Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesus Led me to Islam

Jesus Led me to Islam

This email has been sent to me by Christian sister who embraced Islam recently may God bless her and increase her faith, she sent me this email by PM in another forums, so I would like to post it here to get the benefit for Bro/Sis Christians, she clarify how Jesus (pbuh) led her to Islam:

"I would be happy to. While I was born and raised Irish (Roman) Catholic, I always (always) felt there was something contextually "wrong" or incorrect about what I was being taught. I read the scriptures and sometimes read them over and over trying to reconcile them with what I felt in me heart to be true. The trinity concept (3 in one God) made no logical sense. The idea that Jesus was God made no logical sense. The idea that the Christ died for the sins of mankind made no logical sense. I do not know if you have ever read the Bible but if you had, you will find numerous contradictions within it. You will find one verse is often in direct conflict with another. It does take a genious to find the contradictive material within it. I began to ask myself - why would God need a son? Why would God be so cruel as to send a son to save mankind form it's sinful state? When asking our local preist questions such as this he only became annoyed and accused me of not having enough "faith." He was correct. I obviously did not have enough faith. I wanted to know the truth. I wanted to know why I was asked to believe that Jesus was "God" when Jesus himself denied any such thing again and again. First I should mention that many are called "sons" of God in the Bible. And likewise many are called "Father" in the Bible also. The term, "Father" in the Bible is referred to one in high authority. I am convinced that when (and if) Jesus Christ referred to his "Father" in heaven, he was only trying to connect with the people living in that time-frame. He spoke of God as the Father as one might refer to another in highest authority. But what concerned me most was that I was being told (taught) that Jesus WAS God but here we have the words of the Christ and he clearly speaks of God as a completely seperate and much higher entity than himself:

Peace.

waw just amazing story,loved it so
    thank u dear sis

Quote Originally Posted by miss tenderness
    waw just amazing story,loved it so
    thank u dear sis
    Thank u sister, may God bless u, but I am a brother not sister

Salam

oh so srry 4 dat, I took the story an spread it to ma contacts hope this is k wed u akhi?

It's an interesting experience. But, I wonder. I had exactly the same experience, the same questions, doubts, and received such terrible responses. But it apparently ends in different result. I was an atheist, now I am a Christian. I just wonder now, how could that happen? I mean the different results. How could the same experience produce different results (e.g. different faiths)?

You can see the statistics you will find that many Christians converted to Islam after they found the truth

ISLAAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION IN THE WORLD
    [

Quote Originally Posted by miss tenderness
    oh so srry 4 dat, I took the story an spread it to ma contacts hope this is k wed u akhi?
    well did sister, may God bless u.

the relative growth rates of Islam to Christianity are compiled from data that ended the very year before the great terrorist attacks of 911 against the world trade towers in 2001 and the train bomb in Spain in 2004. Statisticians are predicting that Islamic motivated terrorism will last the decade and bring Islam into great disrepute with the world population. This will have a very strong dampening effect on the long term predicted Islamic growth rates for the years 2025 and 2050.

Arrow Jesus did no such thing . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Gurrato Alaien
    This email has been sent to me by Christian sister who embraced Islam recently may God bless her and increase her faith, she sent me this email by PM in another forums, so I would like to post it here to get the benefit for Bro/Sis Christians, she clarify how Jesus (pbuh) led her to Islam:
    There is simply too much here to deal with in many a post. However, there is a web site that would answer 99% of the questions raised. If you care to discover real answers or formulate better arguments for the way you feel, go here. itl.org.uk
    I have no affiliation to it, but check out all the issues. You should see that two wrongs don't make a right. If you have further questions, write me. I can help.

Dan

Blog Entries
    Well, I noticed in the first post that he said, the sacrafice of christ did not make sense (paraphrased)... look to Hebrews
    9:21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

9:23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

(found at http://www.online-literature.com/bible/Hebrews/ )

Maybe there are more answers to your questions.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Smile

i guess religion is just not to be understood by human logic?
    if God truly made everything, He's obviously more knowledgable than our puny human brain... is it not?

and about the trinity... you can check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

and there's differences between Orthodox, Roman Catholic and Protestant... who are all called Christians.

