Thread: ----> *********************** PLEASE read before posting: updated 19 March 2009 ***

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar

Exclamation ----> *********************** PLEASE read before posting: updated 19 March 2009 ***

The Literature Network Forums welcomes the participation of people from various social, religious, educational, and cultural backgrounds as well as all age groups.

This area of the forums is for the discussion of poetry, whether of a general nature or specific discussions of poet's poems.

--

---> ***This forum is not here for just posting other people's poems, but by all means please share a few lines from poems as part of discussions.*** <---
    Please respect copyright laws of the United States which apply to works published post-1923.

It is not the job of the moderators to explain them to you.

**If thread content or a post is in question as to infringing on copyright, mods will no longer spend the time checking out this information but will most likely just remove said content.**

When you decide to participate in discussions in this section please remember that by contributing here you are opening yourself up to the criticism and opinions of others which might not agree with your own.
    If you want to share your own poems, please post them in the Personal Poetry forum and note that there are rules for that area
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Copyright info:

Please! respect the copyright laws of the United States and/or your own country when posting content to the discussion forums here.

*Anything* published during or after the year 1923 can *not* be posted here in its entirety--be it a story, news item, review, article, essay, novel, poem, or translation etc. etc.

Just because "content"--be it a story, news item, review, article, essay, novel, poem, translation, image, sound file etc. etc. is on another website does not necessarily mean that they have permission to post it, nor do we here.

From the Forum Rules:

5. If you are going to refer to or use content from other sites, authors, or entities, you must include a link or citation for it. You cannot copy and paste entire articles, stories, poems, or etc. from other sites or entities as that is copyright infringement, and contributes nothing to discussion. You should not need more than a few lines, sentences, or maybe a paragraph, to make your point in reference to the topic/discussion. From Copyright.gov ; “Under the fair use doctrine of the U.S. copyright statute, it is permissible to use limited portions of a work including quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports.” Passing off others’ work as your own, whether unintentionally or purposefully, is copyright infringement, and the Literature Network abides by the Copyright Laws of the United States of America and of other countries where applicable.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Blog Entries
    I don't think some people have seen this

If the poet is still alive? please don't post their entire poem(s) here, post a few lines or a stanza as part of a discussion.

If the poem was published after 1923? don't post the entire poem here, just a few lines, maybe a stanza as part of a discussion.

If the poem was translated during or after 1923? don't post the entire translated poem here, just a few lines or a stanza as part of a discussion.

If you post someone's copyrighted work here in its entirety expect it to be edited to a few lines or a stanza "...." with no warning.

If you persist in posting entire copyrighted items your post may be removed altogether, and you may be issued a warning or infraction.

Blog Entries
    Threads or posts that infringe on fair use or copyright will be removed from the forums with no warning/notice.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately I have to *bump* this again to try to get people's attention to this matter.

Some people continue to either be unaware of, or disregard the fact that copyright must be respected here in The Literature Network's forums!

Posts or threads in contrary to this rule will be removed with NO warning or explanation.

Continued disregard to this rule will result in either a temporary or permanent ban from the Forums.

Blog Entries
    The following has been added to the OP of this thread:

**If thread content or a post is in question as to infringing on copyright, mods will no longer spend the time checking out this information but will most likely just remove said content instead.**

Blog Entries
    People continue to post *entire* works by others that are copyright protected.

Please don't make work for the moderators or the owner of the site by doing this.

If you want to discuss a poet, please do but only post a few lines of the specific poem you want to discuss. If it is on the internet somewhere on a legitimate site that *does* have permission to publish it, please provide a link so that members can read the entire poem there.

From the Guardian.co.uk Saturday 8 December 2007.

"You like my poems? So pay for them

Wendy Cope is outraged to find her work all over the internet"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2007...ardianreview14

--

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post

*anything* published during or after the year 1923 can *not* be posted here in its entirety--be it a story, news item, review, article, essay, novel, poem, or translation etc. Etc.

this is a BUMP

--