Thread: well we see him?

well we see him?

will we see this jewish man again? or is he myth? made up by pathetic people who had no morals to live by, so they made all this bible stuff up... what is he doing it's been 2006 yrs since he been around, how can i know that this is real. is he real? people say they have seen him, but in the bible it says 'no man has seen God, but every believer will' or somting like that... i dont remember where though... ive read the bible, i goto church but im lacking faith and knowledge... help me..

That's rather blunt isn't it?

A thought that comes to mind is how small or irrelevant 2006 years is or seems to be to an eternal being such as God if you believe in God. Read the Bible and discuss your thoughts with people around you to explore it for yourself is my best advice. I don't forsee someone enlightening you over a forum post. Though I may just be underestimating people.

still waiting to be found amanda_isabel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ed,

i will honestly admit that lately i have been having problems with my faith. i go to church and sometimes i feel like a hypocrite... ed, you are not alone.

well, i will answer your question. can you know he is real?

all religion is based on faith, that is, it is real if you believe and worthless junk if you don't. is he real? well, maybe he is. it's very possible, after all. if he isn't, then man has been living in a huge lie for more than 2000 years.

it is possible that he has been created by those with no morals to live by. they might have needed something to lead them, and maybe christ is the product of this.

'no man has seen God but every believer will.' again, faith. and He is seen not physically but as the change in our and other people's lives, by the small miracles he creates every day. you see his work. that's why they say that we should let him take control over our lives, so that his work can be seen. if his work is seen then he will be, too.

here in the philippines every once in a while there are people claiming God has shown himself to them, or has performed yet another miracle. like sometimes the sculpture of jesus or mary or who cries blood... or on trees and a whole lot of 'signs' like carvings on trees and stuff. (some people in albay, i think, said that there was a carving of the face of jesus, jesus the way he is depicted in pictures, with long hair and all, that just mysteriously appeared.)

i have talked to my small group leader about my faith problems and though we did not have the chance to talk long, she gave me some quick advice. just pray and read the bible. i have tried these and unfortunately i have not felt god's presence any more than before i did those things. but, even if it did not work for me, maybe it will work for you. i will talk to her soon and hope her advice helps. if it does then i'll tell you about it.

i'll be praying and hope my words don't just bounce of the ceiling, for you and everyone else here.
    ...don't need therapy to rehabilitate my smile...

http://profiles.friendster.com/6239700

Not only Christians believe Jesus peace be upon him will return but muslims also.
    If you dont believe he will return because you didnt see him yet, well this is your way of thinking.
    Belieiving Jesus will return is a secondary thing that relaited to a primary thing which is believing in God. Do you believe in God? If you see all this around you and see your body and how its made,and how things organised made you deny God because you dont see God, then how you will believe in things relaited to God.
    My point is: give things thier rights, you are not going to understand 2 if you dont understand 1, and you cant skip 1. Discussing this thread depend on person if he believe or not, if he doesnt then its a waste of time, if he does then it will be more easy.

Also sayings about bible and that pathetic people created it, well not pathetic people created it, its word of God to his prophet (the original bible), again its a secondary that depend on the primary thing which is believing in God.
    Last edited by Shield&Sword; 05-25-2006 at 04:17 PM.

Albano Laziale, Italy / Pennsylvania, USA
    Blog Entries
    the way i see it, it's a fun thing to debate - whether or not god exists - but the discussion ultimately isn't going to get anywhere because there's no facts or evidence, only castles in the air of speculation and the same arguments rehashed over and over agin. in the end, it all comes down to: do you beleive? most of our lives are built on hopes and dreams. for some people, god is one of these; for others, he isn't; but it's a personal decision for each, and likely you're not going to find concrete evidence on a forum, or from anything else than your own heart.
    No day but today

-God is real, unless proclaimed integer-

<Orginally posted by-Sheild&Sword>
    "Not only Christians believe Jesus peace be upon him will return but muslims also.
    If you dont believe he will return because you didnt see him yet, well this is your way of thinking.
    Belieiving Jesus will return is a secondary thing that relaited to a primary thing which is believing in God. Do you believe in God? If you see all this around you and see your body and how its made,and how things organised made you deny God because you dont see God, then how you will believe in things relaited to God.
    My point is: give things thier rights, you are not going to understand 2 if you dont understand 1, and you cant skip 1. Discussing this thread depend on person if he believe or not, if he doesnt then its a waste of time, if he does then it will be more easy.

Also sayings about bible and that pathetic people created it, well not pathetic people created it, its word of God to his prophet (the original bible), again its a secondary that depend on the primary thing which is believing in God."

im a believer, ive have been since i was 10... and now 7 yrs l8r im still struggleing over small things and faith is one of them.

Ahh, scuse me ed, thought you are not believer, scusssssssssssse me alot.
    Perhaps i thought such way because of your way in asking.
    I am not christian i am muslim.
    Last edited by Shield&Sword; 05-26-2006 at 02:59 PM.

thats alright man it happens...