Thread: Jesus: "I wasn't crucified" - The Gospel of Seth

Post Jesus: "I wasn't crucified" - The Gospel of Seth

In the companion Gospel to the Gospel of Judas, the Christian Gospel of Seth, aka The Second Treatise of the Great Seth, (Adam and Eve's 3rd child), Jesus tells Simon that he wasn't crucified, an impostor was, as he laughed at the mistake from the hills. This is the exact same thing that the Angel Gabriel told the Prophet Muhammad, enshrined in the Koran. This is why the Church Fathers burned every copy in 325 AD at the council of nicaea (they thought). Miraculously someone buried a copy, and it was found by an Egyptian peasant in 1945 in Nag Hammadi.
    The Temple of Love - The World Peace Religion
    http://www.thetempleoflove.com

When and by whom was this gospel written?

I just find it hard to believe in a something that was written a few 100 years after the fact than in something in which the gospels were written 20-50 years after the fact by those who either directly were with Jesus or were friends of those who were directly with Jesus. I mean, the Mormon church says Jesus came over to the America's. I would rather believe in 4 books that all claim the same thing.
    No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.

And what if there are differences between stories of crucifiction of the 4 books?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maineus
    This is why the Church Fathers burned every copy in 325 AD at the council of nicaea (they thought).
    You don't even make sense. Mohammed wasn't even born until 571.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    This 'Gospel of Seth' sounds suspiciously like the plot of Montey Python's Life of Brian.
    What is the use of a violent kind of delightfulness if there is no pleasure in not getting tired of it.
    - Gertrude Stein

A washerwoman with her basket; a rook; a red-hot poker; th purples and grey-greens of flowers: some common feeling which held the whole together.
    - Virginia Woolf

Blog Entries
    and the first three posts of this thread was beginning to sound like that part in "Waiting for Godot" where Vladimir is complaining about the inconsistancy amongst the four evangelists
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...

I see no reason to discredit one 2000-year-old document just because it was recently discovered and goes against the grain of some other 2000 year old documents that a well-organized religion has been feeding us. I'm not saying that the Gospels of Judas or Seth are 100% correct, but can we be sure that those of Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John are? The Christians will surely say they are. As for Virgil's comment about the chronological discrepancies between the prophet Muhammad and the burning at the council of Nicaea, I'm sure that Gabriel could have remembered the details of Jesus’ death over the course of about 600 years enough to tell Muhammad even if the books containing that information had been burned for a couple centuries. I would be interested if more documents turn up that support an alternative account of Jesus’ life. Remember, there is often more than one side of a story. I think we should feel cheated if we were denied any portion of the information regarding the man who is quite possibly the most influential figure in all of human history.

Knight errant
    I have done a quick perusal of what exactly the Nag Hammandi says, and I cannot recall that one. I mean, I could be wrong, but I do not recall that particular line.

However, the Nag Hammandi was damaging enough to the Church - that line would really be the last of their worries. Perhaps Jesus being practically Buddhist would have been. Particularly once they tested it and it dated as one of the oldest Christian documents around.

So we should believe The Da Vinci Code? Of course not, the whole story is a fabrication that is easily refuteable, but even with all the overwhelming evidence, people still believe it. I think this is another example of exactly that. I just dont see the Romans mistakenly killing the wrong person and believe it to be Jesus. And if u argue that we should maybe look into these other books, well what about the Gospel of Thomas, another Gnostic gospel not in the Bible that says that Women must become men to get to Heaven and supposedly Jesus is saying this. But this is 100 percent contrary to anything that people believe Jesus tought. If you hold that standard to one book then u must hold the standard to all.
    No one in the world can alter truth. All we can do is seek it and live it.

Blog Entries
    There's too much to go through here via editing of what is appropriate and what is not, what is insulting and what is not, that the topic wouldn't make sense anymore, so I'm closing it.

*All* of you must remember that what you post here is your interpretation, your opinion, and/or your personal experience. Please keep this in mind when you contribute.

edit: posts have now been removed for insulting content
    Last edited by Logos; 06-05-2006 at 02:11 PM.
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    ◕‿◕ currently reading Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark, Bill Dedman (2013)

"the dogs bark but the caravan moves on" --Arab proverb