At dark_182_88 ... Dude, do you even have a brain of your own at all? All you're doing in here is cutting and pasting form other websites. I mean no offence when I say this, it's just that I'm disappointed. When I first read the stuff you had to say about Islam (I think it was in the "What Muslims think about Jesus" thread), I was genuinely impressed, even though you were debating against Islam. Because, you see, my defiition of 'debate' is not to bad-mouth or degrade the opponent, but merely to enlighten him/her, and while doing so, to be respectful of the other person's believes or viewpoint. So, regardless of your viewpoint, I still respected what you said, and I admired your intelligence... or what I thought at the time was intelligence... I was sadly mistaken. And what's more is that the websites you are copying all your information from are websites that are blatantly anti-Islamislam.com - the statistics about the religions; answering-islam.org.uk- used in "What Muslims think about Jesus" thread, about Muhammad and Idolatry). Sam Shamoun, athour of answering-islam website, ridicules, mocks and degrades Muslims. If, in future, you wish to post anything against the Islamic beliefs, kindly copy them from a reliable and honest source that is unbiased and objective and that does not so obviously dislike the Islamic religion. The source from which you copy does not have to be an Islamic source, but merely one that does not harbour any hatred against Muslims and has not set out to disgrace them. I am sure that there are a few websites you can find that are there for the mere purpose of educating, enlightening, and not ridiculing and mocking.

Thank you.

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    It also would be quite nice to source the websites at the end of each of your posts (I'm quite sure the original authors would appreciate it)
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

[unaffected], they asked for proof, I gave them proof (as simple as that). None was refuted, so I do not see the problem.

This story affected me deeply... what affected me even more, to tears- the verses of the bible that are so similar to those in the Quraan. So similar, as if translated!

Then Jesus said, "...I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me,
    I speak these things.
    [John 8:28]

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven,
    nor the Son, but only the Father." [Mark 13:32]

"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will,
    but the will of him that sent me."
    [John 6:38]

"I ascend to My Father and to your Father, My God and to your God."
    [John 20:17]

All those are in the Holy Quraan my dear friends. When I finish my exams I will get the verses from the Quraan for you to read them.

What saddens me most, is that my christian friends here in my country, do not read the bible... if only they read it from cover to cover, they would have questions like many did. The problem is that they receive their religious education ONLY from the priest, he's their only source of knowledge, even the Bible verses that they read, he's the one that gives it to them from the bible. When they ask questions to their priest, he simply tells them, this is religion, you are to accept it as it is... you must have faith and not ask. It is true what he says, but in some aspects, one must understand... our only treasure is our human MIND and I believe we must satisfy it or else we may go crazy from all those unanswered questions. Another treasure we possess is our SOUL, and only when the mind understands will the soul be at peace and find rest.

The woman who told her story mentioned the word 'reverted'... I do not know how she realized it, honestly, I only did when I heard it from a person, telling his story too. He said that if you asked a child who hasn't been taught anything about ANY religion, if you asked him: is GOD one?, he would say YES... if you told him: GOD is three, that's when he will ask HOW? and you will have to explain to him what you have learned. The child then will believe that GOD is three, but his true self, when once was pure, knew that GOD is one. So she reverted, she went back to her pure nature, before getting affected by anyone or anything.

bhekti, you asked how could the same experience produce the same results? I'd tell you that the experience of religion never ends, the continous search of truth stays all along. Like she said in her story: I am not however, new to the truth found in the teachings of Islam. It was there all along. I just had no name for it before. I had no name for the truth. The name for the truth is Islam.

Even after reverting to Islam, she will continue her search of truth 'within' the teachings of Islam. It never ends, bhekti. from your words, I think you are satisfied where you are. I mean you think that you've found it and might stay there. but I, even as a Muslim, would tell you, that I am always searching for more truth- within my religion. It's like a sea that never empties... this feeling is so deep, I'm not quite sure I have the ability to portray them to you, but what I mean is, bhekti, keep going... continue your search. You were an athiest, then you became a Christian. Christianity is a religion with a prophet, with it's own teachings. Being devoted to a religion, alone, is an amazing progress when in the 1st place you believed in NO GOD. Satisfy your mind, and your soul, and continue your search for the peace, start with your religion, search deep inside it... ask everything and anything... read other religions that you know nothing about, and see, which is very similar to our human nature, and very similar to the truth in Christianity (that has been covered with contradictions as she said in her story).

Peace to you all my friends.

Jannah, you are very wise. And, honest. Yes, I am now on a search for something that can quench the thirst of my heart and mind. Religion is "only" a method.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast