommend it as a soporific for insomniacs but only if they don't have to get up in the mornings."

Really? I always drink early enough so it can wear off completely before I go to bed because I'm afraid of what it might do to me while I'm asleep. I've wondered what kind of dreams I'd have if I went to sleep tipsy! I usually have to get up early, but maybe I should try this on the weekend and see what happens. A little wine really helps my appetite. I need a way to sleep better.

I've never heard of Quorn. That's a new one to me! I Googled it, but I'm still not clear on that one.

Here's the latest Pimms advert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Vw3lNqWvw

And no, that's not me walking down the street in the middle. Wrong sort of hat...

Here's how you make it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfYMd...eature=related

Currently I'm a little confused in my drinking, German lager here, a little cider, a bit of wine with food, Pimms??? I don't know - it's everywhere.
    Last edited by LitNetIsGreat; 07-29-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonny View Post
    Emil: "I must go and get some more coca cola to take with my brandy. I fully recommend it as a soporific for insomniacs but only if they don't have to get up in the mornings."

Really? I always drink early enough so it can wear off completely before I go to bed because I'm afraid of what it might do to me while I'm asleep. I've wondered what kind of dreams I'd have if I went to sleep tipsy! I usually have to get up early, but maybe I should try this on the weekend and see what happens. A little wine really helps my appetite. I need a way to sleep better.

I've never heard of Quorn. That's a new one to me! I Googled it, but I'm still not clear on that one.
    I haven't noticed a greater tendency to dream with brandy and coke, as I dream fairly frequently anyway: usually just before waking, which is annoying because it's virtually impossible to continue with the dream and find out what happens next.
    On the subject of Quorn, below is an extract from Wikipedia which may be of some help. I eat it because I dislike kitchens and hate cooking, which bores me to distraction, and Quorn is fast and easy to prepare.

Quorn is the leading brand of mycoprotein food product in the UK and Ireland.[1] The mycoprotein used to produce Quorn is extracted from a fungus, Fusarium venenatum, which is grown in large vats.[2]

Quorn is produced as both a cooking ingredient and a range of ready meals. It is sold (largely in Europe, but also in other parts of the world) as a health food and an alternative to meat, earning the Vegetarian Society's seal of approval.[3] As it uses egg white as a binder, it is not a vegan food.

Ha, here's me get excited about the weather and today is completely dull and threatens rain.

I'm not having breakfast today, aside from a little juice, as I pretty much feasted last night having gone for a curry and hoovered up.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    Ha, here's me get excited about the weather and today is completely dull and threatens rain.

I'm not having breakfast today, aside from a little juice, as I pretty much feasted last night having gone for a curry and hoovered up.
    I'm just sitting here picking at a bowl of cashews nuts and, speaking of breakfast, it's time fixed up something for myself. Toast and tea I think.

Blog Entries
    About to have a cup of black vanilla tea. Yum.

Just about to smash, I mean sip, a couple of Sierra Nevada Pale Ales. My local Tesco has done a new line of them which is a bonus. Currently finishing a Badger beer. I've been drinking quite a lot of late, more than usual, because after all I am on holiday; have to make every day count!

"Another beer Mr Neely?"

"I don't mind if I do."

I have to say I am very impressed with Bulmers new crisp blend. As a mass produced sort of cider this is pretty good. Champagne-like lightness and flavour! Seriously, try it.