Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unofficial Words

Quote Originally Posted by Xamonas Chegwe
    A Vernon is very much the latter. He is so lonely and feels so left out at parties that he latches onto a captive audience whenever possible. Vernons usually congregate in the kitchen (although congregate is not really the right word - not even a Vernon would be seen talking to a Vernon) and start up conversations with any members of the opposite sex that are too far gone with alcohol or other intoxicants to recognise them for what they are. The mere fact that the other party has to run to the bathroom to hurl doesn't stop them; they follow, talking the while. Vernons can also be found trying to take advantage of those that have passed out on top of the pile of coats in the spare bedroom.

Nobody knows how Vernons end up at parties in the first place (no-one admits to inviting them and they completely lack the normal chutzpah necessary for successfully gatecrashing) but every party has at least one of each sex - and they always bring a bottle of sherry which never gets opened.
    Dang XC, these vernons are deeply repulsive, contemptible, downright despicable! Yeah, and what is it with vernons and sherry?
    Metaphors be with you.

No idea - I guess sherry is just a part of their culture - like cardigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamonas Chegwe
    No idea - I guess sherry is just a part of their culture - like cardigans.
    ROFL and -gasp- c a r d i g a n s too, gollum attire??!!

uh oh, I can feel the cardigan wearers on this forum rising up as one in protest. Do female vernons wear twin sets?
    Last edited by aquamarineNYC; 02-18-2006 at 04:15 PM.
    Metaphors be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by aquamarineNYC
    ROFL and -gasp- c a r d i g a n s too, gollum attire??!!

uh oh, I can feel the cardigan wearers on this forum rising up as one in protest. Do female vernons wear twin sets

lol the image is just too much...a band of cardigan cloaked bookworms wielding torches, pichforks and large tomes of bad literature
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity"
    ~Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by non sum
    the image is just too much...a band of cardigan cloaked bookworms wielding torches, pichforks and large tomes of bad literature
    Oh dear, nightmare visions of humorless mobs, vicious librarian wannabes and worse.

But on a happier note...-desperately trying to distract the cardigan wearing hordes by throwing links into the crowd- here's a cool URL to see the skeletons of cartoon characters.
    Metaphors be with you.

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Whew! I just had visions of Judge Judy glaring at me! I don't drop in very often, so I didn't see the post for a while. When I did, I was quick to give credit to the correct person. Do not call your lawyers, please!

On Spoonerisms, one I liked was "Son, it's kisstomary to cuss the bride."

More (ahem) computer terms:

Mouse: annoying rodent that chews on your various cables and wires causing a crash.
    Monitor: Any person who looks over your shoulder while you work on a computer and offers advice.
    Keyboard. Fedup with the stupid caplock sticking or various other problems
    Blue Screen: A reason to take up golf instead of computers
    Tech Support: A common urban legend known by it's repetative call: " You call is important to us, please continue to hold..."
    Computer Chip: What the guys at Tech Support are using in their all-important poker game.
    Command: Signifacant other's less than subtle hint
    Computer Programmer: The only guy who knows how the computer works at a given business, so he can get away with anything...
    Computer Crash: The sound of an expensive layout hitting the sidewalk because it's locked up and the owner has been on hold to the mythical Tech Support for four hours now.
    Lock Up: Where they should put people with too much time on their hands before they write these commputer viruses!
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123