Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 52 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: Lit-Net Member Interviews

Blog Entries

Lit-Net Member Interviews

Welcome to this new feature brought to you by the Lit-Net Town Crier.

The Member Interview

In this new feature members of the Literature Network will be interviewed. The goal is to get to know our fellow members a little better. The original concept is by Nightshade and Pensive, who operate the Towncrier news agency. The idea is to have lit-net members interviewed at a somewhat regular basis, these members are chosen based on very strict selection criteria, as you have to be a member to apply for an interview.

General Information
    The first post in the thread will have a list of the people that are interviewed, including a link to the interview.

Interview nominations
    It is possible to nominate yourself or anyone else for an interview; however, all interviews are on a voluntary basis and as such it depends on the willingness of the person you have nominated whether it will proceed. Please do not give more than one suggestion at a time. Only the first nomination per member will be considered, so choose carefully who you would like to see interviewed.
    The final decision as to who will be interviewed is up to the Lit-Net Town crier board of interviewers.
    The Nominations are to be done by PM, so as not to clog up the thread with suggestions and such. Please contact either me or Pensive.

Schedule
    There will be no complete schedule posted, however who the next person is that will be interviewed shall be posted a few days in advance.

Questions
    It will be possible to suggest questions for the person via PM. These questions will then be reviewed by the interviewer, and might find their way into the interview. Editors reserve the right to alter questions to better fit the interview, the original meaning will be reserved as much as possible.

List of interviews:
    Mono
    Logos
    Pendragon
    Papayahed
    Robinhood3000 Part I, part II
    Virgil Part I, Part II
    Subterranean Part I, Part II
    Admin Part I, Part II
    Jay Part I, Part II
    Taliesin Part I, Part II
    Nightshade Part I, Part II, Part III
    AimusSage Part I, Part II
    KathyCF
    Koa
    Last edited by AimusSage; 09-18-2007 at 05:42 PM.
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

Can we nominate people that we want interviewed?
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    The first interview is with Mono. I think we all know him as a very kind and intelligent member of the Lit-net, and after long debating it was decided that we would kick of the member interview series with him, also because he recently accomplished something admirable.

----
    So, I present you, our member interview with Mono:

Introduction

1. How are you today?
    Quite well, but suffering from some seasonal allergies.

2. What is your (user) name?
    mono

3. How did you decide on your username?
    Contrary to what others may think (such as from infectious mononucleosis, monolith, or one of my favorite musical groups, Mono), I derived the name from a Unitarian concept of thought and oneness.

4. Why did you initially join the lit-net?
    I originally arrived at the site, searching for the works, essays, and biography of Virginia Woolf; needless to say, I found more, and joined the forum not long after frequenting the site.

5. What would you say is the best aspect of the forum?
    Among others things, I admire the diversity of thought, and how most forum members can maintain a sense of respect and reverence for such subjectivity and uniquity.

Personal Questions

6. What do you do in real life? Student, work?
    I very recently graduated from nursing school, and have already earned a job at a local intensive care unit (ICU).

7. Could you tell us a little more about what you do?
    Unfortunately, I cannot begin working until obtaining the results of my state licensure exam, but intend on working as an RN very soon. Though not an official occupation, I very frequently write, too – primarily poetry, plays, and music.

8. Would you to tell us a bit about your various hobbies?
    Reading and writing (of course), bicycling, walking, wandering around nature and other scenic areas, thinking, spending time with family and friends, listening to music, and attending stage-plays and films.

9. Do you like sports, if so do you play sports yourself?
    I do not necessarily dislike sports, but cannot say that I especially enjoy them. As a child and young teenager, I loved baseball, and even played as a pitcher, but have since faded from that hobby.

10. Do you like to travel?
    Unfortunately, I have travelled very little, and never internationally. What I have seen, however, I have loved greatly, and intend on travelling more in the near future.

11. Which countries have you visited? And which ones would you really like to visit someday?
    Never having travelled internationally, I have only wandered about my country, the United States.

12. What about your own country? What do you like about where you live?
    The United States, seeming a fairly large country, has quite a considerable amount of various sub-groups and culture (or lack thereof). In my city, Portland, Oregon, I particularly love the nature and scenic areas (even in the middle of the city), the vast amounts of art and artists, the diversity, and overall peace of the city.

13. Do you have a personal hero, or someone you look up to?
    I have no individual hero, but often look up to, or admire, anyone for specific attributes and aspects.

