The Literature Network will hold an annual short story competition, which will be open to all its members. The rules of the competition are:
1. The stories should be submitted as email attachments in MS Word format and should be minimum 500 and maximum 2000 words and include your Forum names as well. Please send your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not post your stories on the Forum!
2. There will be 5 selections (in February, April, June, August and October) throughout the year and only the stories which have been submitted by the first of these months latest will be included in that month's elimination. The five stories which win the each selection will take part in the final voting in November and December.
3. Members can submit only one entry for each selection round. If their story is a winner, they will not be allowed to take part in other selections.
4. The Admin or Moderators are not responsible for editing or correcting of the stories and therefore the writers themselves are required to make sure that there are no grammatical or spelling errors. The submitted copy is final and further corrections by the writers will be disregarded.
5. Only those members with at least 100 posts can vote in the polls.
6. Those who enter the competition agree to keep the information on their identities and stories confidential till the end of that year (only the Admin and Moderators will have access to that information). Those who breach this rule will be disqualified automatically.
7. All entries should be your own original work and not have appeared anywhere else before. Authors retain the copyright rights for the stories submitted to the competition.
8. All submissions must be your sole creative work and written for this particular competition. Anyone found plagiarising will be disqualified from this and all future contests.
Reminder: In accordance with the rules, the first leg of the eliminations will take place in June. Please email your stories by May 31st to enter. Thanks.