Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: three days left to live

three days left to live

if you know you only have three days left to live, what will u do?

i will take my parents to Tibet to see the most beautiful mountains in the world...
    trade Tracy Mcgrady for Kevin Garnet and pick J.J.Redick. Houston Rockets will be the champion next season.

i'm boring, i'd settle all my affairs and maybe have a picnic with my friends or somehing. I'd want to spend some time outside- i don't know why but i lounge around on the couch too much i really need to motivate myself more. Good question i'm glad i took the time to answer it. If i freezing out and i had a lawn i'd go sit on the grass for a bit.

I'd also write letters to prominent world leaders requesting the take the danger to the environment more seriously. I'd do it now but then i'd have to live with my family talking about- i like to fly under the radar. they can talk about what ever they like when i'm dead.

That's a real hard question, I think nobody can imagine what it really means to know that you're living only three more days!
    I expect that I would like to spend much time with the ones I love. Sure I want to see all the interesting places all over the world, but it probably would be more important to make it as easy for the ones staying alive, as possible.

Blog Entries
    I think I would divide up my earthly posestions, go to church and die there.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Blog Entries
    I would delete all my diary entries so my mom wouldn't find out how depressed I was. I'd collect all my poems and hope that some of my relatives had more courage than me and would try to get it published. I wouldn't let Spock out of my sight. I'd make a will so all my money would go to a charity and I'd finish the list of what songs I want in my funeral....

I think that is it...
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Quiquid latine dictum sit belle ringer's Avatar
    In the realm of concepts, as though it still stood in the brain.
    I'll spend all three days showing my love why even a lifetime wouldn't be enough.
    Nowhere, Beloved, will the world be but within us.
    Our life passes in transformation.
    And the external shrinks into less and less.

-- from Rilke's Duino Elegies

Assuming that I had full health for those 3 days, I would run up the biggest credit-card bill the world has ever known and try my best to go out early in the middle of a pile of women and booze.

I'll probably try heroin too, just to see what all of the fuss is about - not much danger of developing a habit.

Actually, I probably wouldn't do any of the above, just say goodbye to all of the people I know in the world. One thing is for certain though, I wouldn't go in to work!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamonas Chegwe
    One thing is for certain though, I wouldn't go in to work!!!
    I agree!
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Snoopy the Magnificent! woeful painter's Avatar
    EDIT: Oh, changed my mind...knew something easier...pray...and play with my PS2, PC and GC all those three days
    Last edited by woeful painter; 04-02-2006 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helga
    I would delete all my diary entries so my mom wouldn't find out how depressed I was.
    Same here! Except, everyone already knows how depressed I am. I would definitely delete all written record of my thoughts, and any bad poetry I've got going at the moment.

First, though, I'd contact everyone I know, just to let them know, "Hey... they just discovered there's a disease that kills perfectly healthy people in exactly three days... no, 72 hours to the second... yeah, go figure. Anyway, bye."

I might get rid of all the old schoolwork and newspaper clippings I've got clogging my closet at home, since... I guess it didn't come in handy, after all. I might write out a brief will.

That doesn't leave a whole lot of time for hanging out with others... I guess I'd find a way to fit in an hour or two somewhere.
    Last edited by emily655321; 04-02-2006 at 11:19 AM.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

I guess I would pray and try to finally make peace within. But, most important, I would try to make everyone as happy as possible before I leave.
    "What else is love but understanding and rejoicing in the fact that another person lives, acts, and experiences otherwise than we do…?"

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Id probably spend hours writing letters to anyone and everyone Ive ever thought about much.
    Humm Id probably try and do something big to make a mark to mean that me living was important to someone that I made a differance somehow.
    Id try to get to the sea. So I could watch the dolphins at sunset like I used to when I was little. And Id tell alot of people what I really think of them.

My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    I would just throw a big goodbye party the last day. The other days would probably be spend doing enjoyable things. I'm not going to drastically alter my life just because I'll stop living in three days, that's just silly. Neglect the not so fun things obviously, but overall I'll probably not do anything extreme like traveling to the other side of the world or whatever.
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    In a way your right aimus I guess Id still like to do somthing big and helpful in my life though.
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    Yes, that is a desire that many people have, but the desire often makes people see their own life as insignificant unless they have achieved something great. For me it's better to life a good life then to do one great thing in life, and leave it at that.

What good has my life been, if I have to make up for it in the last three days of it?
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast