Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 256 of 305 FirstFirst ... 156206246251252253254255256257258259260261266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4575

Thread: What are you eating/drinking right now?

I'm going in for a Hobgoblin in a minute. I need a beer as I'm in a ratty mood. Wife.

I'm drinking it now; I'm calm now.
    Last edited by LitNetIsGreat; 11-30-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    I'm going in for a Hobgoblin in a minute. I need a beer as I'm in a ratty mood. Wife.

I'm drinking it now; I'm calm now.
    Glad to see that the Hobgoblin produced the necessary calm but what does the wife drink to smooth over the less than blissful matrimonial moments?

For my part, I have had my egg salad and am drinking a white Haut-Poitou 2007 from the Loire valley which is rendered slightly suspect by the label which reads: A gorgeous wine, great on its own, with friends, fish, chicken and sunshine. It is also described as having vibrant gooseberry and pungent asparagus flavours. One wine that I hope doesn't live up to its reputation.
    Last edited by Emil Miller; 11-30-2010 at 07:08 PM.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bean View Post
    Glad to see that the Hobgoblin produced the necessary calm but what does the wife drink to smooth over the less than blissful matrimonial moments?

For my part, I have had my egg salad and am drinking a white Haut-Poitou 2007 from the Loire valley which is rendered slightly suspect by the label which reads: A gorgeous wine, great on its own, with friends, fish, chicken and sunshine. It is also described as having vibrant gooseberry and pungent asparagus flavours. One wine that I hope doesn't live up to its reputation.
    Oh my wife has no taste at all, barbarian, she drinks diet coke constantly, horrid, horrid stuff.

Wow, that label would have sold it to me. I've learnt not to read the wine labels, I avoid wine altogether because of it, I'm just not good with picking wine or that good the next day with it.

With beer I know my field. I wouldn't say that I was an expert, but I know my stuff to get by pretty well. Certainly wines have "posher" sounding names, "Haut-Poitou 2007" from the "Loire Valley" (would have already bought it at this point, if only to dream of France) sounds better than "Hobgoblin" or "Weston's Organic Cider" (which is what I am drinking now) but I know my ground with the ale and I like it.

I've just finished off the wedge end of one of my glorious loaves with a fair helping of best strawberry jam - yum's the word!

I'll have to drop you a line about the history stuff and your book, it sounds interesting and I'm interested!

Oh, by the way, my pathetic attempt at drinking spirits didn't result in me being sick thankfully. However, it is an experiment I will not be repeating -unless it is with Whiskey and a lot of Ginger Ale with ice, a usual Christmas treat. Rum however, is fully off the menu.

LOL i haven't eaten anything since lunchtime yesterday ... but I had orange juice for dinner, if that counts. oh yeah, and a tic tac for brekkie - yum.
    Louis: My God! The Dukes are going to corner the entire frozen orange juice market!
    Ophelia: Unless somebody stops them...
    Coleman: ...or beats them to it.
    [all turn and look at him]
    Coleman: Egg-nog?

I am currently eating a honey bun, and drinking good ol' water.
    I am the music floating free, I am the puppet trapped in the box... I am the cascades flowing tranquilly, I am the lava bursting from the mouth of the volcano... I am the rose blooming in a winter storm, I am the frost-bite on your finger in June... I am knowledge, I am ignorance... I am full of likenesses, I am full of contradictions.

~Me

Blog Entries
    I'm drinking an unnameable caffeinated cola beverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Silas Thorne View Post
    I'm drinking an unnameable caffeinated cola beverage.
    Are you drinking it to stay awake? Caffeine does nothing to keep me awake, it just makes me sleepier. - drinking my water, and eating cheetos-
    I am the music floating free, I am the puppet trapped in the box... I am the cascades flowing tranquilly, I am the lava bursting from the mouth of the volcano... I am the rose blooming in a winter storm, I am the frost-bite on your finger in June... I am knowledge, I am ignorance... I am full of likenesses, I am full of contradictions.

~Me

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    'erby turkey' and fake mash...
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

I am eating a packet of Thai Sweet Chilli crisps and drinking a couple of beers following a plate of Amoy medium noodles.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    Tea!.... and crisps.

There's a lot of crisp eating going on tonight... I'm just finishing off the last of the Hobgoblin then I've got to decide between another beer or bed?

Edit: oh bed I think, I've just eyed the time.

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Potato pancakes, hard boiled eggs, salad.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Blog Entries
    Mac n' cheese & water. Can't wait for payday so I can go grocery shopping.

I'm eating a sliced pear at the moment. I can't remember buying any pears though, my dad must have brought it round.

For tonight's little drink I have the option between Spitfire (Shepherds Neame) or Golden Glory (Badger Brewery), both cracking English ales. The Spitfire was launched in 1990 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Battle of Britain and due to its popularity became the flagship beer of the brewery. In fact it is now one of the most widely available and best selling real ales in the country. It's got a lovely sharp malt flavour tang to it. Here is the tasting note from the website:

An infusion of three Kentish hops adorns this beautifully balanced, blood-orange tinted British bitter with an acutely aromatic allure. Hints of marmalade, red grapes and pepper are thrust from a springboard of warm, mellow malts. The floating fruity finish signs off with a smidgen of spice and raspberry.
    I must admit I can't trace any element of raspberry or spice in there, just a strong malty tang. Fair beer.

Golden Glory is another popular beer from the super Badger Brewery based in Dorset. It's full of peach flavour (as it is given a peach infusion!) summer in a glass. One drawback is that the peach can overwhelm after a while, you are OK with one though.

So, it is one of these, maybe them both. I will probably have to go with the Spitfire first because the hugely dominant peach of the other will over-power the malty Spitfire brew. This is my favourite part of the day.

I have in front of me two packets,one is of Roasted Salted Cashew nuts and the other Japanese Rice Crackers. they have bneen emptied into a bowl and mixed. On my right hand stands a bottle of red wine Minervois 2008 Cuvee Speciale from Le Pressoir. C'est tres potable mais, comme les plupart des vins Francaise, ils ont tendance à induire une fatigue. Or to put it another way, it looks like an early night for me.
    Last edited by Emil Miller; 12-02-2010 at 05:57 PM.