Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 287 of 305 FirstFirst ... 187237277282283284285286287288289290291292297 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4575

Thread: What are you eating/drinking right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    I had to go out and buy a mouse as my other one had packed up. So I popped into a Wetherspoons for a pint or two which has determined my alcohol intake for this evening; which consists of a bottle of Soave to go with my Italian ready made salad that has a sachet of some kind of dressing which is very tangy and certainly livens up the food. I am just starting on some Vintage Cheddar & Onion Chutney flavour crisps.
    There are many things in that post that are wrong. As it is party time I'm not going to beat you up about it...this time...

Currently I'm just finishing off my Kopparbergs at home after saying goodbye to some good work friends that I'll never see again. Joy and sadness entwined together, definitely. (I don't know what that blue thing is about but it sort of sums up my feelings...sigh...)

Never mind, onwards and upwards and all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    There are many things in that post that are wrong. As it is party time I'm not going to beat you up about it...this time...

Currently I'm just finishing off my Kopparbergs at home after saying goodbye to some good work friends that I'll never see again. Joy and sadness entwined together, definitely. (I don't know what that blue thing is about but it sort of sums up my feelings...sigh...)

Never mind, onwards and upwards and all of that.
    I have just re-read it and whilst syntactically it may be a little clumsy, I thought I had got the message across. However, I have decided to stop eating crisps for a while as they are incredibly fattening. So I have just eaten a small pizza and will be cutting out the strong lager also; relying on Carlsberg Export rather than the Special Brew. I have now poured the first of two and will be following them with some brandy and coca cola.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

I have just re-read it and whilst syntactically it may be a little clumsy, I thought I had got the message across. However, I have decided to stop eating crisps for a while as they are incredibly fattening. So I have just eaten a small pizza and will be cutting out the strong lager also; relying on Carlsberg Export rather than the Special Brew. I have now poured the first of two and will be following them with some brandy and coca cola.
    There is still a big tut tut in that, however, I will let you off, this time only...

Just finishing my bottle of champagne after my graduation!!! It's been a good day. I could certainly get used to champagne every day and being the centre of attention; it is the way it should be.

Neely is the best!!!

There is still a big tut tut in that, however, I will let you off, this time only...

Just finishing my bottle of champagne after my graduation!!! It's been a good day. I could certainly get used to champagne every day and being the centre of attention; it is the way it should be.

Neely is the best!!!
    Congrats on the graduation Neely, I'm not surprised you were the centre of attention following your long-standing contributions to LitNet. When we come to the question as to whether Neely is the best however, this requires some thinking about. OK I've thought about it and all I can say is that Neely is the best.
    Enjoy the Champagne for as long as it lasts.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Congrats on the graduation Neely, I'm not surprised you were the centre of attention following your long-standing contributions to LitNet. When we come to the question as to whether Neely is the best however, this requires some thinking about. OK I've thought about it and all I can say is that Neely is the best.
    Enjoy the Champagne for as long as it lasts.
    Thanks a lot. After three days of eating and drinking out I'm off for an earlier night. Hence the fruit juice I'm currently drinking.

Ha, I wasn't talking about syntax and you know that. I was talking about the food and drink products and withered establishments. Never mind. I must also advice that cutting out crisps for pizza in regards to reducing fat intake is probably not the best move too.

Thanks a lot. After three days of eating and drinking out I'm off for an earlier night. Hence the fruit juice I'm currently drinking.

Ha, I wasn't talking about syntax and you know that. I was talking about the food and drink products and withered establishments. Never mind. I must also advice that cutting out crisps for pizza in regards to reducing fat intake is probably not the best move too.
    Tonight I'm back on spaghetti, and because my local store didn't have any Chianti, I have been drinking Sangiovese which is also for pasta dishes and very good it is too. Bye the bye, you probably noticed the closure of the NotW thread. By the time I switched on it was already closed but, as I said, the moderators must have the final say. It's a pity though, because the story still has some way to go.

