[QUOTE=combdada;209194]Hello all!
I bumped into this forum when searching for some critical reading on Poe's The tell-tale heart in the net. Amazed by the story, yet failed to get a thorought understanding. How is Poe's own psychology carried in the story? Why is first person narration chosen? What kind of distorted human character is unveiled? Could you please kindly share your understanding with me ? Thanks a lot.
^_^[/QUOT]

The "Tell-tale Story of Edgar Allan Poe is about a murder of an old man by the narrator itself. The narrator don't have specific gender in the story. While the literary technique of Poe was seen in the narration of the murderer, If you have read the story you will noticed that the way the narrator told that the heart of the old man that he had killed is still beating and the way he told the story is a reason of him being insane.. But when you analyze it more carefully the narrator is just stating his own delusion. His guilt was manifested in his way of telling the story. I always thought that the heart beats he hears are more due to his guilty conscience than his 'nervousness' or 'paranoia' and that because he realizes that he cannot live with his crime, he confesses his crime; i.e., to quieten his conscience and find peace again - even though it means he has to go to jail for it.