Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SLAM Book

SLAM Book

Smashing Lovely And Magnificient Book

SLAM Book is a way to get to know others better. You should try to answer all these questions but if you can't answer some, it is also alright.

~ What is your date of birth and age?
    ~ Where do you live right now?
    ~ How many siblings do/did you have?
    ~ What are your interests?
    ~ Who is your favourite author?
    ~ Which is your favourite book?
    ~ How do you define love?
    ~ Did you ever love someone?
    ~ Do you have a lot of friends?
    ~ What do you think life is?
    ~ Which is your favourite colour?
    ~ What type of dress do you like to wear?
    ~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most?
    ~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think?
    ~ Which song do you like to sing now and then?
    ~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood?
    ~ What do you think about me?

I stole the idea from my cousin. She said that it is a way to get to know off others better. Please try to be as honest as you can! So everyone please also introduce yourself in here!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Is that what its called Ive alway sthought they were called Salam books as in hello and good bye?
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

~ What is your date of birth and age? 08/21/1985
    ~ Where do you live right now? France.
    ~ How many siblings do/did you have? Two older brothers.
    ~ What are your interests? Reading, writing, dancing, singing, walking, sewing and...daydreaming.
    ~ Who is your favourite author? William Shakespeare.
    ~ Which is your favourite book? La Nuit des Temps (aka The Ice People) by René Barjavel.
    ~ How do you define love? With a smile... Tightly embraced...
    ~ Did you ever love someone? Yes.
    ~ Do you have a lot of friends? Not that much but loyal, or so I hope.
    ~ What do you think life is? Endless possibilities.
    ~ Which is your favourite colour? Pale blue, color of the sky on a Spring day.
    ~ What type of dress do you like to wear? All! But let's say Victorian type (I like corsets) and sun dresses.
    ~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? My diploma, new books and travels for free.
    ~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? So they say but I usually sing for myself.
    ~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? I guess it depends of my mood. Today? "Your song", Ewan McGregor.
    ~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? No, silent and sweet. But my brothers...
    ~ What do you think about me? Nice girl, full of life and amazingly clever.
    Last edited by ElizabethSewall; 04-26-2006 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling
    "What else is love but understanding and rejoicing in the fact that another person lives, acts, and experiences otherwise than we do…?"

Is that what its called Ive alway sthought they were called Salam books as in hello and good bye?
    Hehe, nut it is SLAM not Salam. Well it might have some relationship with Salam.

Reading, writing, dancing, singing, walking, sewing and...daydreaming
    Dear Elizabeth, many of us (Literature freaks) share your interest "day-dreaming" in a way. That is something which is found common in bookworms.

Nice girl, full of life and amazingly clever.

Sweet Elizabeth knows how to make one happy.

- Im 34 - a Gemini
    - UK
    - pubs, ... er...mainly pubs
    - I want two - Shakespeare and Bukowski.
    - I don't have a clear 'favourite', 'horses for courses and all that' - if I could only have one book it would be 'The Complete Works...' of course.
    - depends on who you're in love with - and a million other variables!
    - Romantic love? Yes - I love Sarah, who I am with now. I have been 'in love' several times before. All very different experiences - some perhaps closer to lust, some closer to need, some closer to crazy. This is much more pleasant!
    - I used to have - settled down and so it's more quality over quantity now
    - I can't answer that here - I like Elizabeth's answer (see above)
    - to wear? Black - but not exclusively
    - hmmm - lots. I like clothes. At moment - wearing a pair of big, wafty flared cords, an Olive green sventies style short sleeved shirt (by Original Penguin, if you care - half price in sale) and a pair of s****y Gola trainers, which I regret buying (another sale buy, but cheap don't always mean a bargain!), but they'll do - and you can't really see em under me flares.
    - I don't wish for anything material - but if you insist: a bigger house with better garden, a super amazing stereo, a huge CD collection - mine was depleted a few years ago (see question on love) and wasn't that big anyway. I would love thousands. And I know I should MP3 download.
    - Certain songs - I'm not technically brilliant, but got a certain something, you know! Have sung in bands briefly. Which might tell you everything you need to know. Particularly the briefly bit.
    - Had ' She Don't Use Jelly' by The Flaming Lips in my head all day today.
    - more mischievous than naughty - I wasn't malicious, but I got in my fair share of bother as a kid. My teenage years where a little...er...chaotic shall we say!
    - I don't really know - looking at Elizabeth's for inspiration - you seem a nice girl.
    -

