Thread: The End

Talking The End

So I've finished the book which makes this my last post. I'm glad I read it. This book has taught me a lot about life. How the government seems to be getting more into people's business and not caring about peoples' privacy. It goes to show that the warnings Orwell is showing in this book are becoming true. Who knows how much longer it will be before our world turns into one like Oceania. Being watched all the time, not knowing whom to trust, and having the past erased daily. If we don't take action and make sure our rights are protected we could eventually turn into Oceania. It’s only a matter of time and the life we once knew well cease to exist.

Agree

I definately agree with you.This book made me think about how much the government really plays a role in our society, not only as a whole but as individuals as well. Everywhere we go it seems like we're being watched. I think that over time it's only going to get worse and i also think we should pay attention to what's going on, before the government has total control on our society.

The end.

I totally agree with you on this. I thought the book was very good and it really does make you think about the real world around you. Not just in school but out of school and on your own. How much you are being watched and on camera and being tracked all over. i wouldnt be suprised either if our world became to as ocenania. I think that george Orwell is a very good writer on how the furture become reality and totally true . Well it was nice reading everyones form is and getting comments on my forms. I guess i should end this for now sense i wont be writting anymore post because we are done reading 1984 in class

It was a good book i would read it it again i think. Its a hard book for high schoolers to interpret but with a good interpreter its pretty easy. I cant imagine anyone trying to read it on their own.... and understand some of the concepts that the book preceives. All in all an enjoyable thoughtfull book. I would deff recomend it.
    AC/DC were amoung twelve bands to have their name on a secret Russian blacklist of "ideologically harmful" Western bands.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HehBubawatchis
    It was a good book i would read it it again i think. Its a hard book for high schoolers to interpret but with a good interpreter its pretty easy. I cant imagine anyone trying to read it on their own.... and understand some of the concepts that the book preceives. All in all an enjoyable thoughtfull book. I would deff recomend it.
    If you liked 1984, checkout Futurological Congress, by Stanislaw Lem

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

1984 is by far the best book i have ever read. It is also the hardest book i havr ever read. It is amazing how right Orwell was about the future. I agree with my teacher that any one who wants to graduate from high school must have a firm undetstanding of this book. Every one should have to read this book.I would recremend the book to any one who likes hard books.