Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello

to tell u the truth i know all that! but u've put it together very beautifully! it will surely make my work easier. actually, ive got an internal tomorrow on metaphysical poets(namely, marvell and vaughan) alongwith lycidas. so im quite confused what exactly to concentrate on. im finding the metaphysical poets far more attractive though milton is also interesting. guess will have to decide pretty soon.

in angulo cum libro Petrarch's Love's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh good. Glad you've got that much (I couldn't tell of course, so I thought I'd start with the basics). Of course much of Lycidas is about Milton's ruminations on his own writing and the craft of writing generally. He wasn't really all that close to Edward King (i.e. "Lycidas" the young man who drowned) so the poem isn't about a personal loss as much as a platform to explore the place of the poet and throw in some ecclesiastical satire for good measure.

So the metaphysicals or Milton eh? What an interesting choice to have. I'm in grad school training to teach in the Renaissance period, so I'm pretty familiar with all of them. By the way, what exactly is an "internal?" I haven't heard this type of exam mentioned before. Best of luck with your studies.

"In rime sparse il suono/ di quei sospiri ond' io nudriva 'l core/ in sul mio primo giovenile errore"~ Francesco Petrarca
    "Follies and nonsense, whims and inconsistencies do divert me, I own, and I laugh at them whenever I can."~ Jane Austen

well, 'internals' are assessments done by the dept itself and the univ does not look into it...it is just bothered with the grade!

thx a tonne for ur help!!! atlast i ended up studying the metaphysical poets! i also attempted studyind Lycidas again but i feel i have a block against it. i will try overcoming it! thx anyway.
    20 years a-growing;
    20 years a-flowering;
    20 years a-ruling;
    20 years...........who cares??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12