Used to be my mommy's tummy. But now i'm not so sure.
    June 27th, '87 ... so I'm 18
    In universityville (U of Waterllo) Canada, but soon I'll be in homeville
    I'm the sixth of seven children. I have a great family
    Dancing, reading, writing, learning, performing.
    Thats a toughy, ... Yeats?
    Thats a toughy too, ... The Old Man and the Sea?
    I'd be glad to write an essay ...
    Yes
    I like the think so.
    A test and a chance.
    Green
    I think a kilt is the closest thing I'll wear to a dress.
    a licence, a car, and, gee its tough to think of materialistic things.
    I like to, I don't think I can, my friends are just nice though.
    Either church songs or Frank Senatra
    I went through phases of being really bad and good
    Pensive? Your one of the highlites of the forum!
    Irish poets, learn your trade!
    -Yeats

Blog Entries
    17th of May, 1985 - I'm 20.
    Vienna
    I like to write, read and take silly pictures
    My No1 changes every few months but my favorites include H. Hesse, A. Pérez-Reverte and Shakespeare
    The „Iliad“
    An inability to imagine separation
    Yes
    Few but close ones
    A trojan horse
    Blue
    I have no idea. I wear any kind of dress as long as it really is a dress per se
    A house in South Tirol, money (so I can buy said house) and money (so I can afford to live in said house)
    Let‘s say I could sing if my voice was trained in any way, since it‘s not I can ... not so much sing as scream. I can do that very loudly, got a great voice volume. My friends have no idea since I would never sing in front of them.
    Whichever comes to mind.
    No
    I like you
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

loquacious cat mrawr
    What is your date of birth and age? 04/08/88 which makes me 17
    Where do you live right now? In Denmark with my mom, when i live with my dad, it's in Indonesia
    How many siblings do/did you have? have one little brother, who is much loved!
    What are your interests? Art, Politics, READING, Writing, DANCING, Active sports.. many things!
    Who is your favourite author? I dislike these questions. currently? Jan Guilou.
    Which is your favourite book? The great Gatsby
    How do you define love? I just do
    Did you ever love someone? I still Do
    Do you have a lot of friends? I have to many aquaintances
    What do you think life is? an intruiguing optimistic thing which i love to explore
    Which is your favourite colour? blue or red
    What type of dress do you like to wear? I don't wear dresses, but usually casual second hand stuff i can buy in our local red cross. I've been described as artsy.
    Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? My IB diploma, money so that i could travel the world, the books in the local library.. (or at least a decent selection of them) (and maybe more wall space to keep the books on)
    Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? eh. no. I don't think so. My friends are very honest...
    Which song do you like to sing now and then? Queen! anything by queen, though sometimes elton ohn can be soothing.
    Were you a naughty child in your childhood? me? never

~ What is your date of birth and age? 7.18.92 or 18.7.92 respectively
    ~ Where do you live right now? Minnesota, but kind of in Norway too(prefer latter)
    ~ How many siblings do/did you have? one older sister who's almost 16
    ~ What are your interests? reading, learning, singing, violin, hardanger fiddle, sewing, pysanky, quilling, crocheting, crafts, dancing, fantasizing(someone tell me how to spell it!)
    ~ Who is your favourite author? too many good ones, none too outstanding, at the moment I like C.S. Lewis, Martha Finley, Lucy Maud Montgomery, and Maud Hart Lovelace
    ~ Which is your favourite book? Bible, any book by above, various other pieces of literature
    ~ How do you define love? selfless, devoting, thoughtful, practical, kind, caring, uh...loving?
    ~ Did you ever love someone? no one in particular
    ~ Do you have a lot of friends? a lot of not very close friends scattered all over so I don't see them very often, a few nearby.
    ~ What do you think life is? a road and adventure
    ~ Which is your favourite colour? blue, green and purple
    ~ What type of dress do you like to wear? I love dresses and skirts. how about long dresses and pretty dresses?
    ~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? my own room,
    ~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? I'm good at singing soprano and love doing it, though I do not have a trained voice. My friends would say I can sing
    ~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? anything, especially random songs
    ~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? of course I am!
    ~ What do you think about me? I think Pensive is great
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!

