Hello,

I am new here, due to a recent broken femur i have been writing a short story day to day and upload weekly/bi-weekly updates to it when i feel the piece is acceptable. My friends asked me to upload this to forums and receive input being they greatly enjoy my work thus far.

Please tell me what you think and be honest, i don't really have a classification on what type of piece im writing just simply pouring apart of myself into written form.

**My name is Steven, and this is a story.**

Part 1, Rise or Fall.

"My life is ending, the answer to my obsession is soon", repeating to himself as the air escapes his lungs. Every breath unattainable, every blink separates the light with serene darkness... "I'm finally going to die, this is really it... "

Not caring to waste precious moments left with any type of historical thought or emotion, he focuses on a singularity. Hope. Simply hope of something greater then what he has lived. Hope to see her again and hope that nobody will remember him. The thing that makes mankind truly unique and revered; is belief in what cannot be seen or proven. Purely the awareness of something greater then oneself. Putting faith into the empirical universe that the next step into another reality will pay off as he continues to accept this.

His thoughts grow with darkness as his vision goes to complete absence. The light which he can no longer perceive is not important when compared to the illumination of hope he has deep within his resolve. Putting his life into simple terms so it could be easily taken wasn't difficult. It was a long time coming since the only person who mattered paved this path with the same last resort. He at last, could feel content.

The chair once holding him to life now kicked over. He dangles weightless by a rope tied to his studio's support beam wrapped forever around his neck. The grip of death now tight and only proving to be everlasting. He dies, and one last twitch expels every bit of energy left within him. Its dark, just absent with its completeness. His hope fades with his chance for life being an equally filled cup. Half empty or half full, neither of these matter now.

**THUD!**

Darkness still remaining, total confusion explodes to reality. The completeness of physical death short lived, he is able to compose thoughts again... "What was that sound...?" Glowing vision shrouds the darkness with light now, and he stares awake at his feet suspended inches above his face. "Why am i laying down, and why did that hurt?" He rolls sideways and slowly rises to stand. A smile curls among his lips, he stands in front of himself now. He is dead dangling and yet alive standing. One physical the other spiritual. The darkness of his action is nothing to the light of his hope being proven right. Looking down at his hands and progressing down his body for inspection. Everything the same including his clothing to his shock. His gazing progresses back to the physical version. Nothing different between the two forms of himself, including the smile on both their faces.

Part 2, Burning Inferno

Questions, enigmas, confusion. The pure luminescence of his hope now out shined by incredible clarity and depth, he is paralyzed with awakening. Feeling this new form of himself, he looks from the previous life into his new reality. Objects within this studio now show a dullness within a glow. Everything is feeding energy and coursing into other items as if connected by a spiritual pulse. The materials among the room have constant fissures of light that emit with purpose and accuracy into others. "What... what could this possibly be... its so amazing..." he whispers so softly, hoping to not disturb the living light spectacle. Gradually falling to the floor he sits and observes. The sheer serenity of these push and pulls of life captivate him so deeply that time and all memory merge into nothing more then obstacles from the elegance he perceives.

Reality is what you make it to be; it is how your limited life experiences energize with your unique views and thoughts. It is how you grow with each breath of air and rhythmic beat of your limited heart. In this form, that life was simply the first section in a incomplete sequence. Sitting dazed in the second half of this process, he is lost. Everything his physical body and mind knew didn't make sense now. The resolve so complete as to take his life currently shaken greatly by the sheer moments of this after life, he rises. Taking steps gently across the floor of his studio, he walks past the dangling reminder of his final choice. He proceeds cautiously due to this new truth and is stricken with fear for ignorance of it all. Peering out his top floor window, it is exactly that. A window from his old life into this new mystery.

The scenery is everything he knew it to be in physical life and vastly more. Everything is layered with this unspeakably beautiful glow, energy, and reactive movements. Like the stacked pages in a book, every part of our life is built upon with great detail and height. Our current landscape simply used as foundations to spiritual growth with design perfection.

This is the end of part 2, Im working on this a little everyday but sadly i find my words failing to convey my thoughts correctly. This section was intended to build a scenery with great intensity... Part 3 will include the girl he died hoping to see and also show a divine appearance for my nameless, now dead, hero.

Part 3, Die With Me. (in Process)