14. Now, for all the singles of the Lit-net, marital status?
    Single, indeed.

Favourites

15. We can’t have an interview on a literature site without asking the obvious questions, so who is your favourite author?

Tough question, but here goes . . . Since I cannot narrow my favorite author to one, my favorite exists somewhere between William Shakespeare, D.H. Lawrence, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, Oscar Wilde, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Leo Tolstoy, Alexander Pushkin, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, Virginia Woolf, Sylvia Plath, the Brontë sisters, Jane Austen, George Eliot, Gustave Flaubert, Giovanni Boccaccio, James Joyce, Henry James, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Gabriel García Márquez, Mark Twain, O. Henry, Guy de Maupassant, Zora Neale Hurston, Arthur Miller, and various philosophers and thinkers.
    If I included favorite poets, my list would extend immensely longer.

16. And your favourite book?
    Also difficult to answer, but anything written by favorite authors above.

17. What kind of music do you enjoy?
    Depending on my mood, it can range from classical and blues/jazz to alternative rock, acoustic rock, and electronica.

18. Which are your favourite bands/singers/composers/etc?
    In classical, Frédéric Chopin, Claude Debussy, Pyotr Tchaikovsky, Antonio Vivaldi, Edvard Grieg, Johann Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner, Samuel Barber, Johannes Brahms, Franz Schubert; among other trends in music, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Nick Cave and the Badseeds, Björk, Travis, Azure Ray, Fiona Apple, Mono, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fears, Led Zeppelin, Nine Inch Nails, Starsailor, Bob Dylan, and Tori Amos.

19. Tell us something about your favourite movie.
    Though I have many favorites, most of them often have elements of suspense, dark humor, not-so-ridiculous romance, mystery, psychology, twists-of-plot, and an overall good storyline.

20.Your favourite game in the Games sub-forum?
    Either ‘Book Title Game,’ ‘Ask The Person Below You,’ or ‘Would You?’

21. Amazons or Dastardly Stans?
    Peace.

22. Any other favourites we should know about?
    In terms of the forum, I spend a lot of time around the ‘Poems, Poetry, and Poets’ section.

And now, the most important question of them all

23. How do you like your turnips?
    Chopped or sliced, simmered, and mixed with green vegetables.

I would like to thank Mono for a wonderful Interview, and wish him all the best in his future profession

And thank you, too, Aimus. Trying to maintain all modesty, I suddenly feel so famous!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by papayahed
    Can we nominate people that we want interviewed?
    It is possible to nominate people, however, the interviews are voluntary and as such it depends on the willingness of the one who is nominated whether the interview will proceed.

Also, please do not nominate people in this thread as to keep it focussed on the interviews themselves. If you would like to nominate someone, tell me or Pensive in a PM, and we will see if it is possible to fit the member in the schedule.

Can we have a schedule and perhaps write in questions?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by papayahed
    Can we have a schedule and perhaps write in questions?
    Thank you for your suggestions. I will take them into consideration, but I think they have a good chance of being implemented.

Should I delete my posts, they seem to be mucking up this thread?

Blog Entries
    I don't think that'll be necessary. I intend to keep it structured, but a few posts don't matter.

If grace is an ocean... grace86's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is an awesome idea, being the curious little booger I am. Papaya, you're so cute "Should I delete my posts."
    "So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way....He loves us..."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5xXowT4eJjY

Thanks guys I am glad that you liked the idea and this new feature of LitNet Crier. A few days ago, I felt that LitNet Crier is being deserted, why not start something fun and then credit goes to AimusSage for writing this stuff and organizing it.

Three Cheers for him!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    Fabulous idea. I loved the interview.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Very Cool.

Seeker of Knowledge Shannanigan's Avatar
    St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands...that's in the Caribbean for you lost ones...
    Blog Entries
    Wonderful idea and first interview! I didn't know you were in Portland, Mono! I visited there for the first time recently and I have to admit it must be one of the most beautiful cities I have ever been to. I envy you Kinda wish I had known before I had gone so that I could have held a faint hope of running into you (stifling a giggle). Congratulations on your graduation and new job, by the way!
    You learn more about a road by travelling it than by consulting all of the maps in the world.

amazing idea!

Mono u r already famouse, but I thought u r a nice female!there is something about the name! isn't more feminene?

sorry about that

Page 1 of 52 1234561151 ... LastLast