Blog Entries
    What is your date of birth and age?
    17-11-1983 and my age is 11.
    Where do you live right now?
    In a room with four walls a window and a roof, conviniently located on the second floor of a house.
    How many siblings do/did you have?
    I have 1 sibling, she is older and more annoying than me.
    What are your interests?
    Looking for miniature giant space hamsters named Boo!, soccer, shipmodeling and doing things that are for my eyes only, and maybe a select few others.
    Who is your favourite author?
    Isaac Asimov
    Which is your favourite book?
    Foundation Trilogy, it was one of the first SF books I read, and had a lasting impact on my mental wellbeing, I never looked at a mule the same way again.
    How do you define love?
    A quiver of arrows, a bow and a little guy with wings.
    Did you ever love someone?
    I suppose so.
    Do you have a lot of friends?
    Let's see, there's Bob, Charlie, David and Jimmy, but they are all imaginary so they don't count, apart from that I also have a number of real friends, but my true friends I can count on one hand.
    What do you think life is?
    Life is an opportunity for me to make lots of mistakes and the occasional good decision.
    Which is your favourite colour?
    Black or red, depending on my mood, Black if I am happy, red if I am happy but prefer red.
    What type of dress do you like to wear?
    A really colourful one, with a nice motif that screams for attention. That'll show all those girl that try to get my attention with their fancy dresses.
    Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most?
    A super fast car, like the bugatti Veyron, A nice big house with a huge garden and something as of yet undiscovered.
    Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think?
    My friend always tell me to shut up when I try to sing, they just feel inferior to my wonderful singing voice. Ahem.
    Which song do you like to sing now and then?
    Alfred J. Kwak themesong, it's in dutch, but it's a really cool song.
    Were you a naughty child in your childhood?
    My parents seem to think so, I always thought of myself as a little angel.
    What do you think about me?
    I think you are what many people would like to be, a bright young girl with a good set of brains.
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    What is your date of birth and age? January 28, 1982. Makes me 24 (I think.....I'd count it but I only have ten fingers and ten toes so anything over 20 I'm not sure about)
    Where do you live right now? Richmond Hill (Just North of Toronto)
    How many siblings do/did you have?3: One older brother, One Younger brother, and One older half sister I found out about 8yrs ago (she was the result of one of my fathers teenage indescretions and was put up for adoption)
    What are your interests? Sport, Solid Waste Management, Crawling through sewers.
    Who is your favourite author? Dickens, closely followed by Brett Easton Ellis
    Which is your favourite book? Changes constantly, currently Nicholas Nicholby
    How do you define love? Something that is capable of making you incredibly happy despite how crappy life is going
    Did you ever love someone?Yes
    Do you have a lot of friends? I have acquaintances
    What do you think life is? A bad joke
    Which is your favourite colour? Blue
    What type of dress do you like to wear? Oh I get it just 'cos I'm Scottish you automatically assume I'm a cross-dresser.
    Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? None, I want nothing more than what I have now
    Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? I have a wonderful voice.....others are just tone deaf and dont appreciate greatness when they hear it.
    Which song do you like to sing now and then? Depends on my mood, but I can do Flawless renditions of "Mac The Knife" and "Somewhere beyond the sea"
    Were you a naughty child in your childhood? I did a few things I'm not proud of, but for my social group not overly
    What do you think about me? Friendly, happy, inquisitive.
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

Blog Entries
    ~ What is your date of birth and age? July 26, 1966...39
    ~ Where do you live right now? Massachusetts
    ~ How many siblings do/did you have? one older sister and one younger (who is deceased).
    ~ What are your interests? reading (heh, that is obvious) watching movies, computer games, being with loved ones,photography, making jewelry and hiking.
    ~ Who is your favourite author? Well, really I like too many to have just one favorite..Wodehouse, Agatha Christie, Alice Hoffman, Charles de Lint...lots more.
    ~ Which is your favourite book? lots of favs.
    ~ How do you define love? warmth, affection, caring, an interest in what the other person feels and their well being, plus sharing.
    ~ Did you ever love someone? Yes.
    ~ Do you have a lot of friends? Yes, well a fair amount.
    ~ What do you think life is? I dunno, still trying to work that out.
    ~ Which is your favourite colour? Pink
    ~ What type of dress do you like to wear? I am more of a skirt and top wearer.
    ~ Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most? Hard to say..books, another computer and some cool jewelry.
    ~ Can you sing really? What do you think and what does your friends think? Meh, I was in a chorus for 3 years as a kid, but my voice sounds too nasal.
    ~ Which song do you like to sing now and then? la la la..(joke)
    ~ Were you a naughty child in your childhood? Nope. Too terrified of being beat up.
    ~ What do you think about me? Hmmm, can I get to know you better?
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Thats a toughy, ... Yeats?
    Thats a toughy too, ... The Old Man and the Sea?
    I also thought that these questions were tough...

