I would like to know your opinions. It's for my finals. It's like a in-class essay. The teacher gave us 5 topics, and she's going to choose one for the final.
1. support or refute the following statement: Juliet is more heroic and mature than Romeo. Be sure to cite specific examples.
Personally i think Romeo is pretty immmature. He kills Tybalt, and he fall in and out of love so quickly. he's not patient like in the tomb... if he did wait a little, he and Juliet wouldn't have died...
2. Write what caused the tragedy of Romeo and Juliet. Do you believe it was due to fate, or to human errors? Use specific examples of actions and/or dialogue from the text to support your answer.
i think it is fate. like how they met. friar John didn't get the mesage in time. Romeo killed himself right before Juliet woke up.
3. Romeo and Juliet do not act with caution and patience and wisdom. They act on impulse and haste. In an essay, tell what you think Romeo and Juliet should have done in at least three different points of the play, but failed to do. Be sure to give specific details to support your position.
they shouldnt have taken their time in the relashionship .and then romeo shouldnt have killed tybalt. In the tomb, he should have waited.
4. Compare and contrast the characters of Mercutio and the Nurse. The Nurse and Mercutio both have practical, earthy views of life. Both enjoy a joke, and both bring comedy to the play. But they are also totally different. How are Mercutio and the Nurse different in their values and loyalty? Be sure to draw on specific actions or dialogue to support your answer.
I dont really know this one.
5. Analyze Shakespeare’s use of Dramatic Irony throughout Romeo and Juliet. Be sure to include the specific scenes where the technique is used and explain the impact it has on the audience/reader.
i hope she doesn't pick this one. for those who doesn't know, dramatic irony is like when the reader find something revelent/important that the characters misses...
...maybe when there's the play of words, like with juliet and paris. the first time they met at friar's.
Please tell me what you think!
Thanks you soooo much!