Thread: Random Number Sets Game

Random Number Sets Game

Alright this game is easy... each post will go in assigned either addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division. Basically, the first post is addition, the next is subtraction, then multiplication, and then division. After that you start over, 5th post is addition, then 6th is subtraction, 7th is multiplication, 8th is division, 9th is addition, and so on. So first you state which one we're at, so if we're in the first post it's suppose to be addition so you post Addition, like this:

Addition

Then, you have a number... what that number is... I'm not sure, you use the number from the previous post. Since this is post number 1 though... I'm going to make that number 1 and use it as an example. So afterwards, you post the number, so the post so far looks like this:

Addition

Then you grab the last digit of that number (the ones place, which is in this case 1 but in the case of 122 it'll be 2, 123-3, and so on), which you either Add, Subtract, Multiply, or Divide to the previous number. So since we're in addition, it'll be 1(previous number)+1(ones place digit)=2. If it was division, it would be 1/1 (if you don't get a whole number, and get a decimal instead just chop off whatever's after the decimal) and multiplication 1x1 and so on. This will give you a second number. Now the post looks like this:

Addition

To get the third number, you look at the first and second number and figure out a pattern to make the third. So if the first and second numbers were 2 and 4, I could try six for an evens pattern. You can also try 2^2+4^2=x^2, x being the third number... so x^2 would be 20 and then the square root would be 4 (it's actually a long decimal thing, but remember you chop off whatever's after the decimal). Then in parenthesis you state what you did. So I think I'll get the 1 and 2 and just do that pythagoream's theorem thing on them. 1^2+2^2=5 the square root of 5=2, so here's the post again:

Addition
    2(Squared the first and second number, to get the third number squared)

Finally, you just top it off with what's going to go next (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, or Division). In this case it's subtraction, so here' my post for the next person to continue:

Addition
    2(Squared the first and second number, to get the third number squared)
    Subtraction

Okay so this is confusing.
    Lets see:
    Subtraction
    Multiplication
    When ideas fail, words come in very handy.

Count to 10,000 and down to -10,000!

Multiplication
    16(From -2 to 4 is 6, then from 4 to 16 is 12)
    Division