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar

Neely is the best!!!
    Congartulations Neely !!
    You are the best and let me tell ya, the Dreary Beery is celebrating.
    At this moment Rusty Springs and Dusty Rhodes are doing a tango on top of the bar.
    In your honor, I just popped open a bottle of this:

"Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Congartulations Neely !!
    You are the best and let me tell ya, the Dreary Beery is celebrating.
    At this moment Rusty Springs and Dusty Rhodes are doing a tango on top of the bar.
    In your honor, I just popped open a bottle of this:
    Thanks Gilliatt much appreciated. We've had a very busy couple of weeks a wedding in Northern Ireland, a birthday, an anniversary, my silly hat day, works leaving dos, planning for a short break away and so on and on. I'm not complaining mind, but be glad to slow things down a bit.

Tonight I'm back on spaghetti, and because my local store didn't have any Chianti, I have been drinking Sangiovese which is also for pasta dishes and very good it is too. Bye the bye, you probably noticed the closure of the NotW thread. By the time I switched on it was already closed but, as I said, the moderators must have the final say. It's a pity though, because the story still has some way to go.
    Yes I noticed the thread was closed which I'm not very happy about because it was a good place to go to get all the latest info. As we predicted at the start it seems to have now spread to The Mirror group papers but they seem to be doing a good job of repressing the story, it's not even on the front page of Guardian online.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-morgan-mirror

There's another one I can't stand Piers Morgan. He's done well for himself outside of the papers as well and taking on America with those silly voting shows I understand. America is welcome to him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/21/wo...?_r=1&src=recg

It is clear that the rot is spread so far and wide. It's going to be difficult for them to burry it all but they'll manage it. There's a new football season coming along soon and I sense the general public are beginning to get a little bored of the scandal already. It has given people a glimpse of just how bent and corrupt the power systems are and how they operate, but the machine will be up and running again soon, even if it's taken a minor hit from which it might have to sacrifice a few victims.

Anyway, I'm going to grab a light breakfast of tea and toast.

Thanks Gilliatt much appreciated. We've had a very busy couple of weeks a wedding in Northern Ireland, a birthday, an anniversary, my silly hat day, works leaving dos, planning for a short break away and so on and on. I'm not complaining mind, but be glad to slow things down a bit.

Yes I noticed the thread was closed which I'm not very happy about because it was a good place to go to get all the latest info. As we predicted at the start it seems to have now spread to The Mirror group papers but they seem to be doing a good job of repressing the story, it's not even on the front page of Guardian online.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...-morgan-mirror

There's another one I can't stand Piers Morgan. He's done well for himself outside of the papers as well and taking on America with those silly voting shows I understand. America is welcome to him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/21/wo...?_r=1&src=recg

It is clear that the rot is spread so far and wide. It's going to be difficult for them to burry it all but they'll manage it. There's a new football season coming along soon and I sense the general public are beginning to get a little bored of the scandal already. It has given people a glimpse of just how bent and corrupt the power systems are and how they operate, but the machine will be up and running again soon, even if it's taken a minor hit from which it might have to sacrifice a few victims.

Anyway, I'm going to grab a light breakfast of tea and toast.
    Getting used to doing without crisps and drinking 5% vol lager. with cashew nuts to accompany.
    The Guardian and NY Times articles show the extent of phone hacking but it's largely hearsay and wouldn't stand up in court unless it were backed with investigative proof. I was interested to see the following in the NY Times, which must be the most rhetorical question of the century:

Could the Murdoch hacking scandal be a symbol of something more — a society that has lost its way?

A Mega Lolly.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Could the Murdoch hacking scandal be a symbol of something more — a society that has lost its way?
    Yes what dreadful nonsense.

I've got a better one:

Could the Murdoch hacking scandal be a symbol of the abuse of power and our corrupt political system?