Certain songs - I'm not technically brilliant, but got a certain something, you know! Have sung in bands briefly. Which might tell you everything you need to know. Particularly the briefly bit.
    Cool, you worked in bands.

I like to, I don't think I can, my friends are just nice though.
    If you like to sing, then you can. I know it.

Where do you live right now? In Denmark with my mom, when i live with my dad, it's in Indonesia
    Wow Chava, I knew not that you have lived in Indonesia.

~ What is your date of birth and age? 7.18.92 or 18.7.92 respectively
    RJ is testing my Maths. I am not good with even simple Maths.

Isaac Asimov
    I loved a saying by Isaac Asimov and it was "I do not fear computers but I fear the lack of them"

How many siblings do/did you have?3: One older brother, One Younger brother, and One older half sister I found out about 8yrs ago (she was the result of one of my fathers teenage indescretions and was put up for adoption)
    Poor little child your sister was. I hate it that due to the mistakes of parents, children have to suffer. I know this is world but it boils me up, can't help myself.

Which is your favourite book? Changes constantly, currently Nicholas Nicholby
    I loved Nicholas Nickleby when I read it.

~ Who is your favourite author? Well, really I like too many to have just one favorite..Wodehouse, Agatha Christie, Alice Hoffman, Charles de Lint...lots more.
    I love the writing style of Agatha Christie. My guesses are always wrong about the guilty one's in her novels. I completed a novel by her a few days ago. I suspected six people out of eight and the guilty one was that person who I could have never thought about...
    Agatha Christie was very intelligent, indeed!

What do you think about me? Friendly, happy, inquisitive.
    Thanks. By the way sometimes, my inquisitive nature leads me to a very rough road. If I don't get to know something, I feel very disturbed so if I would not have been inquisitive, it would have been better.

I think you are what many people would like to be, a bright young girl with a good set of brains
    Hehe, but I think that I can never have better set of brains than you. You are witty.

~ What do you think about me? I think Pensive is great
    RJ, you also seems like a very good person.

I like you
    So do I! I like you very much!

Pensive? Your one of the highlites of the forum!

I don't really know - looking at Elizabeth's for inspiration - you seem a nice girl.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kathycf
    ~ What do you think about me? Hmmm, can I get to know you better?
    OK then. Let me introduce myself.

What is your date of birth and age?
    ~December 8, 1992. (13)
    Where do you live right now?
    ~Neverland
    How many siblings do/did you have?
    ~ One Brother
    What are your interests?
    ~Reading, Writing, Talking, Sports, Games, Movies, Music and Crafts
    ~ So many! I really can't choose one.
    Which is your favourite book?
    ~ So many!
    How do you define love?
    ~ Love is either the best or the worst thing that can ever happen to you.
    Did you ever love someone?
    ~Yuppers, lots of people I still love!
    Do you have a lot of friends?
    ~ I have a fair number of friends.
    What do you think life is?
    ~ I don't know...
    Which is your favourite colour?
    ~ Probably sky blue
    What type of dress do you like to wear?
    ~ I like to wear any dress in which I feel easy and comfortable and it covers my body well.
    Which three things (materielistic) do you wish for the most?
    ~ Nothing now
    ~ I think that I can sing very well. Some of my friends admit this and others don't
    Which song do you like to sing now and then?
    ~ Different songs
    Were you a naughty child in your childhood?
    ~ I was/am very naughty.
    What do I think about myself?
    ~ I am very talkative, inquisitive and a little self-centered and not at all great. People like Mother Terressa and Florence Nightingale who deserves to be called great and they were!
    Last edited by Pensive; 04-27-2006 at 12:08 AM.

Duck, Duck, Duck, GOOSE WaxDoll's Avatar
    02/08/92 (14)
    Texas
    two younger brothers =P
    lying in bed but not sleeping, staying up all night, eating junk food, surfing the interent but not doing anything productive, burning time, Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives!!! oh, yeah... reading XD
    Jane Austen
    Villette (Charlotte Bronte)
    feeling something besides indifference and hate
    erm... I guess
    no, just a couple very close ones, I'm not the out-going type
    beating others and proving your best XD
    royal purple
    something comfortable
    library of first-edition classics, all Bill Gates's money, a mall to myself with unlimited spending
    ha! no, and my friends make sure I know it
    I got My Heart Will Go On stuck in my head recently
    um... of course not :P
    You seem nice, and very intelligent. Plus, I LOVE your avatar XD
    Last edited by WaxDoll; 04-27-2006 at 01:02 AM.
    "Few things are harder to put up with than a good example."
    - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast