Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Habbits or problems which you want to over-come.

Your Habits or problems which you want to over-come.

This kind of topic might have been discussed but I was too lazy to search out.

What are the things you dislike about yourself? I dislike many things in myself which are mainly:

First of all is my Curiousity and Talkative Nature: I can never keep myself silent and if I can't find the answer of a question, I can not sleep at nights.

Second is my depression to pretending: I hate hypocrisy and I hate to pretend what I am not and I hate it when people very close to me, even they pretend themselves. This makes me really very sad but that is the way world is, perhaps....

Third problem is my laughing: I laugh a lot. I can't help myself from doing so. Sometimes, I laugh even when I don't mean it. Once in the class I started to laugh, my friend saw me and she also started laughing and the teacher slapped her. This made me so much ashamed of myself. All happened because of me, because I laughed. I don't know that how I can stop myself from laughing so much.

My Fourth problem is that when I am busy in something specially in reading a book or doing my paper, I hear nothing and I become a kind of absorbed in that thing. Once in examination hall, teacher came and changed the question. Everyone was alert and changed their questions but I was abosrbed in doing paper and did not hear teacher's shouting. And the result was my less marks.

So many problems, man I don't know how I am going to live this life? *frowns*
    Last edited by Pensive; 06-22-2006 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    Pensive!

I'm a bit too dreamy....

And the gates of this Chapel were shut,
    And Thou shalt not, writ over the door:
    So I turned to the Garden of Love,
    That so many sweet flowers bore. - "The Garden of Love", William Blake.

Dreams are a sign of good health so they should not be that bad.

Blog Entries
    not when most of your time's spent day dreaming... it becomes a fantastical.. unrealistic world...

And the gates of this Chapel were shut,
    And Thou shalt not, writ over the door:
    So I turned to the Garden of Love,
    That so many sweet flowers bore. - "The Garden of Love", William Blake.

Blog Entries
    I tend to think about my past too much, also I am very opinionated. I also get extremely anxious and depressed, which at times interferes with being a functional person. Plus, I tend to have a bad temper, and it takes me a long time to calm down when I get upset. I could go on because there are so many other things, but...oh well.

I guess some of the things we dislike about ourselves seem so bad to us, but maybe not so bad to others. Sometimes other people may have a perspective on us that we lack. Pensive, you may have felt bad about your friend getting slapped, but that makes me think you have a concern for other people and a conscience. Smilingtearz, you seem imaginative, which can be a very good trait, if you found a balance between "daydreaming" and being active.
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Blog Entries
    Our problem no 1: we are unable to see our flaws.

Other than that, we have no problems.
    If you believe even a half of this post, you are severely mistaken.

I have a lot of trust issues and tend to be emotionally aloof with those close to me, I suppose the two things go hand in hand really, always protecting myself from disappointment in every form. Another aspect to the trust thing that I don't even trust myself and I have a hard time making decisions because of that, I always assume that whatever I want to do is the wrong thing.

On the upside, I have a fabulous sense of humour and never take myself too seriously.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Just another nerd RobinHood3000's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hero complex, imperceptiveness, egocentrism, unclear definition of limits, tendency to overreact, paranoia, uptight-ness, and the tendency to use the "thumbs-up " sign too much.

Hmm. Looks like I'll have to add "pessimistic" to the list...
    Por una cabeza
    Si ella me olvida
    Qué importa perderme
    Mil veces la vida
    Para qué vivir

Quote Originally Posted by Taliesin
    Our problem no 1: we are unable to see our flaws.

Other than that, we have no problems.
    Ignorance is a bliss.

Better not to know your flaws and they will not irritate you.

Why pester someone for... formality hater's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am aggresive.
    Leaping and hopping like a frog now, but still have a long way to go before I get crowned as "King Frog"!

still waiting to be found amanda_isabel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    great thread pensive!

but really, if i list down all the things i think are flaws in me, then forever isn't enough because my opinions constantly change, which is one of the things i hate. i have a tendency to change my opinion just because of some statement, which is not a good thing because i'm easily swayed and sometimes judge people at the wrong time. apart from that a lot would say i'm very frank, i'm too frank. but that's one thing i don't want to change. maybe i'll lessen it just a little but i'm never going to change it... i guess being frank is just being amanda and without it i'll be a completely different person...

anyway what i'll work on for now is trying to wake up early enough to do everything before school starts. i'm late a lot, which is really not a good thing, especially in the theater. in fact our director is very particular about it and i'm still struggling with trying to come to the required 10 minutes before the call time, especially now that i'm the stage manager... sigh...
    ...don't need therapy to rehabilitate my smile...

http://profiles.friendster.com/6239700

I am quick-tempered, opinionated, egocentric, paranoid, and prone to procrastination. I assume that changing some of these traits would make me a better person, but haven't gotten around to it yet...
    "I may not be better than other people, but at least I'm different."
    --Jean-Jacques Rousseau

what is a cait? thevintagepiper's Avatar
    Competitiveness (though, in a way, I thrive on it)
    Procrastination
    Daydreaming constantly (though of course I like it and am proud of my imagination!)
    Talkativeness

Lately I have been trying to focus on using my time well, and to make conversations turn toward the other conversant instead of myself. It's hard though ^_^
    [rebelution]-[drorings]-[love]

don't fall down.

Blog Entries
    Hero complex, drinking too much, paranoia, a tendancy to skip meals (to the point where I have been asked if I have an eating disorder), a tendancy to stay up too late, somewhat obsessive-compulsive, a habit of chewing my fingernails, a lack of concern for my possible future dependants (according to my friend, anyway), a disdain for money (this gets expensive), a speaking voice that apparently convinces people that I hate them, arrogance, occasional tobacco use, sarcasm, a deficiency of self-repspect.

That is a depressingly long list.
    What is the use of a violent kind of delightfulness if there is no pleasure in not getting tired of it.
    - Gertrude Stein

A washerwoman with her basket; a rook; a red-hot poker; th purples and grey-greens of flowers: some common feeling which held the whole together.
    - Virginia Woolf

I have far too many habits (good and bad) that I could ever possibly overcome in this lifetime. For those who know me well, even on the forum, you know what I mean, no doubt, but thus seems life. I have done well to correct some of my habits, none of which ever affect others to a large or harmful degree, but I have much to conquer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast