Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment

Quote Originally Posted by mona amon View Post
    Oh come on - haven't you watched Discovery Channel or Animal Planet or National Geographic? Animals can be horribly cruel,
    Which animal species other than man decimated millions of other species???

Which animal species other than man generated billions of tonnes of Metal waste, Plastic Waste, Chemical waste, Gaseous waste, eWaste and Nuclear Waste???

Which animal species other than man decimated fish in the oceans??

Which animal species other than man turned the oceans acidic and warmer???

Which animal species other than man created oxygen deprived dead zones in the ocean???

Which animal species other than man destroyed billions of acres of forests???

Which animal species other than man killed billions of acres of fertile soil with cement, concrete and asphalt???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sushil_yadav View Post
    Which animal species other than man decimated millions of other species???
    I know you asked for animal species but Earth itself has decimated millions of other species. Is Earth innately evil? The ice age wiped out millions of unique animals.

Which animal species other than man generated billions of tonnes of Metal waste, Plastic Waste, Chemical waste, Gaseous waste, eWaste and Nuclear Waste???
    None. Which animal species other than humanity is even capable of generating those things? Not a fair or even remotely relevant question. Also, I just realized all animals poop so they do actually create waste, and gaseous waste is created by all animals (farting).

Which animal species other than man decimated fish in the oceans??
    Other fish? Sharks? Whales? Cthulu? Birds? Herons really like "decimating" fish, I've seen em at it.

Which animal species other than man turned the oceans acidic and warmer???
    I don't know. Do you know without a shadow of a doubt that we have had that effect?

Which animal species other than man created oxygen deprived dead zones in the ocean???
    I respond with the same question as above. Do you know without a shadow of a doubt that we have had that effect?

Which animal species other than man destroyed billions of acres of forests???
    http://www.enn.com/wildlife/article/44149

These beetles do.

Which animal species other than man killed billions of acres of fertile soil with cement, concrete and asphalt???
    I didn't know soil could be killed. That's awfully dramatic. Again, what other animal species can create cement, concrete and asphalt? Oh right, none of them. Unfair question.

What is the point of this tirade of dramatic loaded questions? Humanity is ****ed up beyond belief, we all know that, now what are you going to do about it? Are you living a self-sustainable life as a hermit in the woods? No. The hypocrisy is coming off this post in waves.
    While the truncheon may be used
    in lieu of conversation,
    words will always retain their power.
    Words offer the means to meaning,
    and for those who will listen,
    the enunciation of truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Grit View Post
    Are you living a self-sustainable life as a hermit in the woods? No. The hypocrisy is coming off this post in waves.
    From what you have written I can make out that your knowledge of the issue being discussed is very poor.

I never claimed that I am not a part of society that is destroying environment.

The title of my article says "Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment" and since I am a citizen of Industrial Society I get included automatically.

Environment doesn't get saved if a few people live a simple life.....It doesn't get saved if a few thousand people live a simple life......It doesn't get saved if a few million people live a simple life.....It doesn't get saved even if a few billion people live a simple life [which is happening right now.....Out of 7 billion people roughly half, about 3.5 billion are already living a simple life in Asia, Africa and South America] .......but this has not saved the environment......because the rest 3.5 billion people all over the world are living a highly consumerist life which is enough to destroy all ecosystems.

The entire world has to live a simple life. In animal kingdom all animals lived a simple life.....In Hunter_Gatherer Society all people lived a simple life......In Agrarian Society almost all people lived a simple life.

In a non-industrial society simple living happens automatically....one does not have to make efforts to live a simple life. In a non-industrial society environment gets saved automatically....one does not have to make efforts to save environment.

An Industrial Society produces thousands of consumer goods in addition to food, clothing and shelter.....therefore simple living by entire society is an impossibility and destruction of environment a certainty..

Blog Entries
    From what you have written I can make out that your knowledge of the issue being discussed is very poor.

I never claimed that I am not a part of society that is destroying environment.

The title of my article says "Industrial Society Destroys Mind and Environment" and since I am a citizen of Industrial Society I get included automatically.

Environment doesn't get saved if a few people live a simple life.....It doesn't get saved if a few thousand people live a simple life......It doesn't get saved if a few million people live a simple life.....It doesn't get saved even if a few billion people live a simple life [which is happening right now.....Out of 7 billion people roughly half, about 3.5 billion are already living a simple life in Asia, Africa and South America] .......but this has not saved the environment......because the rest 3.5 billion people all over the world are living a highly consumerist life which is enough to destroy all ecosystems.

The entire world has to live a simple life. In animal kingdom all animals lived a simple life.....In Hunter_Gatherer Society all people lived a simple life......In Agrarian Society almost all people lived a simple life.

In a non-industrial society simple living happens automatically....one does not have to make efforts to live a simple life. In a non-industrial society environment gets saved automatically....one does not have to make efforts to save environment.

An Industrial Society produces thousands of consumer goods in addition to food, clothing and shelter.....therefore simple living by entire society is an impossibility and destruction of environment a certainty..

Yep, I'm not well informed on the topic of pollution and what the actual state of things is. Neither are you. There's any number of different theories on what the cause of climate change is. Science doesn't understand how gravity works, what dreams are, what dandruff is and how to prevent it, what the big bang actually was and a hundred other things but they're one hundred percent sure on climate change?

What the hell is a 'simple life'? Nice term, very clear and tangible.

You're a doomsayer and have nothing of benefit to offer in terms of helping anyone.

You're right about one thing. What you propose is an impossibility. The whole world can not simply morph back to the dark ages.

Thanks for posting, I learned a lot here today.
    Last edited by Grit; 06-03-2013 at 02:06 AM.
    in lieu of conversation,

You're a doomsayer and have nothing of benefit to offer in terms of helping anyone.

You're right about one thing. What you propose is an impossibility. The whole world can not simply morph back to the dark ages.

Thanks for posting, I learned a lot here today.
    Eat, Drink and Make Merry while the planet burns.

You need to learn a lot more.

Humans have spent more than 99.9% of their time on earth in non-industrial societies.

This planet is home to millions of species, Not just man alone.

The issue is not what is good for man, The issue is what is good for millions of species.

Humans have spent more than 99.9% of their time on earth in non-industrial societies.

The issue is not what is good for man, The issue is what is good for millions of species.

Never before in history and prehistory there has been more work done to integrate all species as there has been done as a result of the industrial revolution.
    Your insanity has no bounds and least of all genuine purpose. You are not showing anything that is not known. If I were you, I would spend my time trying to straighten bananas, monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by cafolini View Post
    Never before in history and prehistory there has been more work done to integrate all species as there has been done as a result of the industrial revolution.
    As true as Iraq having weapons of mass destruction.

Do you take drugs before posting???

You are making a fool of yourself by posting in a thread about which you know nothing.

More than 99.9% destruction of this planet has already happened.....Only the end of humans is yet to happen.

Most of the Biodiversity and Ecosystems have already been destroyed.

Species are not lost when they become extinct....Species are lost when they get decimated....Species were lost when their populations dropped from billions and millions before industrialization to thousands and hundreds after industrialization.

There are(were) millions of species in this world....Most of them have already been decimated because Industrial Activity has destroyed most of the forests....Millions of Plant and Animal species have been decimated by Mining Industry, Logging Industry, Construction Industry, Manufacturing Industry, Energy Generation Industry, Oil Drilling, Oil Refining, Transportation Industry, Millions of kilometers of Rail and Road Networks, Ports and Airports..

If we calculate the decline in populations of millions of species after industrialization the combined loss will come to more than 99.9%.

Rivers, Lakes, Oceans, Atmosphere and Land have been polluted, poisoned and killed by trillions of tonnes of Metal Waste, Plastic Waste, Chemical Waste, Gaseous waste, eWaste and Nuclear Waste.....The entire planet has become a Toxic Dump.....All Solid, Liquid and Gaseous Industrial Waste that has been produced by Industrial Society in 250 years after Industrial Revolution has accumulated on earth....It has not gone out of earth.

Oceans have turned acidic and warmer and there are oxygen deprived dead zones in the oceans....Fish in the oceans have been decimated by Industrial Fishing.

Billions of acres of fertile soil that was the source of food to millions of species has been killed by Cement, Concrete and Asphalt.

A society that has destroyed all the natural resources of the planet will also destroy itself.

After destroying biodiversity and ecosystems which sustained human life for millions of years man will not exist...It is only a matter of a few years now.
    Last edited by sushil_yadav; 06-03-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Billions of animals are being slaughtered in Industrial Slaughter Houses every day.....Billions of fish are being killed by Industrial Fishing every day....Millions of acres of Forests are being destroyed by Industrial Activity every day....Millions of wild animals in forests are being killed by Industrial Activity every day.....Millions of tonnes of Solid, Liquid and Gaseous Industrial Waste is being added to environment every day....Millions of tonnes of Metal Waste, Plastic Waste, Chemical waste, Gaseous Waste and eWaste are being added to environment every day.... Millions of acres of Fertile Soil is being killed by Cement, Concrete and Asphalt every day....Nuclear Industry has produced millions of tonnes of Nuclear Waste which will keep contaminating the planet with hazardous radioactivity for the next thousands of years.

Which pre-industrial society destroyed this much environment???

Blog Entries

Oh goodness.

Pre-industrial society had higher mortality rates and shorter life spans. You say it's not just about whats good for man but for millions of species.

I believe you would choose to cater to the well being of other species over humanity. Why do you hate your own species?
    in lieu of conversation,

Oh goodness.

You say it's not just about whats good for man but for millions of species.

I believe you would choose to cater to the well being of other species over humanity. Why do you hate your own species?
    It is not my problem if you fail to understand written text and jump to wrong conclusions.

Here "millions of species" includes man....got it???

Man is alive because of nature.....Man owes his very existence to animals, trees, air, water and land.

After destroying nature man will not even exist.

Is it so hard for you to understand this???

Blog Entries
    Actually man could exist without nature.

What you propose, a hunter gatherer society without any industry, would lead to the majority of humanity being hungry, unable to find shelter, at risk of common disease.

Many people would die, not to mention with our massive population, we'd be hunting many more animals then before.

You're delusional in thinking we can change to a HG society. People would die in the millions.

Your plan isnt practical in any way and if you propose saving nature over humanity, I'll ask again. Why do you hate your own species?
    in lieu of conversation,

Actually, people could not exist without nature.

But what this freak is saying, I only heard before from the Vice Squad freaks of the Taliban.

closed

Billions of animals are being slaughtered in Industrial Slaughter Houses every day.....Billions of fish are being killed by Industrial Fishing every day....Millions of acres of Forests are being destroyed by Industrial Activity every day....Millions of wild animals in forests are being killed by Industrial Activity every day.....Millions of tonnes of Solid, Liquid and Gaseous Industrial Waste is being added to environment every day....Millions of tonnes of Metal Waste, Plastic Waste, Chemical waste, Gaseous Waste and eWaste are being added to environment every day.... Millions of acres of Fertile Soil is being killed by Cement, Concrete and Asphalt every day....Nuclear Industry has produced millions of tonnes of Nuclear Waste which will keep contaminating the planet with hazardous radioactivity for the next thousands of years.

Which pre-industrial society destroyed this much environment???

Is the industrial community the only culprit over here ?

About deforestation, yes we could say that dying and the last rites of a corpse have become industrialised today. Do you know that in India alone, almost 60 million trees are cut down each year to create funeral pyres, in a way producing almost 10 million tonnes of carbon dioxide?

This practice has endured from time immemorial, preceding the industrial revolution. what solution do you propose to this dilemma ( according to you)?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Pawn View Post
    About deforestation, yes we could say that dying and the last rites of a corpse have become industrialised today. Do you know that in India alone, almost 60 million trees are cut down each year to create funeral pyres, in a way producing almost 10 million tonnes of carbon dioxide?

This practice has endured from time immemorial, preceding the industrial revolution. what solution do you propose to this dilemma ( according to you)?
    Every problem in this world has been aggravated by Industrialization.

If Industrial Revolution / Industrialization had not happened world population would be less than 2 billion today.....India's population would have been much less than what it is now and much fewer trees would have been cut down for funeral pyres.

Do you know how many trees have been cut down by Mining Industry, Logging Industry, Paper Industry, Manufacturing Industry, Construction Industry, Millions of kilometers of Rail and Road Networks???

Industrial Activity for production of consumer goods and services has destroyed millions of times more trees than funeral pyres.

Do you know how many millions of acres of forests have been destroyed in South/ Central America to produce grains and grazing grounds for feeding billions of cattle which are then slaughtered in Industrial Slaughter Houses and imported by America and Europe to feed its population half to two-thirds of which has grown obese due to overeating???

Do you know how many millions of acres of rain forests have been destroyed to produce bio fuel for America and Europe???

Last edited by sushil_yadav; 06-04-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Every problem in this world has been aggravated by Industrialization.

What about the problem of when you have too many fridges and not enough food? I have three fridges in my apartment, and I keep buying more hummus to keep them full but two of them aren't plugged in because I only have one plug per room and fridges belong in the kitchen. Has that been aggregated by Industrialization too?

I've been blaming modernization.

in lieu of conversation,