Thread: dark side of the moon and moon and the yew tree

Post dark side of the moon and moon and the yew tree

ever since i read moon and the yew tree by plath i have begun the process of slowly connecting it to the rather murky ouevre of insanity madness and losing control in literature, or more specifically the arts.read huxley's doors of perception and u will know what i'm talking about.the tragic conception of life is so ingrained in human existence that we are all tragic without being consciously aware of it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I thought you were talking about Pink Floyd. Say, what do you mean actually with losing control in literature? Does it have something to do with addiction?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield
    the tragic conception of life is so ingrained in human existence that we are all tragic without being consciously aware of it.
    Well, that's your opinion. I personally don't feel tragic. And while I'm not claiming to be a hero, there are plenty (if not a majority) of instances in literature where the heroic nature of life is demonstrated.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

you are clearly dissociating between the tragic and the heroic.that the two concepts can be can be co-extensive, is evident in some great literature.take "the old man and the sea" for example.