Thread: Keeper of the Bees

Keeper of the Bees

Ms. Stratton-Porter, you had such a lovely collection of books there, and then you went and ruined it all with "Keeper of the Bees." WHY? There was no reason for this sudden crash of all that was good in your books.

For those of you who have read this book, I'm sorry. For those of you have been so fortunate as to never have read it, please don't.

The Keeper of the Bees

I totally disagree with your negative opinion. I have been sick for a long, long time, and I think this book is full of hope. Full of the tragedies of real life that make us sick and fight things like cancer, and death of loved ones, etc. It shows us how determination of spirit and cleanness of soul can make the difference in our lives, and that is the message behind all her books! I love this book as well as her many others I have read my whole life.

thank you. I loved keeper of the bees, it was the book i read after the girl of the limberlost. Why do you have such a poor view of it? I'll admit its been over 5 years since I've read it, but goodness. I believe the Harvester was a more difficult read then KofB, really. not that harvester is a bad story, finished it today infact, but KofB will always have a place in my heart. along with Magic Garden. she really had a way with words. Rosie Cotton you should be abashed to so harshly judge with out giving a hint of the reason why.

Talking Keeper of the Bees is Inspirational!

This is lovely book and great companion to the current best seller...Secret Life of Bees!

Mary
    Last edited by muscom; 08-18-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: error