Thread: help me~~How to write a composition to show your opinion on alternative choice

Question help me~~How to write a composition to show your opinion on alternative choice

Thanks
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by loveliterature20; 10-06-2008 at 10:05 AM.

thanks
    Last edited by loveliterature20; 10-06-2008 at 10:03 AM.

First thing is to decide which 'side' you are on. Then decide why!

It may sound obvoius but most people just pick a side without thinking about what they actually think.

Make a list of as many for and against points for both sides as you can think of. Go and do something completely unrelated and then come back later, read them all and see which side convinces you. The main thing to remember is that there is no right or wrong answer in this kind of essay - just convincing and unconvincing arguments. Personally (and I'm going back a lot of years now!), I always used to pick the least obvious side - but that's because I'm awkward.

I understand your question as if you're trying to get some help with the structure of the essay and not so much the content. I hope that is correct??
    I think the best arguments come when you answer the critiques that might be on the subject and the side which you have chosen. So like Xamonas says it's a good idea to write down for and againsts for both sides. Then you know which "againsts" you have to defend, for your side to make the most sence.
    To quote other essays and text can be a good idea, but they have to be really really relevant and to the point, otherwise they are just annoying and confusing.

The very words of the question you have posted is totally coherent and thought-out, so just have reasonable confidence that you already possess sufficient ability. Believe me, you are more articulate that many, many Gringo Americans.

Also, XC has given you clear advice to follow.

Thanks
    Last edited by loveliterature20; 10-06-2008 at 10:05 AM.

thanks
    Last edited by loveliterature20; 10-06-2008 at 10:04 AM.

thanks

thanks

Sorry, I'm not going to do the work for you.

thanks

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smileqi
    thank you all of your kind help~~ I got 8 from 10 this time~~ That's nice~~
    Well done - I'm you found the advice useful.