Thread: speech

R<>CK3R

Stolen waters are sweet bread eaten in secret is pleasent

this is my view of the topic:

“They're stealing 20 pair of jeans or they're stealing television sets. Who cares if they're not going to go too far with it? Maybe some of the people who do that they're so poor they've never touched anything in their lives. Let them touch those things for once.” Friends do not get me wrong. This is a quote by Celine Dion and I agree with her to a certain extent, but not completely.

In this era of globalization and progress, the poor have been trapped in such a vicious poverty cycle that it is impossible for them to get out of it. Look at the number of people starving to death in various parts of the country; it really is a sorry state. And if it indeed is a time where the rich get richer and the poor poorer then we the “contended class” are responsible for the disorder. How many of us share even one-tenth of what we have with the poor and needy? And when the poor don’t have enough money to feed themselves or their families, they obviously opt for stealing and crimes or become self-fish of what they do have. But what else can they do. This is called struggle for existence in the modern world, where everyone is fighting for survival.

We all know that bread and water is vital for human survival and if you’re going to die of hunger and thirst, in my opinion, there is no harm in stealing or eating your bread alone without sharing it with your neighbors or friends, but only from those who are rich and have it.
    People easily say that stealing and not sharing is a grievous sin, but just for one moment think about those who are hanging between life and death and that one crumb of bread or one drop of water would help them give a new life. And think about people like us who are unwilling to share with them and are selfish ourselves force them to steal from us, is it a sin on their part or ours? Yes stolen waters are sweet and bread eaten secretly is pleasant or should be pleasant only if it is preventing them from dying.

Many people would argue that religion does not allow such practice. But my question is does religion allow us the hoarding of wealth? And is it not true if a man is dying of thirst, even wine is allowed for the believer. And then shouldn’t stealing for a man dying of hunger be acceptable.
    However, I do not mean that stealing is acceptable for anyone or everyone. It indeed is hideous sin to steal or hoard for those who have been blessed with enough wealth by god. Stealing because of desires for more or merely peer pressure is unacceptable. I quote Shakespear as he said:
    “He that is robbed, not wanting what is stol'n,
    Let him not know't, and he's not robbed at all”

give me you comments. what do you think about it?
    Last edited by Moiz; 02-01-2006 at 10:20 AM.