Anyway. Yesterday Me and Mrs Neely went out for an anniversary meal. (Over 10 years by the way!!!). I booked us a meal early (6.00pm) in this restaurant we have been in before, contemporary British, a quiet sort of place but it does sit on the top of a bar overlooking a sort of complex of buildings - oh I can give you a link??? I booked early because the evil one wanted to go and see a film (don't ask).

http://www.23barandrestaurant.co.uk/

It's not bad. I enjoyed the food last time so we went there. Unfortunately I didn't account for the Tramlines music festival which meant that town was heaving with thousands of people crowding the streets listening to the free music. This meant that we were sat in an empty restaurant (because of the time) looking down on a big gay rave* that was happening outside with drunken gays and nesbits throwing themselves all over the place when I was trying to enjoy my Thai fishcakes starter and have a nice peaceful meal. Suffice to say that it didn't happen. And we had to fight ourselves through that lot just to get in. It was at that point that we should have gone elsewhere but never mind - should have run a mile. Mrs Neely enjoyed looking out of the window people watching, but didn't like the food; I enjoyed the food, but was put off by the big gay rave out of the window. It just goes to show that you can't have it all.

Currently finishing off a little Gaymers pear cider, not the best drink in the world but my brother wanted to go halves on a case so I agreed. It's cold and somewhat refreshing at least.

* Of course I am far from homophobic but I don't want to be listening to, or watching, a gay/straight or otherwise rave under any circumstances, but especially not when I was trying to eat in peace...
    Last edited by LitNetIsGreat; 07-24-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by papayahed View Post
    A Mega Lolly.
    Wow! How do you contain the excitement?

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Coffee and corn nuts.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Yes what dreadful nonsense.

I've got a better one:

Could the Murdoch hacking scandal be a symbol of the abuse of power and our corrupt political system?

Anyway. Yesterday Me and Mrs Neely went out for an anniversary meal. (Over 10 years by the way!!!). I booked us a meal early (6.00pm) in this restaurant we have been in before, contemporary British, a quiet sort of place but it does sit on the top of a bar overlooking a sort of complex of buildings - oh I can give you a link??? I booked early because the evil one wanted to go and see a film (don't ask).

http://www.23barandrestaurant.co.uk/

It's not bad. I enjoyed the food last time so we went there. Unfortunately I didn't account for the Tramlines music festival which meant that town was heaving with thousands of people crowding the streets listening to the free music. This meant that we were sat in an empty restaurant (because of the time) looking down on a big gay rave* that was happening outside with drunken gays and nesbits throwing themselves all over the place when I was trying to enjoy my Thai fishcakes starter and have a nice peaceful meal. Suffice to say that it didn't happen. And we had to fight ourselves through that lot just to get in. It was at that point that we should have gone elsewhere but never mind - should have run a mile. Mrs Neely enjoyed looking out of the window people watching, but didn't like the food; I enjoyed the food, but was put off by the big gay rave out of the window. It just goes to show that you can't have it all.

Currently finishing off a little Gaymers pear cider, not the best drink in the world but my brother wanted to go halves on a case so I agreed. It's cold and somewhat refreshing at least.

* Of course I am far from homophobic but I don't want to be listening to, or watching, a gay/straight or otherwise rave under any circumstances, but especially not when I was trying to eat in peace...
    Today's long-awaited nice weather found me in a part of London where the weight of money keeps the nesbits at bay and it was very nice to be able to read a newspaper in civilised surroundings with a couple of beers. I really sympathise with your plight over the woofters (can't be bothered to write homosexuals ) but it's all grist to the mill.
    Now what's this about buying a case of cider? I didn't know it was sold in such quantity but, when it comes to the fermented apple juice, you are well ahead of the game than I am.

Today's long-awaited nice weather found me in a part of London where the weight of money keeps the nesbits at bay and it was very nice to be able to read a newspaper in civilised surroundings with a couple of beers. I really sympathise with your plight over the woofters (can't be bothered to write homosexuals ) but it's all grist to the mill.
    Now what's this about buying a case of cider? I didn't know it was sold in such quantity but, when it comes to the fermented apple juice, you are well ahead of the game than I am.
    Yes I like to bike around and escape the nesbits as well. It's amazing how a change of surrounding actually makes you feel.

Oh yes. The shop around the corner hardly bothers with individual beers/cans and instead (knowing the clients too well) justs sell in 6/12/15+ packs of lager, bitter and cider. Stella for example is on offer 2x15 bottle packs for £16. I found myself buying another cider pack. Thirsty stuff the tennis lark.