Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Ireland?

abnihilisation of the ety

Ireland?

about ten months from now I'll be taking a semester abroad through my college, and spending it in Ireland. Through our program I have several choices in locations and universities that include; St. Patrick's College in Maynooth, All Hallows College in Dublin, Trinity College in Dublin, University College Dublin and University College Galway. I'm keeping in mind to that I am an English major and would like for my choice to reflect a school with a good department in that subject.

Has anyone here spent time in Ireland? Have any information about these schools or cities? Any information having anything to do with knowledge of living in Ireland would be greatly appreciated!

I had the pleasure of spending several weeks in Ireland last summer, and I've also reviewed the writings of many Irish scholars. Declan Kiberd, a professor of Anglo-Irish literature at University College, Dublin, fascinates me. He's been a progressive thinker for years who envisions Ireland as a sort of mediating voice to third world nations. Read The Irish Writer and the World to sample some of his thoughts. If you could connect with him, you'd surely benefit.
    Last edited by lavendar1; 04-01-2006 at 10:03 AM.

I have recently been on tour to Ireland and i thinkt that Dublin is a great place to go. One of the most recognised Irish authors lived there, Oscar Wilde. It's a brilliant place and there's a good writer's museum too.
    "Thyself thy foe, to thy sweet self too cruel."

-Shakespeare

Dear Geaffory my segusstion is sending aPM to Keltic Banshee.. she is Ireland! trust me... she could help.

Is KB in Ireland? I didn't know!!!

Well I've never been there but I think that you could start getting an idea about the Unis by having a look at their sites... ok that's not much but you can see what they offer and most of all what they don't offer...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

abnihilisation of the ety
    thanks for all of your recommendations. I'm very excited about the adventure myself! I've been leaning toward living in Dublin, but will still need to research the schools a bit more.