Thread: Lysistrata

pondering . . .

Lysistrata

Hiya. I've got a drama exam coming up and ive chosen to perform an extract from Lysistrata. love the play but i just can't work out which part to do. It needs to be about 20-30 mins long and have even parts for 2 female and 1 male characters. I was thinking of act 2 scene 1 but im jst not sure. If anyone who knows the play has any good ideas, that would be incredible. byee for now.
    'What you believe is wrong. My opinion is fact'
    Ivan Foul

'I will die unavenged, but let me die' she said 'Thus, thus it pleases me to go beneath the shadows.'

]'Most of our imports come from overseas'
    George Bush

Well, I'm sure this is too late to be of any help for your exam, but my favorite scene in Lysistrata is the oath swearing (181 ff); it never fails to get a chuckle out of me. It's a great comedy.

pondering . . .
    oh well thanks anyway, I've only just seen your answer. lol i had my exam on friday actually. in the end we did the part when the women are trying to get out of the acropolis by making excuses and then the scene between Myhrinne and Cinesias. Methinks it went ok, but will just have to wait and see . . . thanks anyhoo
    Ivan Foul

'I will die unavenged, but let me die' she said 'Thus, thus it pleases me to go beneath the shadows.'

George Bush

Quote Originally Posted by mingdamerciless
    oh well thanks anyway, I've only just seen your answer. lol i had my exam on friday actually. in the end we did the part when the women are trying to get out of the acropolis by making excuses and then the scene between Myhrinne and Cinesias. Methinks it went ok, but will just have to wait and see . . . thanks anyhoo
    Nice choice for a scene, mingdamerciless.
    I apologize that I seemed a little unavailable on the forum for some time, when you posted this thread, as I would have loved to have helped. If I would have chosen any, however, I probably would have highly agreed with your chosen scene. Well done!

pondering . . .
    lol thanks, lets just hope the examiner thought so too. thanks for the thought anyway. If i ever happen to be selecting a scene again i'll be sure to call on you.
    Ivan Foul

George Bush

Definteley a great choice, such a funny scene in the play. Classic. I also love the oath swearing scene... "I will not assume the lion-on-a-cheese-grater position"
    Becks xo

Be the Change.

I didn't really find the play funny at all.